Having problems with Ryanair?

+353 152 044 4004 (General Queries)
+353 818 303 030 (Post booking Queries)
+44 871 500 5050 (International)
+44 871 246 0000 (United Kingdom)
+32 90 233 600 (Belgium)
+358 60 019 055 (Finland)
+36 690 982 213 (Hungary)
+31 900 040 0860 (Netherlands)
Ryanair Dublin Office, Airside Business Park, Swords
Co Dublin
Ireland

Complaints & Reviews

lost property

My daughter left her camera on Ryanair Flight FR 109 Stansted to Shannon on Sunday night 15th March last. She was returning from a school tour and had taken lots of photographs and was upset about this. She phoned customer services next day but got no satisfaction. Someone found the camera on that flight! Can anyone help. Perhaps the camera is left in some office in Shannon waiting for owner?

marilyn ann Aug 25, 2009

There is a company that deals with Ryanair Air lost property: Greencap; I can not find any contact deitails, can any one help. I left an item on a plan returning from Shannon Airport and have had no luck or help from the airline?

marilyn ann Aug 25, 2009

There is a company that Ryaniar use for lost property: GREENCAP: I have not found any contact details. As I understand the situation there will be a cost to get your property back, if you are lucky to get through to them! Stanstead airport have been no help with getting my property back and the longer it takes to find your property the higher the cost. Can you help?

Josie |Murphy Apr 03, 2013

I dropped my glasses while on the plane, though I didn't realise it untill on my way home. My son picked me up immediately so they weren't missed until I got home. However, I followed the instructions for locating the lost property list. I found the 1st of April, the day I returned to Stansted, and found what I believe to be my glasses. When I phoned the number given, I was told that Ryanair doesnt deal with lost property, you have to send email to Heathrow? I am still waiting for a reply. I am lost without my glasses, I am now wearing an old pair to type this. The glasses lost cost me £235 for the lenses alone, I had to use an old frame for the lenses to be placed into. They are verifocals. The glasses are in a soft pouch made of tartan twill in green and blue (a christmas present from my grandson). Hardly a common glass pouch!

found property

I found an MP3 player and headphones on my seat when I boarded a flight from La Rochelle in France to London Stansted on 16th October 2008 at 18:15 hrs. They had clearly been left there by someone on the earlier inbound flight to La Rochelle. When I told the Stewardess about this and asked what I should do, she told me to post the items back to La Rochelle Airport. This seems a rather insecure policy, and I wondered if anyone has a better suggestion as to how I could to track down the genuine owner.

Thank you.

Mark Taylor Oct 31, 2008

I subsequently wrote to Ryanair head office with details of this lost property and asked them to contact La Rochelle airport on my behalf, but I have not heard from them yet. As far as I know, the owner of the MP3 player has not tried to contact me via this website yet either.

unable to cancle bookings

Dear Sir/Ms,

I have been trying to cancel our bookings since August 23rd. with no luck. I wrote & emailed Michael O’Leary, [protected]@ryanair.com etc., [protected]@acumus whom I may say answered me the next day with the phone numbers on Ryanair website which didn’t response.. The last # “for the rest of the world” +[protected]

automatic reply is “This number can not be reached in this country right now, call back later.”

Booking date Sat. Jul 12, 2008

Confirmation number J6RJ7J

Status CONFIRMED

Passengers are ; Katherine Corcoran, James Corcoran, Dianne Corcoran, William Cook

I made reservations for four people to fly return from Stansted to Corkfrom Sat. September 13th flt# 902 depart STN 17:50
arrive ORK 19;20
Return from Cork to Stansted
Fri. September 19th flt 902

depart ORK 08:10
arrive STN 09:25
I need to cancel these flights . My husband went into the hospital on August 11th with pneumonia and after chest ex-rays he was found to have lung cancer.

Does anyone have a clue as to how I can get in touch with this irresponsibly company?

Sincerely, Kay Corcoran

online check in facility

Ryanair takes customer care seriously. Do you want to make a reservation - telephone the number they provide and be prepared to pay 10p/minute. Should you wish to make a complaint telephone a different number they provide and be prepared to pay £1/minute.
Flying from Glasgow Prestwick to London Standsted on 23rd July on 1015hrs flight and waited to be checked in. On reaching desk we were told I would need to pay £4 each for a boarding pass as I had not used the on line booking facility. £8 lighter in my wallet - mark it down to experience, read the small print in future (the booking was made on 24/06/08) On arrival at Stanstead I was able to access a computer but discoverd I could not book in online. This was contrary to the advise I had been given at Prestwick. End result I now had to pay £16 to board the 1655 hour flight back to Prestwick with my 2 grandchildren. The lady at the customer desk at Standstead empathised but still insisted on the money

Its now the eve before we all fly back to Stansted on 30/07/08. Still can't check in online. so it wil be another hit in my wallet.

The less than helpful message declining my online check in request gives the following reason for refusing:-

Trying to check in outwith the " no earlier than 5 days to flight or with less than 4 hours to fight.

" One or more of the airports are restricted ( staff at both locations have stated I should have checked in online)

They possibility of having items that require a check in at the desk ie sports equipment etc.

We had no bags to check in - a handbag only. The two children had hand luggage only.

As this is a complaint it can only be dealt with by utilising the premium rate telephone number (another money grabbing scheme) or write to their head office in Dublin.

I heard on the radio this week Rynair has suffered a big drop in profits due to the price of oil.

They will soon make it up with their customer care telephone charges

Chris from Ireland Aug 04, 2009

I had a problem with ryanair's online check in which meant I had to call there premium rate internet help desk (irony), after a 25.16 euro phone call they could not help, I asked for my money back for the phone call, I was not surprised when I got the standard " no chance on earth" reply, so for a charge of 15 Euro I made an application to the small claims courts for my 25.16 euro phone call and the 15 euro court fees, after a while and two days before the court date Ryanair folded and I got all my money back, what a pleasure it was, the satisfaction of beating ryanair. The small claims court is a very effective tool, for the bully boys like Ryanair. If more people used this very effective and easy tool to get what is due to them from Ryanair and other low cost carriers. It is thier (airlines) duty to provide food, transport and accomodation when they have delays on their flights, one group of passengers refused to get of a fliht untill they (ryanair) had provided a bus to transport them after ryanair diverted to another airport, people power works too. As far as I know all EU countries have a small claims type court system in place, it is very simple and often done online without the use of solicitors, just give all the true relevent information and keep all ther reciepts for food, transport phone calls etc as they will form part of your claim. It is simple, if they delay, cancel or divert they have to look after you, it is the law, but I'm afraid the law rarly looks after you, but the small claims will always go by the letter of the law in black and white, so you can be sure of a very fair hearing. good luck and please use the small claims system it is brilliant to beat the liks of Ryanair. Chris. Co Galway, Ireland.

no refund received

The Ryanair Custom Service (WWTE Support) is bosh it. After I've canceled my hotel, I called the Custom Service in Sweden and asked for refund. The operator Pierre Vilander is so unprofessional I can't believe Ryanair hire such person. He can't speak fluently, can't find my confidential documents but blamed his colleagues might thrown them away. Ten days ago he said that the refund has been transferred to my bank account, which is obviously a lie. This kind of employee may only do more damage instead of benefit to the company.

Matt Aug 12, 2008

What did you expect from Ryanair?????????

forgotten mobile phone on board

I am a passenger of RYANAIR flight no. FR5172 from Stansted to Billund (Sun, Apr 13, 2008). And accidently I...

changing flight times!

My girlfriend and I have used Ryanair to travel between Shannon where she lives and Manchester where I live for nearly 2 years now. So far we have had to put up with an "average" level of service from them in terms of timekeeping and notification about delays. From the 1st of april 2008 they changed the flights on sunday from either location to mid afternoon, and the flights on friday to more or less lunch time. From June 2008 they have now changed the flights back "home" to 1st thing in the morning. What use is that to ANYONE who wants to see friends or family. They are providing a service to the public. This service should at least be at times when people CAN travel and WANT to travel. Does anyone regulate airlines and the service they provide, or do they have free rein to do whatever they want to make Michael O'Leary even richer. They may be a "lo-cost" airline, but lo cost shouldn't mean NO service, and by service I mean cabin crew who can speak English, announcements that flights are LATE rather than keeping you at the gate for an hour with NO notification at all, and also changing flights to disrupt peoples lives.

Jazzyee Sep 08, 2013

Horrible service. Was left stranded in London after cancelled flight to Germany. Was told that even the luggage fees which I paid that day could take weeks to get refunded. I had to find my own way back to Frankfurt for my connecting flight to the US. I was devastated and horrified at the rudeness of the employees and their lack of concern.
    If this is not resolved soon, I will seek legal action.

Terrible experience!

I arrived on Nov.30th at check in with Ryan Air, and was told the woman just left check in... 2 minutes early... this was from the Aerarran Check in woman. I said I still had two minutes, she said 'I know' go to service star and get them to get you on. Service star had a line of 4 people ahead of me, so I said... I can't wait, Ryan Air closed check in two minutes early and I need to get on that flight so I don't miss my connecting flight. She said... you have to wait, and then said... oh its to late, you should have been on time. I said I was, your personnel closed the terminal too early, she said... well i can get you on the 1:30 flight. My connecting flight was at 2pm. After 20 to 25 minutes... they had the nerve to do a last call for my flight. I said 'are you serious, you doing a last call for check in and you won't let me in', she shrugged her shoulder's. I then went to aerlingus and rescheduled my flight for Sunday, and went back and said, ok I've rescheduled that flight, i need to reschedule this one now. She said... I'm sorry, you should have done that when you were here, you can't reschedule it now... I said, oh my god... you just told me i wouldn't be able to make my connecting flight and reschedule it, now less than 5 minutes later, your telling me I can't reschedule this one. I want a number for complaints, she said I'm sorry, and wrote down a number...bogus number that rings and rings... no answer. So when i got back from there i called customer service who gave me a fax number and said someone will email me. Then said... this doesn't mean your getting a refund! I said how long before someone contacts me, she said 'I don't know', but again that doesn't mean you'll get a refund. Who do I contact about this... it cost me 189.00 euro to change my aerlingus flight... 80 euro for that flight and now i have to buy another ticket yet! I have never been so upset, or had this kind of problem with an airline, absolutely ridiculous!

• Ir
    irate traveler Jun 24, 2011

I have been looking forward to seeing my son to day. I check the time his flight was to arrive a few times during the afternoon before i left for the airport, only to get there and find the flight had landed nearly an hour early and i had missed my son, to make matters worse the shelters out side the airport a the bus stops are to small for all the people and it dose rain alot in dublin.

Maree Stuart Aug 10, 2013

I had never heard of Ryan air or their unscrupulous service until I recently booked a flight with them. I saved my boarding pass to my iPad and upon arrival at the airport discovered you needed an actual paper copy. To board my flight I needed to reprint it... The charge for two peices of paper... €140! What a rip off. How do they get away with this daylight robbery!

• Le
    Lenni Aug 10, 2013

It's a discount airline. What do you expect? The flight prices are so low because they charge for everything else.

poor lost property handling!

I would like to complain about Ryanair's handling of Lost Property at Stansted Airport in London. I...