Reliance Infocomm / harassment for recovery

1 India Review updated:

I got my land line phone disconnected and the reliance customer care guys came to my residence and collected whatever the due amount was. Then after about 2 months I received a call from someone stating that he is calling from Delhi Police station and that a case has been lodged against me by reliance in Ahmedabad court and an arrest warrant has been issued to produce me at court. On asking for details he started abusing and used foul language. He called me 2 - 3 times and mentally harassed me. I understood that he is no one but a recovery agent. It was a matter or a small amount, about Rs 1000 /-. I have my mother at home and do not want her to undergo any such situation. I went to Reliance web world and payed the amount. I still have about rs 600 - 700due on reliance which is the refundable security money. They have never come back for the same. It is a shameless company treating their 3 - 4 yrs old customers like this. I will never every buy any reliance product in my life and will make sure no one else does...

Comments

• Ri
      2nd of Apr, 2007
    Reliance Infocomm - Customer harassment!
    India

I had an outstanding of rs. 2689 for my reliance post paid landline connection. Out of which i paid 2500 (a whole no.) on 31st of march 2007 still to this date after 2 visits to reliance webworld at sector-31 gurgaon i only got false promises like, the phone is already activated, which was obviously a farce as the phone was as dead as before. On contacting reliance customer care on the night of 1st April i was asked again to go to reliance web-world they third time to get the services activated. The web-world people say its not in their hand to re-activate the phone and the call centre people ask to go again to customer care.

This is unnecessary harassment which i am facing. Now i am thinking of taking a legal recourse which would serve fine these complacent people.

• Ka
      12th of Apr, 2007
    Reliance Infocomm - Phone disconnected for over 15 day
    India

I'm unfortunate user of reliance mobile no 9316507100 which is temporarily disconnected because of no fault of mine. I have already Submitted my id proof, residence proof to the company which they have acknowledged wide a receipt. No one able to tell why my phone has been disconnected I have visited reliance Web word 4 times and have made numerous call customer care But no one is able to tell the reason of disconnection.

Complain pertain to Panchkula Haryana. Its a life time connection how come even the incoming call are disconnected.

• Aj
      20th of Mar, 2009

I agree with Santhanu.

I a m post paid Reliance mobile customer and given many compliants 8 months ago not resolved so far. Reliance signal is coming at my workplace and not able to connect with anyone but this compliant is not resolved and no attempt was made to resolve after 8 months also.

Height of this is I got blackberry replacement in warranty period after waiting for 40 days and in the recent bill they have charged rental for this non working phone for cycle which comes in these 40 days.

When reactivated my replacement, by default they have activated the blackberry plan Rs. 1099 and they are asking me to pay the bb plan charges which I was not using before the rplacement.

I just want to know TRAI or I can go to consumer court for this.

AJV, Chennai

• De
      11th of Nov, 2009
    Reliance Infocomm - Plan migration not done after much efforts
    Reliance InfoComm
    India

I was using Reliance Net Connect (No 9312969233) which was a postpaid connection.

I requested for the migration of same to prepaid on 23rd October 2009 through Reliance world at Forum Mall, Hosur Road, Bangalore.
    I also made the outstanding and unbilled payment on the same day there.
    Request number for the same is SR# 111678606.
    After one week, when migration was not done, I inquired about the same from customer care, they put up an excuse saying my alternate number is not reachable which is a stupid excuse because my number is active and I am receiving all the calls.
    I went to reliance world at forum mall, Hosur road, bangalore after one week 30th October 2009.
    They told me that they would send a mail to head office and call me back about the status.
    I even added another alternate number in case it is needed. But since then I have not received any call either from reliance world for status or from customer care for confirmation of migration.

I am still confused about the status of my netconnect card. It is blocked and I am not able to use it. I am not sure if it is still a postpaid connection.

Just want to know if somebody can help in resolving this.

• Mr
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    Reliance Infocomm - E-Recharge
    India

I am a Reliance Mobile customer. I am a prepaid customer. My problem is that I am unable to do e-recharge, but can do recharge with a paper voucher or card. I have visited the R-World many times, but my problem has not been solved yet. Every time iI go to R-World, the reason for the delay is not told. I even got to know card and paper voucher will be stopped soon and one can recharge only by e-recharge. If this is so, my nymber is just a waste. I want my problem to get solved as soon as possible. Kindly do the needful asap.

• Ku