Complaints & Reviews

Resolved they take my money

we when santo domingo for vacation an they told us we can go there many times they we wants with some payments an we can take vacation all the times we whent first years them the second years the room are more expence an final never reserve with then

• Du
    dulzura Oct 21, 2010

Royal Holiday Club is a scam

Royal Holiday Club is an international institution that is dedicated to scam many people all over the world. I am one of the following people that have been robbed by this particular club. I went for holidays to Punta Cana (Dominican Republic) on December 7, 2009. I stayed at the hotel Bavaro Princess for the time being. When I was in the lobby of the hotel I met a sales person that worked for Royal Holiday club, he also said that Royal Holiday Club was a part of the hotel; he then invited us to his office. When we arrived to their office they served us wine and all kinds of alcoholic’s drinks. They made sure that we were completely drunk, so then they started talking about business, telling us how successful they are in their tourist industry. They talked so innocently that we believed everything that they have said to us. They brain washed us until we decided to buy from them for what they call timeshares or holidays for life.

We bought the membership from them and we paid more than $3000.00USD. These thieves told me that we can cancel the membership in 20 days if I am not pleased with the purchase. When I arrived to Canada I realized that I have been robbed by this company then me immediately I contacted them by sending register mail but they never responded. I am a victim that has been robbed like the other millions of North Americans that are in the same position as me.

I tried to contact the Dominican Republic authorities and I have mentioned them of the scam that is running in their country, but their was no use complaining because they didn’t do anything about it. And then called the Ministry of tourist and Dominican Republic, but is the same thing they told me that they are doing an investigation about this company. I do not know if they will get my money back.

The government of Canada should put signs of travel warnings to countries like Dominican Republic and Mexico in all airports to prevent this from happening to Canadian citizens.

Sincerel

dulzura

Resolved scam and rip off

Amid all the rhetoric about business and other relations between the USA and Mexico there is a Mexican company which Has scammed hundreds of US citizens out of thousands of dollars. Especially appalling is that the Mexican officials have made no effort to curtail their fraudulent conduct.

The company is Royal Holiday club with headquartyers in Mexico City and offices in almost all major Mexician resorts. Written comments and complaints on the internet give Royal Holiday a D grade for serivces and product, but an A+ in corruption.

Their main scam is in the sale of memberships. They promise all sorts of incentives, which are seldom delivered, to by a membership. In addition they have scammed many people by connecting them with a company that offers to buy other time shares for sufficient monies to cover much of the cost of the membership. The company, International Leisure Group (ILG), does not have offices where they say they are doing business from and phone nubers that connect unknown addresses. They, Gene Cantrell or Jack Lewis, even correspond with the victims giving them assurance and excuses about the purchase of the time shares. The Scam is not at the local sales level. It is well known and sanctioned by the corporation. A corporate financial officer at Los Tules, Luis Tello, participates in the closing of the sale knowing part of the agreement includes ILG's offers. Royal Holiday should be avoided at all costs. They have scammed over 400 people to date in the last few years.

christina ormsby Nov 20, 2011

What advise can you give to get out scam contract with Royal Holiday ?

christina ormsby Nov 20, 2011

What legal rights do I have?

• Ve
    VeryAngryatElCid Nov 30, 2011

Dear Christina,

You might be entitled to cancel and get a refund if you cancelled within five days after the purchase; cancel and recover a portion of the monies paid if you cancel within a certain time frame (I´m not sure what that is) but you need to have evidence that either the salesman lied to you or lack of service. I cancelled mine and did not recovered anything but at least I will not have to pay for the next maintenance fees on January. There are many lawfirms or companies online. you can google "cancel a royal holiday timeshare".

Last advice: NEVER PAY UPFRONT TO RENT, SALE, DONATE OR CANCEL A TIMESHARE!!! Period.

• Ke
    KellyRhds Apr 02, 2012

promising to be able to book anywhere anytime you want, that you can book any kind of room, or that you have benefits such as low airfare fees or free airplane tickets, or free cruise tickets are more often than ever a lie that the sales associate are willing to tell you to get you to purchase a membership with them.

do not sign a contract without reading it, and if something that they promise you is not within the contract DO NOT PURCHASE IT its not going to happen.

here is another blacklist for Royal Holiday where more complaints are made to this resort.

Resolved won't let us cancel

We just got back from Cancun where we stayed at the Oasis Cancun. We attended a presentation on a vacation club which appealed to us because we like to cruise and we enjoyed the all-inclusive. Sadly we agreed to purchase, were given a book which I started to read and observed that the information did not match what Kris Garcia told us about cruises. We called the credit card company but they said charges went through. We attempted to cancel in person but were threatened that we would have to pay more for a supposed upgrade to our room, that it would be better to wait til we returned to USA. We did talk to a woman in Mexico City who was aggressive and said we were not being truthful. We just want our money back since we are seniors on a fixed income. I have been travelling to Mexico since 1969 and this makes me wary of ever returning, since the Oasis company is allowing this fraud to be carried on! Beware of friendly people in Mexico who have something to sell.

• Ka
    karleebarlee Oct 02, 2009

i would say be wary of anybody anywhere who has something to sell.

• Ke
    KellyRhds Apr 02, 2012

Royal Holiday should have let you cancel your timeshare contract with them within the first 5 days of purchasing you are entitle to a total refund of your monies if you did this.
    more often the sales associate are telling the customers that the 5 days period is not legal in mexico that it doesnt even exist. but by the law you are TOTALLY entitle to this right and you should enforce it without no trouble.

here is another blacklist from Royal Holiday where more complaints are being share.

Resolved criminal fraud

In October 2006 I and my husband went to Dominican Republic for selebration our 21 Aniversary. There we were "caught" by royal-holiday sellers who offered us "perfect" deal we canot refuse it. They promissed that they give as apportunuty to buy vacation packages directly from the Head of Travel Tourizm Industry who sells to Apple Vacation company and Master Travel company. The whole prize for 30 years vacation was 14K. Every year for 15000 points we can invite up to 8 friends to be with us at not less then 5 stars hotel in ambassador room. Plus we, as member of their club, can buy airplans tickets with up to 50% discount." We did terrible mistake to trust that proffecional layers! We paid 40% down payment by Amex credit card and sign "preliminary" contract. The sells manager mr. Pena who informed us that he is christian - what means lie is not acceptable for his nature- said that when we came home we will recieve all documentation for study and permanent contract to be signed. Only after that the charge will be in effect. Also he told if we refuse this offer we never will have this chance again. We fell secure because we paid by credit card and knew that we can stop payment if something wrong. We didn't get any documentation when we came back home. Month later I tried to call Mr.Pena to ask him about documentation but he hanged up on me as soon I introduced myself. I thought it was accident and recalled him but he hanged up before I said one word. The contract has to be in effect on Jan.1, 2007, but already on 12/20/2006 I requested my credit company(AMEX) to help me to cancel this contract and refund my money. They even changed my credit card account, but up to today royal holiday succsessfully charged my account. Unfortunatelly AMEX suggested that this company acting by law. Now when I found many responds of deceived by royal holiday club customers it will be easier to prove fraud action to my credit card, that it was lemon cotract and help me to take my money from thiefs. We have to fight to locked up this "robbery" club to get our freedom.

Matt52 Sep 12, 2009

While in Cancun we were invited to a 90 minunte timeshare speech. The salesman at Royal, tolk us that if we bought, he would help us rent our timeshare since they get conventions all the time. He assured us there were lots of people looking to rent weeks at Royal Holiday because of the proximity to the convention center.

Dumb enough, we believe him. Six months after, we were still waiting for this rental income. We called him several times asking him what was going on until he decided not to take our calls anymore. We searched the internet just to find out that everything we were told was a total lie. We found out that Ernesto Barberi is a scam artist ready to take advantage of anybody.

On the way back to the airport, we found an ad of a law firm specialized in timeshare matters. We contact them and they helped us cancel and recover our earnest money.

www.GonzalezGonzalezLawFirm.com, they will help you cancel. and get your monies back.

Resolved scam

This is a total scam and a rip off. You cannot get away from Royal Holiday Club sales people. We made the mistake of joining when we were on vacation in Mexico. Many maintenance fees have been paid for nothing. I hope something can be done about this organization.

• Wa
    Warjon Oct 29, 2010

Royal Holiday scammed me into buying the time share for five thousand dollars in th Bahamas. We have had it for 2 years and have been unable to use our points because they are always "Full". I am pissed. They just want to take your money. I dont believe they vn hav any hotls availabl bcaus no mattr how hard I try, I cant us my points or gt any hotl. How can it b possibl to try to book somthing 8 months in advanc and thy ar alrady full whn thr ar about 10 hotls in that ara with royal holiday?

• Su
    Susan68 Mar 20, 2017

been wary of timeshares, and for good reason, apparently. The upside is that the cost of staying in a hotel includes room service, cleaning, etc – things you don’t get during your stay in a timeshare. I can see how it could be considered an “investment in lifestyle, ” but that seems like a wasteful and silly way to spend my money. That’s just me. I highly recommend you to read these articles from Mexican Timeshare Solutions on how to get out of a timeshare scam

Resolved scam

Having read several of these complaints, I want to ad one more. We purchased "unlimited use" for a 30 year...

Resolved time share scam

E-mail sent to royal holiday:

"it is with a deep sense of regret that I have to pen this letter to you.
My husband and I were on vacation in the bahamas in march 2008. We were
Staying at breezes bahamas and were approached by a young man to visit
The wyndham to have lunch and to visit the casino. We were then told
About a great opportunity to join royal holiday and the benefits told
Were extremely generous but as we indicated to the sales rep, david
Sweating, we already had a time share with westgate in orlando.

He
Then indicated to us that they would sell our timeshare for us (Free of
Charge), thus making it easier to meet our payment with royal holiday.
He also offered us a mediterranean cruise which we could use for 10
People valued at us$900.00 per person. We then inquired from him if we
Were unable to go on a mediterranean cruise what would happen. He
Offered to convert it then to 45, 000 points which we were told covered
The same above and that we could use to go on any cruise for the same
Value.

Now we are trying to use our points to go on a caribbean cruise for 10 people as promised, we are being told the following:

We do not have the 45, 000 points to go on a cruise for 10 people. My
Husband spoke to yasmin at [protected] who pointed out an addendum
Clause to the contract (This document was signed in haste as they quickly put it in front of you as a matter of formality). This
States that only if we cash out the balance of $11, 772.20 within 30-90
Days of the contract date only then we would have received the 45, 000
Points. (What is the sense of this)

2. We spoke to someone at
The cruise department who said that you can only use 15, 000 points on a
Cruise at one time per annum. We could never have used all 45, 000
Points. (Another lie)

3. We are still paying our westgate
Timeshare without any word from royal holiday with regards to their
Sale of this. (Now we are paying 2 timeshares)

In light of the
Above and as per numerous reports we have gotten, we wish to
Dis-associate ourselves from your company. Please accept this letter
As your authorization to cancel this time share immediately. We have
Also instructed our bank to refuse all entries processed by your
Company as they are fraudulent. Additionally from further
Investigations made there are a lot of reports which confirms our
Claims that this seems to be the modus-operandi of royal holiday. As
Such we request a full refund of all monies paid to you.

We
Trust that this matter can be resolved amiably and our solicitors do
Not have to get involved. We look forward to your co-operation in this
Matter."

Above is an excerpt of an e-mail I sent to royal holiday. I have written to them on numerous occasions and no one has responded. I eventually
Went to their website and pasted the e-mail above. They eventually said someone would contact me regarding my complaint. No one did. On saturday 15th august 2009 a rep by the name of jennifer [protected] x 2630 continuously called my home leaving abusive messages and threatening me for not paying maintenance. Exactly what am I paying for. Giving away my hard earned money to some tricksters. They have lied to me promising me things they in no way was giving. I would like to know if their is any agency that this company can be reported to and if anyone has had any success with these people?

Resolved ripped off

While on vacation in Cancun in July of 2005 our family was solicited to attend a presentation given by Royal Holiday at RHC Hyatt Cancun. We were told several statements that were simply not true. We were subject to several misrepresentations that have been proven to be totally false.

1. We were told that all hotels would be equivalent to the Presidential Suite that we were shown or better & that the hotels would be 4 or 5 star hotels only. The choices of hotels to choose from we received did not contain the same quality brand or specifications offered us at our sales presentation.

2. We were told that unused points could be carried over indefinitely from year to year anytime they were not used. Within 48 hours we read in the booklet that this was not true so Roger went in to discuss with the sales person & was told that the rule book was wrong & out of date & did not apply now and that the rules have been changed & not to worry about what the book stated. Our points have not rolled over.

3. We were told that we would have matching points with the reputable RCI Company. Yet RCI charged us a yearly fee & the same trips were twice the number of points for the mostly 3 star locations. We made it clear to the salesperson at Royal Holiday at the presentation that we were not interested in staying in 3 star locations & would buy only if the hotels were 4 star or higher. The sales person stated that the hotels were 4 or 5 star hotels to choose from & that the book showing lesser quality hotels was in the process of being updated to include the deluxe hotels we were desiring to vacation. After hours & days of phone calls & internet correspondences attempting to resolve using RCI using Royal Holiday conversion points we attempted to book online and were unable to book anything online due to RCI points & Royal Holiday not matching as was stated to us in the presentation and Royal Holiday not releasing our points.

4. We were also told that if we attempted to use the product & it was not to our satisfaction that Royal Holiday would buy back what we purchased at full cost with no questions asked. This false statement was made to trick us & get us to take advantage of the revised price of the package at the time of the sale. They repeatedly reduced the price and offered more points to secure higher quality hotels that we did not qualify for nor were there locations that we were interested in vacationing.

5. The high pressure sales team made several promises that were not true. Given the truth about the product we would have never agreed to buy. When we requested our money back from Nancy D’Argence she would not return our emails or our phone calls.

6. We have not used this product as it is not what we agreed to purchase. Every year we attempt to resolve by contacting Royal Holiday & we are told more lies. Every 1st of the year we are threatened by Royal Holiday to ruin our credit if we do not pay maintenance fees for a product we will not & cannot use due to low standards of locations, number of points received, and lack of receipt for what were promised. Royal Holiday uses their company Concord Servicing Corporation to send us threatening correspondences & harass us with phone calls threatening to ruin our good credit if we do not pay maintenance fees yearly. Concord Servicing Corporation is Royal Holiday PO Box 150 Scottsdale, AZ 85252 at physical address of 4725 N. Scottsdale Road Suite 300 Scottsdale, AZ 85251 phone [protected].

We feel that a full refund of $25, 884.16 & $1, 800 in fees are justified since Royal Holiday made several false statements regarding what they were offering versus what we received & never used. We will never use this bogus company for travel yet are forced to pay yearly maintenance fees or threats are made against our credit. For 3 years we have paid yearly maintenance fees just to prevent Royal Holiday/Concord from destroying our credit. This is the first year that we have refused to pay these ridiculous maintenance fees & we have been harassed endlessly. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS BAIT & SWITCH. PLEASE REFUND OUR MONEY ASAP!

Resolved big scam

I am sitting right now to document everything that has happened to date with this company that made many promises and none of them are true.

Upon our arrival in Cancun April 10, when we got to the hotel, we were invited to attend a short 90 minutes presentation, the person who invited us begged to attend the presentation and finally we agreed.

So Sunday 12 at morning we told our children we would go attend this meeting, much to their disappointment as this is not what holiday time means to them. Our 90 min. presentation turned into 5 or so hours. We went from 1 person to the next, that day we had 5 people talk to us about this so-called one day ONLY opportunity of a lifetime. After 3 hours my children were asking to leave, so we were going to go as we had decided at this point it was not affordable for us at the moment ($30, 000). Then in comes the manager Brian, who tells us that he has even a better offer. It just so happened that he had a prior client who was upgrading and wanted to sell their membership. So Brian began to share how much better this offer was than the first one.

By this point, I wanted to go and get something to eat and I needed to go to the washroom. They were very concerned about us leaving at this point and followed both of us. When we returned, they continue to hound us about this great offer. So my husband asked if we could leave and take the information back to our room to read over and discuss. They said no. It had to be all completed first. They were relentless! We have never felt pressure like it and by this time my wife was saying she had a headache and would like it all to end. They assured us repeatedly that they were a very reputable business for the past 30 years and we could believe and trust them. They assured us that the all documentation is legal, because the government has said they had to.

We finally felt like we had no choice. So we agreed. When I asked about getting our deposit back should we change our minds and want to cancel he assured us that Royal Holiday is multi-million dollar company which would not worry about a �measly� $4500 US down payment and should we cancel there would be absolutely no problem having it all returned. When I questioned how long we had to cancel he told us 5 days. I asked starting from when, and he replied 5 days AFTER, the 90 days when our final down payment of $2000 US is applied to our Visa card in July 09. That is when our contract would begin with our first payment to start in Sept. /09.

Later that evening my wife and I both discussed how we still felt uncomfortable about our day and we shouldn�t have let them pressure us into signing documents without doing any research about this company. So the next day I went down to find Brian but he was nowhere to be found. I talked to another man and he told me I would be so happy with the club and not to worry so much as I am on holidays and should be enjoying myself.

We flew home Friday April17/09 and I checked my email; I found my first e-mail from Nancy of Royal Holiday. So I replied to her and asked how we could cancel as we had decided that we really were not comfortable about everything, she responded to my e-mail on Monday April 20 and informed us that cancelling was not an option at this point as we had 5 working days as stated in our contract. I couldn�t believe it.

I decided to go on-line and do some research about this company only to find time and time again that it was notorious for scamming people, giving people false information, and to avoid this company at all costs.

• Mo
    Moroni Aug 30, 2009

I am able to help you get out from your problem with Royal Holiday. Please write me at ###[email protected]

SariPa May 13, 2012

Royal Holiday is... how to explain.. again. Its about IFG...

SariPa May 13, 2012

... meaning IFG is scamming people using RHC name... something.

Resolved scammers

While we were on vacation in December 2008 (November 28th to December 5th) in
to visit the resort with the pretence that the resort was just rebuilt after the hurricane and
they wanted tourists to rediscover it. So we went.

we signed... The worst mistake ever.
Almost immediately that same night we started to have second thoughts but we decided
to sleep on it. Before leaving Cozumel, the day after, WE CALL THEIR HELP-DESK FROM THE AIRPORT AND TOLD THEM WE WANTED TO CANCEL. But they told us they could not do it yet because the contract had not been processed yet and was not in the system. They told us to call back when we were back home.

So the next Monday I called back and still the contract was not in the system. I sent them an
e-mail, as follows :
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jean-Pierre
Date: Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 3:28 PM
Subject: Membership cancelation
To: [protected]@royal-holiday.com
Hello, as I've stated on the phone I would like to cancel my membership with you. I know
my contract is still not on file but please notify me when it is so we can proceed with the
cancelation.
Member # 669254.
I tried calling again during that week and the week after and finally I did receive an email
requested it! I replied to the email and called the helpdesk and they told us that they can't
cancel our membership because we were passed the 5 days cool-off period!!!
except refinance. SO SHE GAVE US A REFINANCE OFFER WHICH WOULD HAVE COST US THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS MORE IN THE END (FOR LOWER MONTHLY PAYMENTS). We refused.

She then said that the only thing we could do was to resell our membership. AND WHEN
WE BOUGHT THE MEMBERSHIP I SPECIFICALLY ASKED IF IT WAS RESALABLE AND THEY TOLD US THAT THEY SOLD EASILY, QUICKLY AND FOR A PROFIT. So she gave our names to their sales department which in turn gave them to a broker in the States (Global Resort Services), which contacted us. I talked to the broker and they told us that we could get 29 000$US for our membership! Wow, we're even making a profit. We had to pay 600$US for the account and the publicity they would put out.

do more researches on the Internet and realized that there were a lot of people in the same
situation as I was and moreover the only information I GOT ON PEOPLE THAT HAD BEEN ABLE TO RESELL THEIR MEMBERSHIP WAS FOR ABOUT 10% OF THE PRICE!

On April I started writing my story on different websites specializing in scams and
fraud and copied Royal Holiday with the information. We received an email from Royal Holiday stating that they had received our complaint and it was forwarded to a supervisor.

I started from this moment to talk to Octavio on a regular basis and exchanging emails.
But although Mr. Robles was telling me day after days that he would be presenting my
case to the board of directors, I still haven’t had any news (I understand that the offices
were closed 3 business days due to the flu pandemic). And for the last 2 weeks I am not
able to reach Mr. Robles and he is not returning my calls.

With the years; you still have to pay for your food, which will go up; and finally you
Reserve based on a point-basis, so today with 30 000 points I can get 2 weeks, but in 2
years it could cost me 40 000 points. Plus they told us that we could easily resale our
membership for a profit, which is false. And finally they told us we had 5 days to cancel
but we got the turn-around with their helpdesk until it was too late.

Jean P.

Christian z Oct 01, 2013

I know a way to cancel those memberships in Mexico, if you still want to cancel contact me [email protected] regards!

Resolved rip off

These are the lies that Royal Holiday told my wife and I:

We were told that the Rent Sure program did not cost any money and we could easily transfer the points to pay for our annual maintenance fees. When we actually tried to do it, we were directed to a website that required us to pay more money. Why are we paying more money when Royal Holiday claimed that they will pay for the points?

We were also told that points can be saved from year to year. However, after receiving the operating rules months after we purchased our membership, we discovered that this is not true.

We were told that we can easily cancel our membership if we are not happy for the first year even though the contract said otherwise. The salesperson told us not to worry about the contract and said they would happily resell our membership because they will make an additional commission. However, since we have been having difficulty booking any kind of vacation, we requested a refund but Royal Holiday now denies it. We have also discovered it is illegal for them to issue a contract without allowing a 5 day 'cooling off' period.

Also, we were issued a $2, 000 certificate to pay for our plane tickets but Royal Holiday never sent the money to us even though we provided all the information they needed. We couldn't even use the additional points that were given to us when we purchased our membership.

Any legitimate company would have cancelled our contract and refunded our money when they heard our complaint. We were sold the membership based on lies. This company has to be exposed.

Here are two websites that will help anyone else that have been scammed by Royal Holiday.

• Mo
    Moroni Aug 30, 2009

I may be able to help you get out from your problem with Royal Holiday. Please write me at ###[email protected]

• Wi
    William E Nov 20, 2009

I can't believe Royal Holiday is still doing these things. Why can't someone shut them down so they don't scam anymore innocent people. I was also scammed by Royal Holiday when I was on vacation a few years ago. They lied to me and I lost thousands of dollars on something that was worth nothing. Luckily, I got help at www.timesharescam.com. Good luck!

Vijay

Resolved Fraud - no statement for annuity with timeshare as sold to us in 2004 and no repsonse from the company - maze of lies and misrepresentations - HELP.

Is their anything we can do against an International Company - Royal Holiday - Timeshare scam - granthix corp is managing the funds we were sold the promise of an annuity product and timeshare - Since 2004 we have not been contacted, nor have we received any statements regarding promised annuity with interest retrurns - HELP!!! They call for payments and increase fee's annually. Yesterday - they called me to request payment for late fee's that were waived due to poor mail service in my area.

The agents are rude and can not give you a straight answer!

No straight answer and no way to get out - HELP without taking the loss and messing up my great credit. What can I do - i am ready to band together and file a class action lawsuit becuse this practice is still happening and people are caught in the same situation - that initiallly sounded like a great opportunity with a good company, so we thought. HELP!!!

Do not purchase a timeshare many of them are scams...Especially, outside of the country - Mexico.

Please advise, or re-direct...

• So
    Sophie M Jan 17, 2014

I know how you feel, and it seems like this is a common problen in Mexico. I purchased a travel program through Sandos Playacar at Royal Elite Timeshare Resort in Playa del Carmen last March and I requested to cancel within the 5 day grace period but they still have not refunded my down payment of over $9000 US dollars. I have been in touch with people there and they say they are working the process but it takes time. It has now been almost 5 months and I am losing faith they will ever pay me back. This is another forum with more complaints about this company:

I believe we should do something about it, as I understand Mexican regulations forbid the offering of gifts, free vacation certificates or any other promotion strategies without informing the consumer the specific purpose of the offer. I want to complaint with PROFECO about this, and get my money back

Resolved illegal fraud

The short story: My wife and I purchased a 'vacation club' membership from Royal Holiday in Cancun on 5/16/09 with a down payment of $3, 800. We then cancelled the contract on 5/18/09. It says in the contract that we signed that we have 5 days to cancel for a full refund and we should expect the refund within 15 business days. It is also Mexican law that we have 5 days to cancel. To date, about 1 month later, we have recieved no payment, they say they don't have the cancellation document (we've emailed it twice and faxed it twice) and they told me that even if they had the cancellation document, it wouldn't matter. We are now in legal procedings with them to recover our money AND have them acknowledge our cancellation.

Roque Baca Chavez (a slightly longer story): My interaction with Roque was our first clue that we had been scammed. He called me to 'settle the complaint'. I informed him of everything mentioned above. He told me, "Even if you have a cancellation letter, how are we supposed to believe you? It means nothing." I told him that I have the letter, written on Royal Holiday letter-head, that I wrote it IN THE CANCUN SALES OFFICE, that is has the signature of the same Royal Holiday representative that signed our sales contract, and I even included the business card of the Sales Manager who was there for the entire process. Roque's response: "The person who signed your letter (Hector Mendez) is no longer with the company so the letter means nothing. Ryan Grover (the Sales Manager) told me he doesn't remember you, so how are we supposed to believe you?" I repeated all of the facts above to him. Furthermore, I emailed the cancellation letter (scanned copy with proof that we faxed it as well) to Roque and he never responded to our proof. He simply said "So then you are not going to settle this complaint". I responded with, "I would like to settle the complaint by recieving a full refund per your contract and Mexican law". His response, "OK, I will forward this item to our legal collections department".

Last, and certainly not least, Roque had the audacity to say to me "Shame on you for believing our sales people" amongst many other ridiculous comments that are too many to share.

Here is Roque's information: His email addresses are [protected]@aol.com and [protected]@reservationscancun.com. He has a seperate company (??) called Travel Services International on the website www.reservationscancun.com. My goal is very simple and two-fold: First, that the truthful statement above helps in my efforts to recover the money Roque and Royal Holiday fraudulently are keeping from us and, second, put Roque, those like him, and Royal Holiday out of business for good.

Anyone who has been scammed in the past by this company can email Roque and Royal Holiday... you can tell him that Scott Weaver sent you. Please help me in this effort. Best of luck!

UPDATE: I've started a new blog at royalholidayscams.blogspot.com. Visit it and share your story, provide and receive tips to fight RH, and help eachother to get our money back!!!

• Vf
    V. Fajardo Nov 07, 2009

EVERYBODY LISTEN!!

The thing to do is to simply STOP PAYING THESE CROOKS!!

Those people who have stopped paying fees are RIGHT! I intend to do the same thing. I hope and wish a class-action suit is began (I will GLADLY join!), but until then the best thing we can do is to just STOP giving them anymore of our hard-earned money!

Just think. In 30 years at about $400/year, that's another $12, 000 wasted!

After all. With today's economy, just about everyone's credit has a mark or two on it anyway!

• Wi
    William E Nov 20, 2009

I've also been a victim of Royal Holiday's lies. I tried to go to your blog, but it wasn't working. I would really like to tell the world about my story. What a nightmare they put me and my family through. I will never, ever, ever go to a timeshare presentation again in my life! What crooks. Luckily I was able to get some help to resolve my problems with them. Check out www.timesharescam.com. They helped me cancel my contract and get my money back. I hope you were able to get yours back already!

William

• Sk
    Skiholl45 Jan 13, 2010

I was in Tulum back in the late 90's. I stayed at a resort (forget the name) it was free (3 days) for sitting through a time share presentation. I paid my dues the first couple years and then they just fell off the earth. I talked with Roque last year as I was trying to use my time ( Never have...probably never will...) and was dissapointed with the follow through. Roque even seemed genuine and we talked on the phone...but alas I ended up planning my own trip without his help. I am going to Cancun next month...if anyone knows where his office is located please let me know as I would love to give him an earfull while there.

my email is [email protected]

Mark Feb 17, 2010

There is a new website up and running @ www.royalholidayscams.com ... please go there and post your story to let the world know about the fraudulent practices that Royal Holiday performs on a daily basis.

Resolved harrassing and a big scam

We paid our initital cost of $16, 000.00, paid it off, paid dues and then cancelled because we saw what a total and complete scam it was. They simply wouldn't let us cancel and kept billing us for dues even though we ever only used the service once within our initial time frame. We never could get accomodations when we needed them and they always added so many fees and charges that it was cheaper to book our own trip online not using the vacation club. They should have refunded our money but we just let it go. Now after several years they are trying to bill us for past dues and on top of that, they are harrassing myself and ex husband. They call me at work and threaten me and harrass me. I'm angry and I want them stopped. We are sick of it. I think a class action suit needs to be brought against them to stop them once and for all. I'd venture to say that thousands of people would join in.

• Te
    texas5707 Oct 13, 2009

We are victim too. we are recently fighting RHC payment because of they are adding annual membership fee, also, too expensive and not worth to continue as Jungbug mentioned above.we try to contact Cindy of the law firm, they wany $900 front fee to process the case, are they really helpful? we are afraid of that is another Mexican scam.
    Pleas email me [email protected] to tell us more.
    Thanks, Jason

• Gonzalez & Gonzalez Law Firm Oct 19, 2009

Dear Texas 5707,

I would like to contact you personally, my name is Jose Gonzalez and I am one of the partners of this lawfirm. It it our policy that we do not charge any monies upfront until we have delivered the results promised to you.

I believe that this is a misunderstanding also since we do not have any records of your email in our database.

If you or anybody would like to hire our services I would like to stress the fact that we work under a contingency basis only, meaning that ONLY IF WE CAN ACHIEVE THE RESULTS PROMISED, WE GET PAID. IF NOT, OUR SERVICE IS FREE.

Thank you for taking the time to read this comment.

Jose Gonzalez.

Martin25 Nov 08, 2009

Hi Junebug,
    We are victims of Royal Holiday too. We are going through the same situation. Please add us to your complaint list. Please advice. We are now trying to cancel our contract. We purchase about 9 yrs ago and just realized that by law we have a 5 day grace period. Our contract does not state that. It states we have "no reconsideration period". We felt we were stuck and just delt with it. We are tired of it. Can't get any accomodations as you mentioned. We no longer want to deal with this. We are fully paid as well but we are due for another yearly fee and don't want to continue paying for something we can't use.
    Please email me at [email protected]
    Thank you.

• Do
    Dom Shah Feb 17, 2010

The Royal Holiday membership is a Royal scam!

You can get better accomodaqtions almost any where for less than than the maintenance fee!

Then there are Special assessments too.

They serve cocktails at the sales presentations and trick you into signing a binding contract. These contracts should be treated as frauds, as an average layman is not aware of the legal ramifications!

Class action suit or US government action may be the only recourse to stop trapping unsuspecting travellers to Mexico.

I am in and I too have documentation to prove the unethical behavior of Royal Holiday.

• Si
    sick to my stomach Mar 08, 2010

I recently took a vacation to beautiful cancun and got scamed with RH in cancun. We put the $6, 000.00 only to find out that what they offered us isn't so. Tried to book a vacation for the spring of 2010, which was suppose to be entirely free for our whole family. They even threw in $1, 000 worth of airline vouchers! When I went to book it I was told that RH never offered us that at the presentation. And also, only to be told that the credits weren't enough to take our whole family in the future. We actually caught them in a lie on paper. And they still won't let us out of the contract. They told us we could just down grade to 5000 credits to get us out of the rest of the balance of debt. But would never be able to use the package for our family of seven. Just as long as they got the maintenance fee for the next 30 years! Which was also a lie, when we only did it for 15 years. I have been calling them, emails, letters and all I do is get the run around. And everytime you call them it is a different story with them or they don't know. I am persuing the Att. General Office for help. My credit card company was of no help

Resolved false representation

While we were on vacation in December 2008 (November 28th to December 5th) in Cozumel my wife and I were approached to visit a resort and get a free lunch in exchange to visit the resort with the pretense that the resort was just rebuilt after the huricane and they wanted tourists to rediscover it. So we went.

What we got there was a sale pitch for a "holiday membership" with which we could travel the world for the next 30 years with our travel cost fixed (not getting higher year after year). After three hours of talks where the offers seemed always better and better, we signed... The worst mistake ever.

We signed a contract for 30 years, for 30 000 points per year, for 25 0000$US of which we a downpayment using our credit card for 8 750$US, having to pay 450$US per month for the balance for the next 3 years.

Almost immediatly that same night we started to have second thoughts but we decided to sleep on it. Before leaving Cozumel, the day after, we call their help-desk from the airport and told them we wanted to cancel. But they told us they could not do it yet because the contract had not been processed yet and was not in the system. They told us to call back when we were back home.

So the next Monday I call back, and still the contract was not in the system. I tried calling again during that week and finally I did receive an e-mail on December 20th sending us our password to access the site, stating that we had requested it! I call the helpdesk and they told us that they can't cancel our membership because we were passed the 5 days cool-off period!!!

During the Christmas holidays we were not able to contact anyone and then in January someone in Finance (Nancy d'Argence) contacted us to welcome us to the club. I told her I wanted to cancel my membership but she told me she could not do anything for us except refinance. So she gave us a refinance offer which would have cost us thousands of dollars more in the end (for lower monthly payments). We refused.

She then said that the only thing we could do was to resell our membership. And when we bought the membership I specifically asked if it was resalable and they told us that they sold easily, quickly and for a profit. So she gave our names to their sales department which in turn gave them to a broker in the States (Global Resort Services), which contacted us. I talked to the broker and they told us that we could get 29 000$US for our membership! Wow, we're even making a profit. We had to pay 600$US for the account and the publicity they would put out.

I called the broker about once a month but nothing was happening. So in April I started to do more researchs on the Internet and realized that there were a lot of people in the same situation as I was and moreover the only information I got on people that had been able to resell their membership was for about 10% of the price!

So I'm now in communication with a law-firm in Mexico that specialize in this kind of rip-off (I can't tell their name yet because I still not on a retainer with them).

So this is was they promised us: fixed vacation cost (about 2 weeks) for the next 30 years.

This is the reality: you have to pay an annual fee (465$US now) that can and will go up with the years; you still have to pay for your food, which will go up; and finally you reserve based on a point-basis, so today with 30 000 points I can get 2 weeks, but in 2 years it could cost me 40 000$.

• 12
    12345678900000 Oct 07, 2009

I agree. The same exact scenerial happened to me.

I need a legit lawyer to help me out.

Thank you.

• Br
    BrianFrank Jan 14, 2011

I would like to know if it is worth contacting a lawyer in Mexico and the outcome. Please keep us all posted.
    Thanks
    DON'T GET SCAMED BY ROYAL HOLIDAY!!! NEVER SIGN UP WITH THEM!!! THEIR [censor]!!!

• Th
    ThomasR70 Oct 31, 2013

You know what they say: "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" My husband and I were scammed in Cancun with a Royal Elite Timeshare last August. They promise you everything and deliver NOTHING! We were sucked in by their promise to get us a balcony for an inside cabin rate. We do alot of cruising and thought-Wow this is really a great deal. However, it turned out to be more of a great rip off since everything they told us was a lie. Fortunately we only joined the club and NOT buy a timeshare. That was enough though. $2, 000 down t he drain. They gave us 4 of those worthless vouchers for Sandos resorts which are also worthless. That HSI exchange is suppose to sell the vouchers for you at at least $500 is also abunch of bull. Please don't fall for anything that has Royal Elite's name on it. I'm in the process of calling the BBB and seeing what they can do. Possibly the attorney General also!!! These are more complaints about this resort:

Resolved scammed

My wife and I recently took a wonderful vacation to Cancun, Mexico for our 2nd anniversary in March 2009. We, unfortunately, seem to have a tough time remembering how good it was because the whole trip is over-shadowed by a scam that we fell for. We were hounded ALL WEEK LONG to take 90 minutes to listen to a presentation, no strings attached. We resisted up until Friday, when they finally offered us a chance to go scuba diving, with them paying for it. We went, we listened, we were PRESSURED, we bought... We were scammed. After 4 hours of high pressure sales and 3 salesmen, we agreed to buy a membership that would allow us to take vacations for the next 30 years for a minimal price. All said and done, we would have to pay for our membership, and we could go on vacation to more than 190 destinations "For only the cost of air-fare- which is 50% off!" sounds good? LIES!!! When we returned to the US, we found that there are 10, 200, 000 hits on google for this company... NOT ONE OF THEM for anything GOOD! We started doing research... We have found that we can take vacations through them for only the "points earned through membership dues"... plus additional costs... plus a little extra... plus air faire (if you fly "Air Mexico (i think that was the airline ) to where ever we want to go) (did I mention we live in WISCONSIN not Mexico???) We have also found that we can book the same vacations that they offer, without their help, for the same price that it costs after you add in all of the extras. So, now the fun part: I have spent 2 days on the phone with them, trying to cancel the contract... They refuse to let us out of it. They have already threatened to send us to collections... (It is only April) We haven't received a bill, nor is there anything due until JULY! Oh yeah, and somehow, I am a liar... I'm not sure how I lied to them... but I appreciate being insulted by a company that wants MY MONEY!!!

• Bo
    Bob Murray got scammed RH Apr 21, 2009

My wife and I went to Pto.Vallarta and decided to buy a timeshare at Royal Holliday Resorts; the sales man offered us that they were going to help us to sale another timeshare we own (Polo Towers Las Vegas) and with that money we could pay theirs; the total purchase price was $39000 usd and they supose to sale the one in Las Vegas for $24000; then it means I had to pay them the difference up front ($15000) and then in 90 days I would recive a check on my name of $24000 to pay the balance.
    It never happened so my wife called them several times and they said they were still trying to sale it. I was very tyred for this situation so we were looking for some help with lawers and found a lawyer that helped us to recover our money and our good credit. They are www.gonzalezgonzalezlawfirm.com highly recommended; they are real pros and work fast.

Resolved fraud/misrepresentation

My name is Watawa Barosy-Rogers, my husband and I bought a 30 years Gold Membership with Royal Holiday in July 28, 2007 while vacationing in Cancun Mexico for a total of $22, 895.00. whe n we pusrchased the mem-bership, my husband and I had a lenghty discussion with Sale Director Mr. Ernesto Kruse, on how to terminate the contract with Royal Holidy in case we longer want it or can't offord to pay for the contract and Mr. Kruse had assured my husband and myself it would not be a pro-blem to terminates the contract with Royal Holiday, all we had to do is to contact Royal Holiday and a member service consultants would be able to assist us solved the problem. Since we bought the membership we have made a total payments of $17, 056.20 excluding two annual membership fees in the amount of $1, 350.00 and another additional $240.00 Special Assessment fee increas. Due to the economy my husband and I encountered some financial hardship with our finances at the end of 2008. We had contacted Royal Holiday over and over, spoke too so many member service consultants and to availed every single one of them told us that they can't help us we, and we have finish paying the contrcat because they don't cancelled membership or refund on what was paid. So Please if any member of your office staff can help my husband and I resolved this problem we would appreciate it very much.
We can be contacted via e-mail [protected]@msn.com or via phone [protected]

Sincerely yours,

Mr. & Mrs Rogers.

• Jp
    JP Waisfeld Mar 04, 2010

My family and I were scammed by Royal Holidays at their Punta Cana site.

We went there to enjoy our well earned vacation. All we wanted was to rest at the beach and spend time with the kids.

Unfortunately we were conned by the Royal Holiday timeshare scheme into spending listening to the pitch. The original 30 min "meeting" turned into 90 minutes. Countless drinks later the managed to get a deposit out of me. The next day I asked for a refund and since no contract was sign they agreed to do so in writing. Three month later I am still waiting.

• Jp
    JP Waisfeld Mar 04, 2010

Resolved misrepresentation, lies and bad attitudes

My partner and I had already subscribed to Royal Holidays in the Bahamas when we went on vacation in Cancun Mexico the following year.

We tried tirelessly to convince the sales reps that we were not interested in upgrading our membership but I guess thats when all the lies began! We were promised, amongst other things, that an upgrade would allow us to use our additional credits to access all-inclusive options when booking accommodation. We were also told that we have the option of cancelling at any time. So we purchased additional credits to upgrade to Platinum Membership.

Lo and behold, when trying to book our accommodation and requesting the use of our credits to pay for food, we were told by the New Members sales rep. that we did not have this option and that we must now pay additional cash.

Further, on inquiring as to the possibility of cancelling our membership, I had to put up with the rather defensive attitude of the supervisor of the New Members department who, in true Royal Holiday style, proceeded to spew more tripe as to what additional features that they planned to offer for the next year (i.e. the same credits-for-food option that we had been told already existed) and that they were not in the business of scamming people - and I heard all of this by simply asking him about the possibility of cancellation. Nothing more! So I suppose that he was also trying to convince himself that he was not a part of that scam - conscience can be a b#@$% sometimes.

Of course, as all Royal Holiday members now know - we have no option of cancellation!

And making a reservation with Royal Holidays seems to be the most painful part of all of this. The sales reps are untrained and rude and seem to master the art of not returning phone calls.

Well, we have already bought into this hot mess and so we decided to make the best of it. We would book our vacations (if we could get past the anguish that this usually involves) and make it our business to tell all those people at the hotels who were lured by Royal Holidays on cheap vacations to solicit their membership that RH might as well stand for Real Hogwash!

• Ca
    carnivoro Aug 09, 2011

hi my name its michael n im planning to be part of RH so it this keeps happening to u guys or not.. the miss leading of they getting better on custumer services? the rooms thatthey offer are good or its not what they say they are?
    my mail: [email protected]

Resolved breach of contract

My husband and I purchased a timeshare and ended up with absolutely no vacation last July. We flew down anyway to speak with the boss of the person who was supposed to be our "personal consierge" only to be promised more and yet here I sit typing. Apparently they will say anything they can to get you on your way but totally ignore you after that. We have 2 other timeshares and have no issues whatsoever. I am taking this all the way to the top of thier ladder, I won't stop until they buy it back. Anyone have any tips?

Martha Corredor M. Mar 05, 2009

just review your caomplaint, I really hope you did not pay in cash, hope you took the monthly payments, and also hope you have most of the complaints in written.Why? because I can help you to cancel this deal and further more to get you back most of the money you invested in this company.Sorry, my name is Rocìo, I´m in Mexico City work for a law firm, and belive me I had cancell more than a 100 membership from Royal Holiday.I know all the differents contracts, the rules and regulation and all the programs they sale, so if you interested please contact me.In whithin 2 months you´ll get rid of this nigthmar
    Have an excellent week end
    [email protected]

misrepresentation

This letter is to summarize the misrepresentations of material facts that occurred during the contact signing, between myself and Royal Holiday. These misrepresentations and damages remain regardless of my earlier attempts communicate and have your company correct them.

Your recent letter and billings both reminded me and prompted to perform further investigation of the misrepresentation or Royal Holiday and damages inflicted upon me a a result.

On [protected], I entered into an Contract for Services with Royal Holliday, based upon but not limited to the following written promises:

1) 25, 000 points per year for 30 years or 750, 000 total points.
2) Annuity retuning 100% of the cost of the membership at the end of the term
3) 15, 000 pts for oasis
4) 5 weeks in Europe - $199 per week
5) 1 week in Hawaii
6) 1 week in Tahiti
7) Airfare Voucher - $3000
8) The points could be accelerated or accumulated, transferred or rented or sold back at the purchase price.
9) I could put my account on hold at anytime if cash flow was bad and they would role over the missed payments

Of the topical list above I did not receive the following items, as promised in writing at the time of contracting Royal Holiday:

1) Annuity retuning 100% of the cost of the membership at the end of the term
2) 15, 000 pts for Oasis
3) 5 weeks in Europe - $199 per week
4) 1 week in Hawaii
5) 1 week in Tahiti
6) The points could be accelerated or accumulated, transferred or rented or sold back at the purchase price.
7) I could put my account on hold at anytime if cash flow was bad and they would role over the missed payments

Royal Holiday – Page 2 of 2

I attempted multiple times to communicate with the Royal Holiday employees from my contract signing: Ernesto Barberi and Arturo Martinez, but I was never able to get them to respond to my call or letters. I have recorded all the evidence of these attempted communications.

As you can see the misrepresentation described in this letter they were both material and multiple in occurrence.

Now my credit has been damaged by Concord Servicing Group

Yours truly,

Pascal

[protected]@pmax.org

• Th
    The Jacobs Apr 22, 2010

Pascal;

We feel we have been the victim of a fraud, we have contacted everyone at this company ask for our money back.

No one has been able to help us, it seems they forget everything, we got the names of the sales people and with all the guys we spoke, each item we've discussed.

My husband and I purchased a timeshare with Royal Holiday on 2/28/07. We were pressured into buying and realized after we left what a terrible decision we had made. I searched through all of the paperwork given to us looking for any type of info on a cancellation period with no luck but we kept trying to cancel!

We are so very angry, feel like we have been knowingly deceived.
    We did not pay the down payment in full and all paperwork says that the down payment was received...
    Is this contract legit if the down payment was not complete??????????

Can We get a refund? We want to make them pay for what they've done to us!!!

We are rying to compile all the information and expose them to all the medias!

Sarah & Martin Jacobs