Ross / How to get heard at Ross

The first thing is to calm down. The more you rant, the less inclined the employee will be to help you. The more you rant, the more they want to just shut you up and get you to move on.

Ask for the district manager. There are other managers in the store, but they're mostly troubleshooters. If he/she is not there, write them a note stating your concern BRIEFLY and asking them to call you by a certain time. Tell the DM specifically what action you want taken: "I want a full refund," or "I want you to speak with the associate about the proper way to handle this situation, and I want you to let me know when you've talked to him/her."

I like Ross, but they under staff purposely, in order to save money on payroll. So we are in a constant state of rushing and don't have enough time to keep the store tidy or clean. I have been admonished for trying to clean the (nasty) keyboard on my register. I was told, "We don't have enough time to clean." I want thing to change, too, so get your voice heard at Ross corporate!

Comments

• Bu
      1st of Jun, 2007

Are you actually an employee at ross?

• Je
      28th of Apr, 2010

Location of problem occured at San Jose, California located on Curtner Willow Glen area.

On sunday I went to Ross with two dresses and receipts inside the Ross plastic bag for return. As I entered, there was a super long line. So I decided that I don't wan to stand in line once for the return and then another time if I decided to buy something. I saw some dresses that I would like to try on. I went to the dressing room and the rude fat woman (between 20's to early 30's) told me I cannot bring my bag into the dressing room. I told her she need to make sure no one touches my stuff and she said okay. But I can tell that look on her face that she didn't like what I just said to her.

As I came out, she was no where to be found and there was only one bag there, so I assumed it is mine cuz there is no other bag outside of the dress room. I ended up not buying anyting and decided to return my two dresses during the weekdays since it is always quiet and no line. I am a stay home mom. Today, I decided to go and return my dresses and I opened up the bag which was tied in a knot. I was shocked to find out that the items inside the bag wasn't mind. There was a pair of children jeans size 14 with brand name tag but no Ross tag and a super huge polyster cheap pair of short with a ross mark down tage of $5. My gutt feeling is someone must heard what I told the dress room lady that it is two really nice dresses and she must look after it cuz I don't want anyone stealing them.

My worst fear happened on sunday. Someone stole my bag and walked out of the store since there is no sensor on them. Or my other hutch is the store dress room employee got pissed off at me and switched the items to get back at me.

I called to the store today and no one seem to care enough to help me. They told me that the store manager isn't there. I guess I have to take that big lost and return the polyester shorts for $5 store credit since it is not my item and I don't have the receipt to it.

This happen like around 2 p.m. at Ross. If you are corporate, you should make your employees are accountable for things like this cuz if it happen too many times, you will lose your good customers and attract only the bad customers. Deep in my heart is that I stil think that the Ross Employee switched my stuff to get even with me. I spend hundreds of dollars at Ross already. You wouldn't want all your customers to go to Marshall and TJMAXX. They carry identical products for similar prices. I am just a loyal customer and only putting up this complaint so higher mangement know about these kinds of issues at Ross.

If some Target can help friendly and polite employees, you can too do that!!!