Reliance India Call / no service for hours!

The telephone service of Reliance india call has been shut off for the 4-5 hours on weekend (August 19 2007) on peak hours. The miserable thing is they also shut the services of the costumer service, its annoying that the call to costumer service number would automatically switches off after 10 seconds. What the hell is this? I had to make an emergency call tried desperately for three hours. Finally i have to open another account to call india. I hate this service.

When i called the customer service after 8 hours, they have only sentence to say that the problem is now rectified. Its non-sense. Who cares if the service is rectified after a long time. I was really pissed off whole day.

Comments

• Hi
      21st of Oct, 2007

I am having the same problem today. Its Sunday 11.10 am on Oct 21. I have been trying to call the support number, but the call gets dropped, the actual number to 866-373-5426 is not responding at all. Looks like they are not able to deal with the peak hour load. Strangely enough, I can't even connect to their website.. keeps saying the authentication failed.

This is nuts. I will try few more times and give up I guess.

What is the alternate option?

• Nk
      21st of Oct, 2007

Agreed same case here, I have gone through this several times. Sent couple of emails, but got the reply of issue rectified, which is totally meaning less. People need to think from service perspective, else this is not going to work for long time. I am planning to go back with the back old international cards.

• Jk
      21st of Oct, 2007

This happened again today, 10-21-2007. I have been trying for more than 3 hrs. Neither toll free to place call to India nor the Customer service number is working. This is happening second time within a month. Service is getting worse, now days. Reliance India call s*cks.

Is there any other company that gives better service than Reliance..

• Xy
      21st of Oct, 2007

I am facing the same issue here. This happened to me about 2 weeks back when reliance India call was not working. Need to switch to another service.