Reliance India Call / no website, no customer service!

TX, United States Review updated:
4.05

Reliance India Call has been having continuous problems with their website and there is no way to recharge an existing account. They have no customer service options which allows one to call in and re-charge their account. If they do not intend to provide a reliable service, they should take themselves off the market. I have tried accessing their website numerous times over the past few weeks only to find out the website has continuously been down!

Comments

Ph
  20th of Nov, 2007
Whenever I go to Reliance office in Vasai Road West I always find several people who have complaints against Reliance. Many times even the staffs are least bothered about it. Most of the time they give excuse that the concerned person is not present or they have forwarded the complaint to the concerned department. But the complaint never seems to be solved.

I had disconnected my phone no. 0250-3208929 way back in May 2007 (TERMINATION NO.: 4994 9993) but I am yet to receive my due amount of Rs 500 + Rs 300 which I had paid extra before the cancellation of phone.
  28th of Nov, 2007
reliance india call a prepaid phone card to call India from many countries (I primarily use it from USA) has been down for 10 or more days and no clue what is happening.

Are they shutting down operations? or just being dumb lame idots :-). Well it is inconvenient and of course everyone knows there are others ;) to choose from
Ds
  1st of Dec, 2007
Horrendous "support" for non-IE browsers!
We were experiencing the same problem with not being able to access the website for weeks and finally thought of digging out their customer service number from cached webpages - it is 1-888-673-5426.

After talking to one of their customer service representatives, it appears that they only support Internet Explorer or Netscape - if you are using a browser like Firefox or Safari (who does not use Firefox?), the website will not even load and it would appear to the end-user that the server is down. Which webmaster does not have the skills or common sense to return a simple page to the user and message saying "Please use IE 5.5 or higher"? Also they have all our email ids via which they send us promos, could they not send out a broadcast about this website limitation - it has worked in the past with firefox. In any case, we asked the agent to notify these basic issues to their web support team.

In this day and age, they MUST support Firefox since most US and Europe customers use such alternative browsers.
Ds
  1st of Dec, 2007
I take the above comments back. From my office network, Relianceindiacall.com *does* load with Firefox ! It seems to be an internet traffic routing problem between verizon business and reliance india communications. I have emailed the network administrators with more details, hopefully they can fix this issue soon. In the meanwhile, try accessing it from a different network.
Gi
  29th of Apr, 2008
I have a continuous problems with"relianceindiacall" Log in page to recharge my existing account. I tried several times past last two weeks, & still I am unsuccessful to get that page. Please e-mail to me regarding this matter.I am a customer with Relianceindiacall since June 2006.
Je
  17th of May, 2008
I'm experiencing problem accessing RelianceIndiaCall.com web site. This has been going on for a while. I can access other Indian web sites such as Times of India etc. I called Reliance India Call customer service and complained about access problem. But they could not provide any solution. Funny thing is I can ping their website from a command prompt but can not access their web page. I wonder if their web server is overloaded. It is surprizing and disconcerting to have problem with the web site associated with Reliance name. Even the quality of their web site is so poor, doesn't seem like coming from a world class company.
Vi
  13th of Sep, 2008
I was also trying several times in last few days to charge but web site was not loading in IE. Today I tried in Firefox and was able to recharge my account.

Reliance Communications Logo Reliance Communications