Sams Club Discovercard / ge moneybank policy of lieing and theft of funds

United States Review updated:
4.5
Beware of the Sams Club Discovercard issued by GE Moneybank. I have no complaint of Sam's Club except that they associate with such a corrupt organization like GE Moneybank. I was set with a low ($6, 800) credit limit when I opened my account. I knew I would need more than that during a monthly billing cycle. So, I made advance payments from my Wells Fargo bank debit card at the club store to ensure that I did not go over my available credit. Now, GE says that those payments from my bank account are not available for 20 days, and the account is locked until they clear. So, I have prepaid GE $5, 000 of my money and cannot use it because they claim they are waiting the payment to clear. The money was debited from my account the day I paid them, yet they claim they do not get the money for 20 days. Who has the money for those 19 days. So, not only can I not use the prepaid credit, I cannot use any of the $6, 800 credit limit. What kind of third world financial system are they using that would take 20 days to get a electronic payment from one bank to another. When you call, you are talking to people in Asia that say you can fax a copy of your bank statement or have the clerk at sam’s Club call them. What a joke, neither of those got the issue resolved. They say something different each time you call. They just want the use of your money for 3 weeks.
Te

Comments

Ja
  11th of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I cannot log onto the Sams Discover Card web site about 9 times out of 10. They have problems with their web. It is the only credit hard that i own that continually has t his problem. Also if I pay my bill before the 6th, it goes on lasts months bill and then they charge a late fee for that month!
Ma
  20th of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I have the same problem with Sam's Discover card. They prevent me from checking my account on line.
Co
  11th of May, 2009
I have never had a problem with the website. Maybe operator error?
Ra
  19th of Apr, 2011
No complaints about Sam's Club, but the website for Sam's Club Discover is terrible. I have to call customer service nearly every month to get into my account to post a payment. Changes to user names and passwords are effective for that time, but the next month we start all over again and I'm on the phone with them for 20-30 minutes to resolve the access issue. Far and away the worst credit card site I deal with.
Bi
  1st of Feb, 2012
Got my new (Renewal) cards from Sam's Discover, and had to call them to activate. No big deal right, Wrong. The automated activation system takes your information and then at the end puts you on hold for a live person. I was on hard five minutes, thinking something was wrong. No, a nice lady comes on and asks about the weather, then goes into her selling speach. I interrupted her to tell her, you mean Sam's Discover put me on hold for 5 MINUTES to sell me something, you have to be kidding me.

Sam's Club / Sam's West Logo Sam's Club / Sam's West