Rooms To Go / don't deal with them

I had a delivery of a Hutch on 8/30 and the top section had a lot of damage (base broke glass shelves broke, glass in door scraped.) to it so we contacted the service department and they stated it would be delivered on 9/4. I asked why I had to wait so long it was not my fault.

I contacted the store located in Brentwood, TN off of Mores Lane and spoke with the sales person that took care of are sale (Larry). I wanted to know why I have to wait until Thursday because of there carelessness. He stated there wasn't anything he could do and asked if I would like to speak with the Manager and I said yes.

He stated that the manager would call me right away. I have not received a call yet from the manager, so I went there this morning to talk to the manager and they said he was out. This tells me they don't care about the customer and there is no customer service. I will wait until Thursday.

I will not do business with Rooms To Go any more and I also will let every one I know about your service.

Va

Comments

• Ca
      12th of Apr, 2009

On 4/2/09 I went buy to Rooms To Go in Houston Texas (Willowbrook Area). I was also ripped off and lied to by Rooms To Go. I cancelled my order within 10 hours of attempting to purchase a living room set. I gave $500.00 down pament with a personal check. I had adviced the sales person that i had recently bought a new house and at the time of the purchase i did not have my current new address. He told me it would be okay for me to call him as soon as I got home and for me to call in my new address. Well when I did as told I was being told that they would have to charge me an extra fee for change of address. When I asked to speak to the manager, Chris was very rude. He told me a different reason for the extra fee...He said it was because the delivery had different taxes...I told him this was the most ridiculous thing I had ever heard. Taxes are all the same in Texas! So I cancelled my order and I was told my personal check would be returned to me immediately. I told them I lived one block away from them and I said I would pick up my personal check or put a stop payment on it...Rooms to go assured me that i did not have go through all that trouble... I trusted these people... WAS I WRONG... They cased my personal check... AND NOW I HAVE TO WAIT 30 days until i get my $500.00 dollars back... WORD OF ADVICE DONT TRUST "ROOMS TO GO." And when i attempted to call the Manager Chris...he is refusing to accept my phone calls.!!!