Royal Holiday / deception, unethical

1 3519 RIVER FOREST, RICHMOND, TX 77406United States Review updated:
Phone: 7134470637

We bought a timeshare from the royal holiday club in bahama. Since then we were not be able to use it because of all the redtape and nuisance of booking a vacation with their unhelpful staff. Last year in august, we paid off the account and hired elite equity transfer service to transfer to occidental timeshare. Elite equity transfer has sent all paperwork to them and they always find ways to deny the transfer. One paper on the signatures notorized which we had to send out 3 times since they alsways denied them. It is obvious that they are trying to hold this process and lied about the paperwork is not handled correctly. Now that they threaten to ruin our credit score for not paying the yearly maintenance fees. We are getting very tired of dealing with them and wish to put this behind us. Please help, we are exhausted of their scam.

Wi
Apr 28, 2013

Comments

29th of Apr, 2013

We signed up for a membership that had so little points that we could only go to three places in their catalog. I sent the cancellation letter and they verified that they received it, yet they have not refunded the money we paid in. By their own contract they are required to refund the money within 15 business days, but they are not cooperating and now will not respond to my e-mails, although I got five e-mails a day when they were trying to convince me to purchase another plan. I contacted a mexican law firm company to help me out to fight against these crooks. You should contact them too, they give you a free consultation, no fees upfront, this is their website:

• Vi
      17th of Oct, 2013

I know how you feel, and it seems like this is a common problen in Mexico. I purchased a travel program through Sandos Playacar at Royal Elite Timeshare Resort in Playa del Carmen last March and I requested to cancel within the 5 day grace period but they still have not refunded my down payment of over $9000 US dollars. I have been in touch with people there and they say they are working the process but it takes time. It has now been almost 5 months and I am losing faith they will ever pay me back. This is another forum with more complaints about this company:

I believe we should do something about it, as I understand Mexican regulations forbid the offering of gifts, free vacation certificates or any other promotion strategies without informing the consumer the specific purpose of the offer. I want to complaint with PROFECO about this, and get my money back