SBI Credit Card / fraudulant transactions
I was in mental agony for the past two months because of this card people and their stereo type e-mail answers. In May 2007, when I was in Vizag, there were 5 transactions posted in my card account and all these were Chennai transactions. All these transactions were done on one day 26/5/07 and same day I also had a transaction at Vizag. I reported this matter and sent dispute form to their charge back department on 14/06/07. They said all these 5 disputed transactions are of 'Swipe' transactions, which means my card was used for swiping. Then I have sent a request to Asst. Vice President, customer care and two charge slips out of 5 were sent to me on 23/7/07. To my surprise the card number and name on these charge slips were same as my card. But the the date of expiry was different and the signature on the charge slip was not mine. Moreover the time of transaction is almost same as my genuine transaction at Vizag. I have sent a copy of the charge slip of my genuine transaction and wrote detailed letter highlighting these differences immediately on 24/7/07. Now after a month I have got a lr from them saying that the card used is mine and they are urging me to pay the money to avoid penal interest etc.
Can anybody explain how the details of my card were duplicated and why bloody these cards are so probable of fraud. I need suggestion to solve this problem. Luckily till date I have not got any threatening calls.
More SBI Credit Card Complaints & Reviews
- SBI ATM Card - lost atm card! 
- SBI ATM - transaction declined, amount debited from account 
- SBI ATM Card - to block lost sbi atm card 
- SBI online internet banking - https://www.onlinesbi.com/ is not working science 10 days 
- State Bank Of India - non payment of pension arrears revision of pension 
- State Bank Of India [SBI] - money transaction from my account (11000 rs)
- State Bank Of India [SBI] - atm room related
- SBI - atm withdrawal related. 
- State Bank Of India [SBI] - credit to sb a/c no.10320808816, amount:rs.25000/-
- State Bank Of India [SBI] - monthly rdi