Sansui Electric / sled5515w led 55 in tv

1 Olney, IL, United States

This TV was purchased as a gift for my parents. After having been set up for less than 3 months the TV made a popping noise and half of the screen went discolored. There is visible melting at the corner. A TV repair person described this issue as being caused by the internal board getting too hot and melting the panel. They said this happens a lot. After my parents attempted to contact Sansui about the issue, they were told, as others with the same complaint on here, that this was something they did. This is obviously a faulty product if numerous people have the same issue. I have attempted to contact the warranty department myself, since it was MY purchase. It it now approximately 1 month before the warranty expires. Yes, we have now had this TV for almost 11 months, 8 of those with a portion of the screen darkened, while attempting to have this taken care of by the manufacturer. After attempting to contact the warranty department myself, I have been provided no additional information. I was simply told, this claim has been submitted.

Je