RIU Hotels & Resorts / refusal of front desk to put us in king or queen type bed prior to arrival despite the fact there are rooms available

US Review updated:

I haven't even gotten to the hotel and I am already having the worst experience ever for the Riu hotel park plaza time square.

Reservation ERIC STEPHENS arrival tuesday December 5 departing Friday dec 8 confirmation number [protected]

At 9pm pst I called to confirm our bed 🛏 for our anniversary reservation for arrival on Dec 5 for a short stay of 3 days. Not only was I hung up on twice, the guys at the front desk speak poor English and one guy even yelled at me when I called and told them that I am calling ahead to confirm a bed type or upgrade the room so that we don't have any surprises before flying across the country for our short 3 day anniversary trip. Mind you I was very polite and had a soft gentle tone to my voice and the guy yelled at me anyways. He seemed very annoyed like this call was inconvenient to him or whatever he was doing.

Not only were they refusing to take our request to be put in a Queen or king bed, and even denying our request to upgrade our room type, they were insisting that they were going to put us in two twin beds. Can you imagine coming with your significant other to nyc from California to have to sleep in two separate twin beds?

Eladio, the guy working the front desk kept putting us on hold and i listened to him have an argument while I was on the phone About who was going to take my call.

Then Jesus Lopez took the phone and it took 15 min for us to pull up the reservation because he couldn't understand us as we very clearly spelled out the name on our reservation.

After Jesus pulled up our reservation he refused to confirm our room for a king or a queen bed and was telling us our only option was two twins. It wasn't because there were no other rooms available, is because he was refusing to help us.

What four star hotel wouldn't take the proper procedures to ensure that their guests that were arriving were going to be able to get a queen or king bed when they are calling over 20 days before their arrival date and they HAVE the rooms available?

We even had our Hotwire guy call and speak to ELADIO (case id # [protected] Hotwire guy named allen) and they wouldn't help him either.

How can you guys call yourself a 4 Star hotel and refuse to confirm our request for a king or queen when you have the rooms available? You can't put a couple in two twin beds!

This trip is supposed to be enjoyable and exciting and we are 20
Days before arrival and our customer service experience is awful and we aren't even there yet.

I don't understand why they can't just type into our reservation that we want a queen or king bed and ensure us that we won't be having to sleep in two twin beds on the day of our arrival.

If this matter isn't handled immediately I will be taking the necessary steps to make sure this is known to corporate and to the public.

4 star rating, and this is what we get? Not acceptable.

[protected]@gmail.com

Ha
Nov 17, 2017

Comments

• Po
      Nov 17, 2017

Do you currently have a reservation for a King or Queen sized bed? Did you get confirmation that they are available? If you believe they are available and do not have a reservation, you may want to try making the request through their website.