Royal Bank of Scotland / Terrible experience

1 36 Lake RoadWimbledon sw19 7ex, United Kingdom Review updated:

I recently purchased my soya cafe lattes from Startbucks in central London and have been disappointed with both the service and the product. The drinks were not as warm as I hoped and asked for, also, the mugs were quite filthy around the rims.

Comments

• Co
      8th of Sep, 2008

3 weeks before I went abroad I requested a debit card from the RBS that would allow ME to book bus and plane tickets and pay for hostels and some hotels overseas (Canada, U.S.A). In nearly all cases, I've found that these places WON'T accept my Maestro debit card. The places that might accept this card seem to be very few and far between.
    On the basis of my clear instructions to the RBS they should not, in my opinion, have issued me with this type of card knowing full well that it wouldn't allow me to use it as I want to.
    Now I find that I can only use it as an ATM card and have to not only incur RBS bank charges but also 'local' bank charges.
    The RBS say that they issued the card in good faith and say their research shows that it works and accept NO responsibility in this matter. Any comments/advice, please?

• Ir
      15th of Jun, 2009

You can send a letter to the RBS Country Manager (This could be easily found through Google search) referencing the above letter. He should look into it or most probably forward it to their "Service Quality Unit" who might call you to resolve the matter. Hope this help...

• Ir
      13th of Jul, 2009

Dear Sir/Madam it is with much frustration and total disgust at the charges on my account, i have been off work with stress for seven months and now i am returning to work 3rd of august.
    I would like to asked why the high charges as it makes it very difficult to pay back and it creates more stress to all customers,

why could i not have a overdraft for two weeks to get over the charges and pay direct debits as you can see i have cancelled all my direct debit

This is not a way to keep customers, a more updated bank is needed to be for customers to depend on and a much needed people bank.

This has just shown that RBS is not that.
    I would like my account look at and some sort of help and canclled some charges, or a increased overdraft to carry me through the next three months.

I will await your reply thank you for reading regards irene

• Da
      17th of Sep, 2009

I had similar problems. When they raised the rate on me, I paid the card off in full and closed the account after speaking with their cusomer service (service? that's a laugh). A month later received another bill for interest on a paid off account. I called back again spoke with Matthew (C020205) and his boss Omar (c0202118) with no help and rude. I asked what I owed today and what would happen if I over paid as not to have that happen again. Omar said "they would write off the samll overage". I asked him to send me that in writing and asked at what amount would not be "Written off". He could not answer.

I over paid on line so I will maintain a positive Balance to have them send statements on and so I can continue to call their Customer Service. If disatisfied customers would do this, we can eat up some of their overpriced service profits and tie up their customer service (manpower = $). Spread the word.

• Je
      24th of Dec, 2009

These Royal Bank Of Scotland are big cheats, they stabbed me behind my back and did not pay me my money back, they freezed my account and told me that it was a national issure. The case Number is 08CECG02120AMS, scam they just do scams and take out money from poor people.

Thanks,