Royal Holiday / every promise made at the sales presentation proved to be false!

I signed a Royal Holiday contract on January 31, 2006. Literally, every promise made to me at the sales presentation proved to be false. This included: them selling my current time share to purchase the Royal Holiday plan; rental of Royal Holiday credits (they promised $1000 for every 5000 credits); 5000 credits would get me a one-bedroom unit for a week at any of the resorts in their directories or any exchange company they worked with; and other issues. I have been fighting with them non-stop since March. That is when a New Member Services representative called me (2 months after the contract was created) and revealed that everything was a lie! Reaching Royal Holiday by phone is a joke (unless you enjoy spending hours on hold and getting the run-around when you actually do speak to someone) and emails are only responded to when they want to speak with you about something. I have reported them to the Better Business Bureau, but have not made any progress. My investment is only my down payment and closing costs (totalling a little over $2000), but it is the principal that matters. This is fraud, plain and simple, and others have lost far greater investments because of it. Please let me know if anyone has had success resolving their disputes with Royal Holiday and getting their money back. I'm sure everyone could benefit from your advice! Good luck to all the current victims, and beware to all the potential victims!

A  5th of May, 2007 by
I had a similiar experience at Park Royal in Cozumel. Shown beautiful suites I could reserve and use for my family only paying a small all inclusive meal and drink charge per day for five years as a "Founding Member." That was a perk that was one of the incentives given above and beyond the normal program. I have a certificate for $1,000. to be reimbursed for air travel, another $1,000. for diving. Fernando told us he would rent a private boat and dive master for our next trip. We were also give many free things during our trip. My husband had five diving trips, we had a free rental car, free tours, and VIP service. All that made us believe it was legitimate. When we got home I immediately tried to book a return trip for August, and was told there was nothing available there at that time. I went to an online travel site, Orbiz, and put in the dates, and there was availability. I called back and asked about this, and was told they sell rooms to Orbiz. I tried two other online sites, BookIt, and Expedia. They also had the dates. I figured that paying customers get priority to members, and they black us out unless no paying customers are available. I put -Royal Holiday complaints-in Yahoo search and found literally hundreds of members with problems with this company. Thanks for the information on these sites. I immediately started the process with PROFECO. I filed with everyone else too. At first Bank of America Visa turned down my fraud claim, but I am appealing this, and protesting their refusal to help. I am sure from all the reports and claims turned into these card companies they KNOW about this. We need legislation making them accountable. They are making money by doing business with con artists. I am faithful that I will get all of my money back, and I will join the commitment to put these people out of business.
N  12th of Dec, 2007 by
We also are trying to get rid of a membership with Royal Holiday. We understand all of your frustrations and would like any advice you can pass back to us to help us get RH off our backs. They are scammers and cheats. Hoping that all of the comments made on here will prevent others from getting taken in by them. G and L McSparen.

Royal Holiday Vacation Club Logo Royal Holiday Vacation Club