Having problems with OCBC Bank?

1800 363 3333 (Personal Banking)
150 0999 (Indonesia)
+65 63 633 333 (Personal Banking)
+65 65 381 111 (Business Banking)
+65 65 598 000 (Head Office)
+62 212 650 6300 (Indonesia)
+60 383 175 000 (Malaysia, Personal Banking)
+60 130 088 7000 (Malaysia, Business Banking)
63 Market Street № 22-00, Bank of Singapore Centre
Singapore
Singapore - 048942

Complaints & Reviews

Credit card

I have always made payment for my credit card before the due date. However I have been charged late fee and interest charge not once but more than 3 times.
This shows the inefficiency and negligency of ocbc.
I tried to call their hotline but has never been able to get through to them.
I will not be banking with ocbc anymore. And I will not recommend ocbc to anyone!

re: fraud/scam transaction

Dear OCBC Compliance officer, C/c: To whom it may concern. I happened to randomly checked my bank account...

email being scam and fund transfer to scammer

Dear all, I duno what should I do now because I made a big problem to my company. I received supplier's email regarding remittance which it actual scammer email but display is the supplier email. We did inform bank to stop this transfer and sent swift message to the bank(the scammer's bank account) about this matter. However, based on our bank, no respond from them. We did made police report as well, and currently investigating our emails. On the first day of making TT Transfer to the bank account (from scammer) however beneficiary name is our supplier name, then, after 5th days, we been asked by the (scam) supplier to change the beneficiary name. After amendment the beneficiary name, no respond anymore and end up next two days the actual supplier inform us that they still have not yet received payment and eventually realise that we get scam. Now already the 8th days, I wish that our bank had really do the best of their effort and take serious on our matter. Thats a huge amount. I really felt hopeless and I wish anyone of you who are consultant or knew relevant of this case who looking my status here can let me know this Oversea TT Transfer can be stopped and recall the transfer back to our company. Kindly advise from all of you.

Credit card

The Manager
Credit Card Division
OCBC Bank Ltd.
Singapore

Subject: Request to Waive Financial&Late Fees Fee

Reference: OCBC

Dear to whom may concern,

This email is in reference to the late payment fee and interest charged to my credit card. OCBC Bank Credit Card No. [protected]. The dated of the charge is 07/08/2019. I have not received the credit card statement for the period from 01/05/2019 to 07/08/2019. Due to the non-receipt of the statement, I had no way of making the payment. Thus, I request that you kindly waive the late payment fee and interest charge, for without the statement, it was impossible for me to make the payment.

May: interest rate S$61.23
June: Late charge S$100.00
Interest rate S$63.49
July: interest charge S$60.64
August: Interest Charge S$62.14
Total: S$347.5

I have already paid $2814.77 through iBanking dated 07/08/2009 drawn by UOB Bank, payable in Singapore.

I kindly request you to waive the Financial&Late Fees Fee as a goodwill gesture to a loyal customer of yours. Many of the other credit cards I am using will helps waiver those fee once we requested.

I look forward to your confirmation that my waive financial&late fees has been waived.

Sincerely,
QIU TIAN

letter of no objection to consent to transfer application from redemption department at [protected]@ocbc.com

Dear Miss Tan,

I spoke to another officer ( a Miss Ong or Ng? - I can't remember) last week who explained the situation to me but your branches are telling the borrowers something else. Therefore I wrote to you yesterday requesting you to call me urgently. I expected a call from the same officer because we find ourselves wasting our time explaining the same things to every person who calls. But we do expect the officer who calls us to have read your own logs of communication with us SO THAT they understand the current query.

A few minutes ago Cik S called me and it appeared to me like she had not read my email of 19.6.2019 or had not understood our urgent query. We do not have the time to waste to keep explaining the same things to every officer who calls us.

If the bank is forcing us to only communicate with you via email instead of being able to call you ( as there no telephone numbers that we can access) then we do expect the bank officers to be on their toes and alert as to the problems borrowers or the solicitors are facing.

When I asked Cik S to please give me the name of the officer who spoke to me last week which I assume was in your log of communication I found her response a little rude and she was not willing to give me the name of the officer who spoke to me last Thursday (13.6.2019) and when I asked to speak to her supervisor or Miss tan or the officer who spoke to me last week she said she will get whoever it is to call me immediately and that was 15 minutes ago.

PLEASE BE INFORMED THAT I HAVE YET TO RECEIVE A CALL FROM MISS TAN OR THE OFFICER WHO SPOKE TO ME LAST WEEK.

Please be informed that we will bring the matter up with top management if we do not get a phone call from an officer on this matter before the end of the day. We have already informed you that consent application is pending your letter of no objection. If the Purchaser's loan is withdrawn due to your delay and unnecessary requirement as aforesaid the Purchaser will be holding your bank accountable.

PLEASE CALL US ON AN URGENT BASIS.

Regards

Philomena

I wrote this email a few minutes ago. My question to OCBC is why aren't the bank officers accessible to the public or at least to Solicitors. We may have an urgent legal query that can sometimes be dealt with by a quick phone call instead of a laborious process of writing an email and waiting for your officers to call us. In this age of quick communication and getting quick answers I am of the view that your current method of communication via email only is counter-productive. As you can see from my email above, the officer who called did not seem to know what was going on. Please enlighten me as to why your officers need to be protected from public and solicitor phone calls. And please enlighten me as to how long this process is going to take.

rude and impolite staff of loan department

My name is Miss Yoh and last week, I have placed booking for a property in the Klang Valley and thus, started looking for loans at various banks. OCBC Malaysia was one of the banks that I am eager to deal with and the person who approached me was Mr. LOH Jun Chang [Personal Financial Manager, Mortgage Sales] (mobile no: [protected]). He texted me via Whatsapp and emailed me the forms on Thursday (13 June). On Friday (14 June) at about 2:20pm, LOH Whatsapp me if I have sent him the needed documents. I immediately, replied no and that I will email those documentations to him on the following week. This morning (Monday, 17 June) at about 10:33am, LOH again texted me for the documents! Please let me know if LOH is out of his mind or what?! He expected me to provide him with all the documents in less than a week (which included weekends)?! Or is this how OCBC staffs are trained to push its potential client for businesses? Moreover, LOH is so rude and impolite when he texted me! I could provide proofs if the bank wished! This is a complete HARASSMENT to me! I am so pissed off by LOH's pushed and have decided to drop OCBC for my loan consideration! If LOH continues to pursue this way, he would definitely, chase more potential clients of OCBC away! He needs to be trained! My email is [protected]@gmail.com
Looking forward to OCBC's reply!

rude and impolite staff of loan department

open a saving account been rejected

To whom it may concern,

Last 2 weeks, I went to OCBC at Batu Maung, Penang to open a saving account under my name Fuah Boon See. The staff had told me that they needed some time for checking before to approve my application.
Today, I had been told by your staff from OCBC Batu Maung Branch that they rejected my application and without giving me any reason. I am so curious about my application was rejected without any explanation. In the meantime, I am a holder of current account in OCBC Bank under name of Glitter Medallion Travel Sdn. Bhd. for many years. I hope OCBC is able to clarify and give a the reason of rejection. My email is glitter.[protected]@gmail.com or my contact no. [protected]

service

Hi, today I went to your causeway point branch to get the new notes change for hari raya purpose but wa...

trade finance services

Inward lc and lc transfer through ocbc singapore takes at least 3 working days each to be processed. Avoid...

Resolved personal loan release letter & refund for excess payment not received

Name: Mohd Fazdhly Bin Kamarudin I/C no: [protected] Email: [protected]@yahoo.com Contact no...

premier account personal

I have been to OCBC branch at Taipan USJ Subang Jaya, Selangor on 28 Mar 2019. A lady name RUTH was my personal account assistant. The date she registered me for Premier Account. I asked for her phone number but she refused and said will whatsapp me later. I'm so disappointed, til to date she have not whatsapp me or whatsoever. If a small matter like this she can't do it, I doubt she is worth trusted person.
TQ

ocbc management of my unauthorized transactions

First and foremost I'm utterly pissed and disappointed at the manner OCBC handled my stolen credit cards issues.
I reported via phone & in person and even lodged an official report with OCBC providing supporting police reports & other documents pertaining to my stolen handbag with my credit cards whilst I was overseas in Apr 2018.
Purchases were made using my stolen cards amounting to about $1200
Till now Oct 2018 the matter had yet to be fully resolved as I'm still disputing the amount stolen with OCBC.
The funny thing is OCBC is charging me late payment charges & interests for the amount being disputed since Aug to Oct 2018 which has escalated to about $700 on top of the $1200 which they claimed I owed that was stolen from me.
You not only demanded me to pay back immediately even though the matter is still pending investigation but OCBC had even suspended my credit cards till further notice.
They even informed me that the cards will remain suspended even if I have repay them and I will have to reapply again if I want to use my credit cards with OCBC and it will be subjected to their review again.
What utter rubbish!! Did I ask for my cards to be stolen?? OCBC took more than 5 mths to investigate despite me filing the reports and had spoken to countless CSO and credit officers on a weekly basis clarifying the matter.
Why should I pay for the late charges & interest incurred on the amount stolen that was being investigated by OCBC and till now had yet to be resolved??
And this had indirectly caused my cards to be suspended and revoked??
Why do you have to go to such lengths to displeased and inconvenienced your customers??
Not that I asked to be robbed whilst on holiday. I did not ask for the matter to be unresolved for such a long period of time thus incurring the interests & late charges. It doesn't seem fair for OCBC to slap me with theses charges & suspending my cards.
I have money stolen from my credit cards from other banks too but I don't see them doing it to me. They handled it efficiently and professionally and they have since fully settled the matter even sooner than OCBC. I don't have to pay for any late charges or interests on the disputed amount whilst awaiting for the final outcome.
I suggest that OCBC seriously look into their procedures of handling customer complaints of this nature or be prepared to lose more customers to their competitors.
Another thing is this suspension of my credit facilities better not affect my credit ratings with the credit bureau and this is the question that I have questioned the bank and have yet to get a reply.

unauthorized transaction

ON 20 Sept night i received sms to verify a transaction not made by me. 21 sept morning i tried to call back...

business support

Requested for token replaced due to low Batt. Counter want to take back current token. Hello, this is business account. We need to transact daily!

New token haven't received, current token already deactivated. Hello, this is business account. We need to transact daily!!!

Who can respond to all this? Emailed to RM, Director & Service manager, no one bother to reply.

business support

misuse of home address

Dear Sir/Mdm,

I would like to bring to your attention that the current home address which is 659C Jurong West Street 65 #06-347 (S) 643659.
The house does not belong to Saadiah Mokhtar, my auntie. The house is rightfully owned by my mother, Satini Bte Mokhtar and I. Previously, when the courier guy sent the letter to the house. Previously, she has rented out a room at Boon Lay drive, but now, she has shifted out to a new place. I have already informed the courier of Sadiah new home address which is Blk 712A Jurong West St 71, #04-193 H/P(8402 2118).

We have also lodged a police report and ICA on Saadiah as she has misused our home address. Kindly please update your system to her correct address.

Juliana Juma'at

unauthorized fraudulent wire transportation

Hello good morning I have been trying to get someone to help me. This letter is in reference to a...

pdpa complaint

Ive visited tampines branch 3weeks ago to request for reissue of myCARD and confirmed my mailing address before left the counter. The staff has confirmed the address is as per my NRIC. And now I haven't received my card. I called in again and told me that I should receive the card within the next 2 days but when I confirm with her my mailing address again it is TOTALLY WRONG. You have been mail the past year letter to the house that I'm not staying anymore.

A call back from call centre: Sethukarasi now is telling me the card has not mail out yet which is so contradicting, you told me the card I should receive 2 days later and now after knowing is pdpa issue, you change your answer.

I have been to your branch personally with myNRIC which stated the current address and your staff did make a photocopy and yet still send to the house I am not staying there anymore. I'm waiting for an answer from you and everytime I have to call in and repeat my story again and again. My request is not a complicated request and yet waste me so much time and unable to settle it. I'm not sure whether any of my personal data letter had sent to that address because the staff couldn't advise me on that and even saying it's okay.if nobody staying there will return to OCBC. Is this the way OCBC handle customer issue and correct personal privacy protection?

payments not received!

Dear Mr/Mrs,

Last Monday (September 25th) a payment has been received by the OCBC Bank from the HSBC bank in Malaysia from Fastbridge (client) with the amount of THB 2.2, mio. This money was sent to my Business Account [protected].

Although OCBC Bank already received the funds on 25th of September they still refuse to transfer the funds to my account. I've been calling with both my account Manager and the Customer Service on a daily basis and every time I was told a different excuse why the funds weren't in my account yet.

Nobody took the ownership or the responsibility to actually solve the problem, but they all keep bringing excuses like (Sorry, I can't help you, it's a different department, sorry, not my responsibility, please check again tomorrow, etc)

I really hope this was an incident and that future payments/issues will be handled with more speed and ownership. I only just started banking with OCBC but this gives me a very bad feeling about how OCBC treats their clients.

Hopefully this complaint will be followed up correctly and I will finally find someone who takes me serious as a client and actually will help te get my problem solved.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Frank

credit card late fee charges

OCBC is one of the worst bank i have dealt with. It is one bank i will never like to have any transactions in future. I was traveling overseas so there was a delay in payment of my credit card. They charged 120$ late fee payment. When i dialed to there phone number to give my side of story. They asked me to talk to there automated line and they said this the only way. I talked to the machine and lo behold the machine did not answer anything. No one got back to me. So i called back 1 day before my bill was overdue. This time better sense prevailed and i talked to there customer service( what was i thinking earlier trying to follow instruction and talk to machine)The guy told me miss sorry nothing can be done. Ok then i asked him to cancel the card. He said you need to go to AXS center to pay if you cancel your card. I said i dont want to go to AXS center.Please ask your manager to call me. The manager called me today and told me that they have levied another $100 as late fee as i am overdue by 1 day and now i have to pay $280 to them including all interest. If they are going to ask me to pay $100 could not they tell me yesterday to pay else they will be charging me extra. This is a loot and this is not something i will accept any bank to do.Seriously compromised work ethics.

cheque encashment issue

On 6th Aug around 2 pm, I was at your branch located at Northpoint shopping centre to encash a Cash Cheque that was been issued by my client.
However, the counter staff decline my request with a reason stating the 'marking' before the last 2 digits in S$ box amount could not be distinguish whether is it a 'comma' for thousand & hundred numerals or a decimal point for cents indication.
I did clarify with the staff that the written amount and the numeral figure is the same so why was it been rejected? A prompt and firm reply was been responded immediately repeating that the 'marking' before the last 2 digits could be a comma, hence whatever the numeral amount may be, it will still be an in-valid cheque.
Dumbfound by this replay, I have suggest whether would the staff wants to call up the account holder to verify but the counter staff again replied immediately explaining that the Cheque that i'm holding will still need to be endorsed by the issuer under the numeral S$ box section again even after verifying with the account holder on the phone before I can encash it.

I have strongly believe your counter staff has definitely gone thru very strict training to ensure compliance of rules will be implemented.
A snapshot of the cheque as proof for your reference will only be provided upon request.
I have encashed numerous cheques as well as issuing them as well, but till date, this is the most unique reason that i have ever heard so far.
Would sincerely appreciate the relevant department to be able to verify and revert back on this small issue asap.
As I would definitely love to highlight this strict stringent company policy rules from your company to the public awareness and also compliment on the unwavering services that your staff is providing.