Remax / unethical practices

United States Review updated:

Mr. Ballagh has a sour method to practicing real estate. After a contract was placed and agreed upon on a house he was selling, he pulled out to take a better offer. It put a single mom and 3 kids out of a home and placed a few more dollars in HIS pocket. He has no regard for morals.

Ti

Comments

Oct 27, 2009

Until escrow closes you can't bank on anything. Keep the "for sale" sign up until escrow closes.

Nov 15, 2009

I rented from Re/Max in Wilmington, NC through an Agent named Karen and when we moved into the house it was disgusting. Nothing was cleaned like we were advised it would be. So I took pictures of the place just in case. After a few months of dealing with there problems and not getting the help we needed for things to be taken care of we (roommate) decided to leave and move to a better place. Our deposit was taken away for a water bill that was so called not paid (we have proof of payment) and they power washed the house and redid the paint job all on our deposit. VERY crooked if you ask me.. Going through a legal battle now.. BE AWARE!!!

• 21
      Nov 06, 2011

Re/Max is by far the WORST company in history! We looked at houses for 3 years; in that time EVERY experience we ever had with a Re/Max agent was horrendous! At least three of them never even showe up when we had scheduled a showing! They also are (as stated above) UNETHICAL as heck!!! I can't believe they are still in business to be honest! We also looked at a house which was for rent. Ok we were willing to rent it, as advertised- we never got a response- we had to hire a seperate agent and STILL this idiot didn't respond!!! Her name is Linda, works out of the Pepper Pike office, in Ohio. Then we offered to buy the home (we offered 5 thousand under asking) and STILL had problems getting a response! The owners lived in Florida. I am fairly certain this was a racial discrimination case- but we didn't care enough to pursue it.oh, and the house was a stigmatized property! It had been on the market for years! Guess what? 2 years later, it is back on the market, listed with a different brokerage, for 50, 000 less!

• Br
      Mar 09, 2016

i bought a house from them and they gave me bad service.