Royal Bank Of Scotland [RBS] Logo

Royal Bank Of Scotland [RBS]

Having problems with Royal Bank Of Scotland [RBS]?

+44 131 556 8555 (General Switchboard)
+44 800 011 3312 (United Kingdom)
+44 131 339 7609 (International)
+44 126 850 0813 (Lost & Stolen, Scotland)
+44 118 373 2674 (Lost & Stolen, England & Wales)
+44 131 549 8888 (Personal Customers, Scotland)
+44 131 242 0017 (Personal Customers, England and Wales)
+44 126 850 8018 (Personal Credit Card)
+44 370 154 1234 (Business Credit Card)
+44 345 300 8460 (BusinessOne Customers)
+44 800 056 3220 (General Mortgage Queries)
+44 121 629 0739 (Existing Mortgage Queries)
+44 800 148 8331 (Personal Loans)
+44 345 030 3216 (Existing Loans)
+44 118 373 2181 (Business Telephone Banking, Scotland)
+44 131 242 0091 (Business Telephone Banking, England and Wales)
+44 345 724 2424 (Customers without Premier Banking Managers)
+44 131 278 3507 (Customers with Premier Banking Managers)
+44 239 266 6062 (Silver Accounts)
+44 239 266 8827 (Platinum Accounts)
+44 239 266 8814 (Black Accounts)
36 St Andrew Square
Edinburgh, Scotland, Lothian
United Kingdom - EH22YB

Complaints & Reviews

LIFE THREATNING

I would like to comment on the behaviour and dealing of this international bank name RBS. Which claims to be...

CHARGES

We have a credit card with this company under the Kroger 1 2 3 program. After they added the interest last...

Poor level of Customer care

Hi there
I am forced to write this compaint with a hope to get some support from the central compaint cell; please have a look at the history and issues;

1) I joined one top line FMCG in Dubai back in 2006 - and as a happy account holder of ABN Amro Pakistan preferred only ABN AMro UAE for my salary transfer;

2) I open one master and one Visa Card - on which due transactions and payments were made

3) The level of service started becoming terrible as I had to wait for the statements, fax etc for long time and un attended

4) I finally opted for HSBC once I moved into the new Job back in 2007.

5) Since then almost two times people contacted me to offer smart cash loans and I took and paid as well

6) There was no follow up why am I not banking with ABN any more; though still usuing the credit cards and smart cash

7) For last many months the balance of my cards were not coming down and to mention you here the cards were not used for atleast a year coz they were expired.

8) Finally I called and asked them that I would like to settle the cards in full- They informed me over the phone one amount which I paid in full on the 10th of October

9) Today I asked the customer service and they again asked for extra 235 AED, to be paid and for the the Manager will call me back after 24 HOURS!!! he is not willing me to speak to the manager...A customer cannot speak to a complaint Manager if he is not satisfied with the phone banking executive - Mr.Sandeep

10) He also now informed me that as i Have not closed my Salary account so automatically the bank transfer the account on personal and start charging me 100 AED per month and have accumulated AED 2000/=

11) No Letter, phone call, show cause, information etc were made to myself for this effect - Why? the answer is that this is Bank policy and I should be aware...they are not liable to inform me???

Please accept my humble compaint..after paying all this years on my credit cards - and settling down in one shot...RBS is now asking for current account charges.

I may please seek your assistance to help me with this. I hope some one will consider one day why a customer moved to HSBC as a "status" account holder with huge facilities and customer service - I used to enjoy the same with ABN AMRO Pakistan, however, here in UAE - as a customer who has paid all cannot reach to teh Manager.

Looking forward for your help.

Syed Mohammad Wajih Uddin
Mobile: [protected] (registered with the bank for all details)
[protected]@hotmail.com

• La
    laila1985 Dec 09, 2009

RBS here in uae is the worst bank! Is this what you called customer service? I have unpaid credit due for only 300 dhs. and they already have charged me with late payment fee but these unpolite an rude staff of rbs are threatening me and saying all these hash words about me. I have an overdue amount bu that doesnt mean that they have to degrade a person!!! I wish the UAE government will try to look on this rude behaviour of this bank.

These dubai collection staff of RBS are the worst. The more people will not avail of their services.people are spreading the words now on how rude they are.

Laila

• Do
    DON WANNA Mar 04, 2010

LAILA I 100% AGREE WITH IT. BUT PLS UNDERSTAND THESE CALLING PEOPLE ARE FROM A COLLECTION AGENT .
    THEY ARE ENTITLED FOR A COMMISSION OF HARRASSING AND GET THE PAYMENT. BUT ONE THING IS SURE, THAT IF WE ARE IN A DIFFICULTY TO RE PAY THE MONEY EVEN ANY PERSON OR GOVT WILL GIVE US TIME TO RECTIFY IT.DON'T ATTEND SUCH STUPID'S CALLS FOR YOUR LIFE TO GET MISSREBLE.

• Ua
    uae-2010 Mar 07, 2010

I totally agree with you. These stupids from collections agency, who frustrated job losers .

• Ua
    uae-2010 Mar 07, 2010

THEY ARE EATING FLUSH OF PEOPLE LET TIME GIVE GOOD REWARD TO THEM AND THEIR FAMILY

• Ka
    KAKA KAKA Mar 25, 2010

All the payment should be made on time to avoid these calls. I have been using a credit card from a bank in UAE since 2005 but i have never received any call from collection or recovery department as i never miss my payments.
    I first pay my credit card bills and then buy the grocery.
    All of us should learn this, either not take a card from any bank or pay on time.

• Pa
    palm Apr 06, 2010

I 100% agree to laila. I am also one of a victim who was badly abused and blackmailed in the home country Only for 21o Dhs. What A SHAME. They have hired people who do not have any manners and behave like animals on the phone.
    I never had any problem with any bank and never heard of any customer services dept like this. SOME ONE MUST PROPERLY TRAIN THE RBS STAFF OR CLOSE THEIR SERVICES.
    @ kaka its your good luck that you are paid by your company on time. Unfortunately my company doesn't may me for 3 months sometimes...and the bank make our life worst.

Poor Customer Service and Poor Business Practices

These people will do anything to squeeze a penny out of you. After never being late, and returning from a long vacation, they raised my rate after customer service said they would not. I even made two payments well above minimum that month that I was a couple days late.

I over paid on line so I will maintain a positive Balance to have them send statements on and so I can continue to call their Customer Service. If disatisfied customers would do this, we can eat up some of their overpriced service profits and tie up their customer service (manpower = $). Spread the word.

Harassment of Collections Dept.

I have a 1 payment delay on my loan with RBS bank UAE (ABN AMRO) and the collections dept. people are calling...

RBS MasterCard is a Ripoff (RBS Sucks)

RBS Mastercard Sucks. RBS Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) credit card is by far the worst credit card company I've ever dealt with. I am referring to the RBS MasterCard. They advertised a promotion with 0% balance transfer. When I finally got the card the rate was about 19%. They refused to honor their advertised promotion. I paid off the card and stuck it in a drawer. Today I received a nasty-gram I owe them over $60.00.. I found out they charged me $20 for Late Fee Protection in December and $42 for late fees and finance charges, and reduced my credit limit to $250.00.. On the phone they refused to remove the charges. So I just closed the account. I will file a Better Business Bureau complaint by internet through the Bridgeport CT office, which will be followed by a local small claims court lawsuit, which I will win by default because they won't show. Bottom line RBS MasterCard SUCKS!

• St
    stevebeec Jun 26, 2009

Here is yet another sorry tale of poor customer service from RBS

Darron Sep 17, 2009

I had similar problems. When they raised the rate on me, I paid the card off in full and closed the account after speaking with their cusomer service (service? that's a laugh). A month later received another bill for interest on a paid off account. I called back again spoke with Matthew (C020205) and his boss Omar (c0202118) with no help and rude. I asked what I owed today and what would happen if I over paid as not to have that happen again. Omar said "they would write off the samll overage". I asked him to send me that in writing and asked at what amount would not be "Written off". He could not answer.

jayendra vaghela Oct 01, 2009

This mail comes your way with great sorrow and insult in my heart.

I received a call from your bank yesterday at around 2:10pm, from 042067208 (Dubai Number). Your sales executive called me to offer me a credit card from your bank. She spoke very kindly in the beginning of the call. Then she came to the point where she asked me my salary. The moment i mentioned my salary SHE JUST HUNGUP!!! What is the meaning of that? Does your bank train your executives to insult people who are not eligible for your credit cards? Well i may not be eligible at the moment but i am sure to grow in my career graph and earn much more and i am headed that way already. But i will make sure that i dont take a card from your bank. Thanks to your sales executives special treatment that i received yesterday.

Will i receive an explanation and an apology for this or will this email be ignored?

Dawoud Esa Bismillah Jan 24, 2010

Jet Airways sucks, Jet Airways is a racist airline, Jet Airways is an airline Bigot!

Jet Airways is one of the racist airlines in the world.
    I was delayed for 3 hours, even when I was early. And after the delay, guess what? They said that they needed to be furnished with supporting documents. Supporting documents that no other passengers have to provide, but myself. Then even when those so-called "supporting documents" are produced and showed to them, they refused to give me my boarding pass, based on the bag I was carrying (I was not using one of those "trolley bags" that people generally bring for holidays). Based on this they thought that I'm some kind of poor chap trying to stray off to another country. That was what they said. This is discrimination!

Furthermore, they vigorously denied me the boarding pass, only after I have confronted them with the fact that I have a beard, therefore a muslim. This is again discrimination!
    It's not that the proof was not there. It was there. I showed them. But they denied. I can only think that this is obviously a biased attitude, based on pure discrimination, not facts. They won't even accept tangible proof.

I as a muslim, am disgusted by these unfair treatment based on my religious belief.
    Truly Jet Airways ought to be ashamed of their racism, and religious discrimination.

NOW WHERE IS MY REFUND!

I got an offer letter for System Administrator

I got an Job offer letter from the IP address 65.55.34.219. I thought this letter is not genuine. Dear...

Unauthorized billing

For those who forget to write and get a payment mailed in time, why is it that I can not find a RBS branch so that I do not to incur a late charge? It is a shame that I have a $60.00 bill that will not make it to the post location in time and will be late to incur a $30.00 dollar penalty. Is there a RBS branch location where one can make a payment so late payments will not be penalize? This is New York City, the world largest financial location in the world and one is still at a loss.

recived ofeer letter is ture or fake

i had applied for the online job for ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND and they told that to send my detail i had farwarded them after some days after they had send me employment offer letter and even they did not conduted my intreview and even they did not ask me for my certificates of xerox and they just had offered me a employeement letter and they asked to sing the doucment and send it back to thir e-mail .after that i had that documents with 8 hours they had replied me to my email and they send me emplyment visa and asked to fill it and send it back and they are offering hing salary of 10500 pounds and they are asking about 710 pounds for employment visa. can u cofirm me is it fake or legal iam not able to understand it plz send me u advice to my email id and my email id is [protected]@yahoo.co.in

• Tr
    tricia Dec 18, 2008

even myself am received the employment offer from royal banks of scotland. an i have signed the document after scaned back they send me the visa application form from royal immigration but i asked them that royal banks told me that they can prossec visa and work permit so why they want me to pay 750 pounds? from that am so worried and i will tell them am not ready to pay that money.

saima Mar 02, 2009

HELLO!
    I have received a e-mail from Royal Bank of scothland uk .a lottery company office athourized the bank for giving me winning funds.can i know what kind of lottery company is this?is it fraud or fake ? do i have pay any dues for getting this funds? repply me soon i am confused ...
    Best Regard

NormanF May 02, 2009

Some people are really stupid! You NEVER pay to get a job! The company pays you and they will make it back when you work for them. A sure sign its a scam is when you are charged "processing fees". And would you really want to work for people who may be running a criminal enterprise? Rule of thumb: throw all such "offers" in the trash!

loan fees

Hello, Thank you for reading this email. I am involved in a ‘Non collateral loan’ with a group...

They offerd me share in the fund of 4.6millions

As per the details they dont have any website "mathewson george"...

Terrible experience

I recently purchased my soya cafe lattes from Startbucks in central London and have been disappointed with both the service and the product. The drinks were not as warm as I hoped and asked for, also, the mugs were quite filthy around the rims.

• Co
    Colin Barker Sep 08, 2008

3 weeks before I went abroad I requested a debit card from the RBS that would allow ME to book bus and plane tickets and pay for hostels and some hotels overseas (Canada, U.S.A). In nearly all cases, I've found that these places WON'T accept my Maestro debit card. The places that might accept this card seem to be very few and far between.
    On the basis of my clear instructions to the RBS they should not, in my opinion, have issued me with this type of card knowing full well that it wouldn't allow me to use it as I want to.
    Now I find that I can only use it as an ATM card and have to not only incur RBS bank charges but also 'local' bank charges.
    The RBS say that they issued the card in good faith and say their research shows that it works and accept NO responsibility in this matter. Any comments/advice, please?

• Ir
    Iron Palm Jun 15, 2009

You can send a letter to the RBS Country Manager (This could be easily found through Google search) referencing the above letter. He should look into it or most probably forward it to their "Service Quality Unit" who might call you to resolve the matter. Hope this help...

• Ir
    irene mary robson Jul 13, 2009

Dear Sir/Madam it is with much frustration and total disgust at the charges on my account, i have been off work with stress for seven months and now i am returning to work 3rd of august.
    I would like to asked why the high charges as it makes it very difficult to pay back and it creates more stress to all customers,

why could i not have a overdraft for two weeks to get over the charges and pay direct debits as you can see i have cancelled all my direct debit

This is not a way to keep customers, a more updated bank is needed to be for customers to depend on and a much needed people bank.

This has just shown that RBS is not that.
    I would like my account look at and some sort of help and canclled some charges, or a increased overdraft to carry me through the next three months.

I will await your reply thank you for reading regards irene

Darron Sep 17, 2009

• Je
    jennifer911 Dec 24, 2009

These Royal Bank Of Scotland are big cheats, they stabbed me behind my back and did not pay me my money back, they freezed my account and told me that it was a national issure. The case Number is 08CECG02120AMS, scam they just do scams and take out money from poor people.

Thanks,
    Tom

Kroger is worse than Juniper!

I just opened a Juniper account and now find all the complaints here... scary. But "RBS Credit Card...

Avoid this company at all costs!

For a number of years, I have had an RBS CashBack Platinum Mastercard which I kept in good standing. In December, my statement did not arrive and I missed the payment.

I received a call from the company a week after the due date. I explained the situation and made an electronic payment immediately. With my next bill, I saw that my entire balance, previously at a 5.99% promotional rate, had jumped to a 26.24% rate!! Unlike other companies I have dealt with over the years, several calls to explain the situation and work with the company did nothing. When I expressed my desire to close my account, I was informed that if I did so before the balance was paid in full, the rate would go 2 points higher!! Avoid this company at all costs. They are looking for a chance to play "bait and switch" regardless of your credit rating or history with them.

• Db
    D B Mar 04, 2007

The exact same thing happened to me. I agree ~avoid this bank at all costs. They are ridiculous and need to be investigated. How all the sudden do they have the wrong address and your statement is returned to them they still charge you a late fee. What a rip off. They also double dipped my checking account which was when I cancelled the card all together and was just making payments when all the sudden they have the wrong address? Or so they say. They were just looking for a way to raise the interest. Duh like I wasn't going to notice.

• Ni
    Nic Braithwaite Apr 04, 2007

RBS Head office phone number in UK is 44 131 556 8555

I summarize: Sir fred Goodwin's Bank

Bad service & couldn't care less for the customer, the higher in the organization you go the worse it gets.

In my experiance the RBS is a bank to avoid as are HBOS, in fact avoid any bank or service linked to Scotland. As far as honesty in financial services is concerned Scotland is the "east/west Africa" of the UK. Beware their brand of financial exports, they bite.

Nic Braithwaite

Martha Hopkins Jun 23, 2007

I am having a bad experience with RBS, too. I set up an automatic payment through my bank and the payments went in like clockwork on the 15th of each month. My payments were due the 18th.

Then RBS moved the date up 4 days so that my June 2007 payment arrived one day late by their calculations. They charged a $39 late fee.

When I called to complain, I was told that the payment date was variable and that they could not drop the late fee. I asked for a supervisor (Omar), who lectured me like I was a naughty child about how the bank sent me a statement and if I did not look at the statement date, that was not the bank's fault. He was pompous and cold, no customer service attitude at all.

I am writing a complaint to RBS and also sending it to my congressman and other govt. agencies. This is just the kind of predatory credit card policy that Congress has been investigating.

Martha Hopkins Jun 23, 2007

P.S. I fully expect the next step is for RBS to raise my promotional interest rate because of the late payment. I agree with others who complained here that they were looking for a way to raise my rate. I will report back what happens.

Maria J Aug 26, 2007

I disagree. I have nothing but positive things to say about RBS. I have been with them for a number of years and I have never had any problems. They give me new promo offers all the time and I love their card more than any other card. Maybe it's just that you guys are making late payments and there would be a penalty of course. We are borrowing their money and they do have the right to do what their doing for not receiving their payments

james Mar 06, 2009

Well the man speaks the absolute truth. I had a perfect on time payment record, it did not make a difference. I wrote and explained it must have been I didn't complete the payment, getting old. I know i went on line because i tear up the bills when i pay. RBS's web site won't allow auto pay registration tied to the bank account, I never knew auto pay existed, so i got a missed payment and my 3.99 went to 19.99%
    I have never known any other credit card company which would not give a one time break. I closed the account, but that changes the credit score negative, because the available for use credit is lowered and the in use credit proportion is raised. I managed to get them to reopen it.
    If i ever do a transfer to RBS again, i won't miss another!!!
    But I really believe it to be their design to find or even claim ways to say they did not get the payment on time.
    We are not of any customer value to RBS and their reps really make you feel it also.
    I got one rep who actually snickered as i was telling my story and what i had sensed was a lack of being a good customer was with her.
    We do not mean craaap to them, as workers who pay the bills, taxes...they want more out of our pay check, RBS ranks high on the avoiding list if you will...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices