Safeway / I am feeling somewhat sexually harassed

I have to say, as of this morning, I am really disappointed in Safeway. I went there with my brother and my baby son to get some groceries for breakfast, we were in great moods, laughing and talking. All of a sudden, a manager (I assume he was a mngr.) who I have never seen at that store before came walking up towards us, smiled and said hi, then walked behind me, turned around and looked down at my rear. I was wearing a sori (long skirt) and I guess it had moved down a bit while I was holding my son, because this guy says, "Miss, you're showing a bit, you need to pull your skirt up." No problem! I thought he was just being polite, so I pulled it up and said, "Thank you!". He looked right at me and said, "More." Ok...still being polite? So I inched it up a bit more. I looked at him, he looked at me and again he said, "More." By this time my brother and I are looking at each other, wondering what is wrong with this situation. So I pulled up more, right next to my belly button, and this guy looks at me, raises his eyebrows, sighs, and says, "A LOT more than that!" I said, "Excuse me?? Just where am I still showing?" My skirt was up at my belly button by this point, NOTHING was showing. For that matter, nothing was really showing in the first place, because I asked my bro., and he said he hadn't even noticed anything, but that maybe an inch of skin and the very tops of my undies. I see girls ALL THE TIME walking around in nothing but their bikinis - or they have on a pair of shorts so short that you can see almost their entire rear, and a little extra in the front. Since when did Safeway become the Fashion Police?

Needless to say, I am a customer of over 2 years at that particular store, and I was humiliated in a store full of people, and am feeling somewhat sexually harassed, considering it was a male mngr., and he deliberately walked behind me, and looked down at my rear.

La

Comments

• La
      14th of Oct, 2011

Caught on Camera HOME FOR RATS INSECTS, RUSTY DIRTY SHOPPING CARTS ..SAFEWAY AT 116 University Blvd., Silver Spring Maryland 20901 (301) 593-7526
    send your complaint to these top safeway managers we are working on a class action save your emails

Steven.Burd@safeway.com
    Melissa.Plaisance@safeway.com
    Robert.Edwards@safeway.com
    Robert.Gordon@safeway.com
    Russell.Jackson@safeway.com

Safeway Pharmacy is under investigation for the use of sub-standard generics, mislabeling pharmaceuticals, negligence, professional misconduct, incompetence, prescription errors and HIPPA violations. If you have concerns or complaints about Safeway Pharmacy please contact: California State Board of Pharmacy ** ** **.