Ryan Air / Terrible experience!

1 Ireland Review updated:

I arrived on Nov.30th at check in with Ryan Air, and was told the woman just left check in... 2 minutes early... this was from the Aerarran Check in woman. I said I still had two minutes, she said 'I know' go to service star and get them to get you on. Service star had a line of 4 people ahead of me, so I said... I can't wait, Ryan Air closed check in two minutes early and I need to get on that flight so I don't miss my connecting flight. She said... you have to wait, and then said... oh its to late, you should have been on time. I said I was, your personnel closed the terminal too early, she said... well i can get you on the 1:30 flight. My connecting flight was at 2pm. After 20 to 25 minutes... they had the nerve to do a last call for my flight. I said 'are you serious, you doing a last call for check in and you won't let me in', she shrugged her shoulder's. I then went to aerlingus and rescheduled my flight for Sunday, and went back and said, ok I've rescheduled that flight, i need to reschedule this one now. She said... I'm sorry, you should have done that when you were here, you can't reschedule it now... I said, oh my god... you just told me i wouldn't be able to make my connecting flight and reschedule it, now less than 5 minutes later, your telling me I can't reschedule this one. I want a number for complaints, she said I'm sorry, and wrote down a number...bogus number that rings and rings... no answer. So when i got back from there i called customer service who gave me a fax number and said someone will email me. Then said... this doesn't mean your getting a refund! I said how long before someone contacts me, she said 'I don't know', but again that doesn't mean you'll get a refund. Who do I contact about this... it cost me 189.00 euro to change my aerlingus flight... 80 euro for that flight and now i have to buy another ticket yet! I have never been so upset, or had this kind of problem with an airline, absolutely ridiculous!

Comments

• Ir
      24th of Jun, 2011
    Ryan Air - false imformation
    Ireland

I have been looking forward to seeing my son to day. I check the time his flight was to arrive a few times during the afternoon before i left for the airport, only to get there and find the flight had landed nearly an hour early and i had missed my son, to make matters worse the shelters out side the airport a the bus stops are to small for all the people and it dose rain alot in dublin.

10th of Aug, 2013

I had never heard of Ryan air or their unscrupulous service until I recently booked a flight with them. I saved my boarding pass to my iPad and upon arrival at the airport discovered you needed an actual paper copy. To board my flight I needed to reprint it... The charge for two peices of paper... €140! What a rip off. How do they get away with this daylight robbery!

• Le
      10th of Aug, 2013

It's a discount airline. What do you expect? The flight prices are so low because they charge for everything else.