Sears / sears is running a scam!

Sears is doing with their appliances what they did in California with their auto service a few years ago. When that scam was uncovered their auto service business went downhill. They would tell customers they needed parts replaced in their cars, when they didn't need them. I had a service technician come to my home to service my washer. She told me I needed a part that was no longer available. And it would be better for me to buy a new washer. When I checked their parts department they said it was available, so I ordered the part. On the day it was due to be delivered I called to verify shipment and was told it was no longer available. After many back and forth conversations with Sears promising to return phone calls, which never happened. I had to always call them back because they know nothing about keeping their word. Come to find out when checking my manuals and calling other companies, I didn't need a part at all, my washer belt slipped off. I have been a Sears customer since the 1960's. I have bought my last from Sears. I will be calling other repair people to do my repairs. I will be buying my appliances at Lowe's, Home Depot and Best Buy. With the unnecessary stress from the attitudes of their customer service people and the scamming of trying to make me buy a new washer from them, for me its bye, bye Sears. If everybody would stop buying from them they will soon go out of business. Maybe then they will wish they would have done the right thing by their customers, but it will be too late. When people try to take you for granted you need to show them that they're not the only store with appliances. Stop shopping at Sears, you can do better somewhere else. Look for other technicians to repair your appliances you don't have to call Sears. There are plenty of other technicians that repair all products.

Comments

• Rj
      25th of Jan, 2011

Sears products especially what you pay for the Elite...Elite what JUNK