Sam's Club / not new

A few weeks back I went to the Sams Club in Goodlettsville Tn. I purchased a solar security light for use outside .Let me say I was very happy with the item so much so that I went back a few days later and purchased another one . When I bought the two lights I paid about 60 dollars plus tax per light . I had decided to just put the second light away and to use it if I felt I neede it . I decided about a month or so later that i would take it out and also use the second light. Well when I opened what I thought was an unopened box I found a light inside that had clearly been used it had finger smires all over the solar part and the light was broken screws taken off and laying inside the box with the bags that it was suppose to have been stuffed inside where someone had taped them to the box it had white paint on the wire where it looked as if someone had painted while they had it on what ever they had it on. Well needless to say I was very upset to think I trusted Sams to not resale something that someone or them selfs had used. At first I thought partly it was my fault because I should have checked it the day I bought it but then I told myself why should I have to worry about if the item I am buying is new When I purchase it SEALED IN A BOX CLEARLY FROM A STORE WHERE IT IS SUPPOSE TO BE NEW THEN I SHOULD BE ABLE TO EXPECT TO RECIEVE A NEW ITEM. I did not buy this from a second hand store . Well when I went back to the store the lady at the service desk said we dont sell this any more and all I can do is give you the last sale price which was 27.00 WELL SAMS WHEN I PAY 40 DOLLARS A YEAR FOR YOUR MEMBER SHIP THEN I TRUELY BELIEVE YOU LOOKED UP ON MY MEMBERSHIP AND SAW WHEN AND WHERE I BOUGHT THIS ITEM AND KNEW VERY WELL THAT I PAID 60.00 AND TAX FOR IT AND I AM ALMOST SURE YOU ALSO COULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO TELL IF SOMEONE HAD RETURNED THIS LIGHT BEFORE I BOUGHT IT SO MAYBE I NEED TO RETHINK IF I WONT YOUR MEMBERSHIP CARD NEXT YEAR MAYBE I SHOULD TRY ANOTHER WAREHOUSE GIANT. AND BUYER BE WARE MAKE SURE YOU CHECK EVERY THING YOU BUY BEFORE ITS TO LATE YOU CAN BET YOU I WILL CHECK MINE BEFORE I LEAVE THE STORES PARKING LOT. DONT SAY I DIDNT WORN YOU!!!

Comments

• Do
      7th of Jan, 2011

Dear [censor],

Did you save your receipt? The return policy (which is posted visibly at the membership desk) states that you must have your receipt to receive a full refund. Without a receipt, they can only refund you the amount that it would currently ring up. Poor planning on your part does not constitute an inconvenience on the part of Sam's Club. Learn from your stupidity and remember your receipt next time and you can avoid the embarrassment of confirming everyone's suspicion of you being an utter [censor] in public.

Sincerely,