Rent-A-Center / rip off

Rent way which I believe to have been bought out by rent a centre adds hidden charges don’t deliver new merchandise; I paid for new and got used. they also say they have lifetime re instatement you can pick up where you left off if you need to return you rental at any time I HAVE BEEN WAITING ON A COMPUTER that I paid on for over a year and they say they have been looking for me a good one. Do they mean one that doesn’t have roaches crawling out of it like the refrigerator I had to return? Or are they just hoping ill go away? Which I will but not before I tell everyone that I know about their sales tactics. oh by the way when I returned the computer I was because my husband died and I need a couple of months to get things straight and they never gave me back my comp all they gave was excuses that was 1 year ago. So where is the money I already paid? Gone that’s where, they have no intentions on making it right.

Va

Comments

• To
      15th of Jun, 2008

The Lifetime Reinstatement Policy is true and in full effect. The only problem I see you having is the fact that when Rent-A-Center gets a return like that, the money you paid on the computer puts it in a specific class of computer. So let's say you rented a computer for 3 weeks for $34.99 a week and the base price was $1000. After taxes it goes up to, let's say and even $40 a week. 3 weeks at $40 is $120. and $1000 after having $120 paid off is $880. In order to put your lifetime reinstatement in effect, they would have to find a computer that has $880 left with the same specs on the computer as the one you rented before. It does take time. Also, how was your payment history on your prior rental? If it's bad, then give up now. They won't play games.