Reliance Communications / non refund of security deposit for fwp

1 India Review updated:

Re: Reliance Communications

I had a Reliance Fixed Wireless Phone (FWP) connection (No. 033-[protected]) which was installed on February 07, 2004 at my residential address 71 (Old 105 Dakhsin Para Road, Kolkata 700028) and at that time the they took Rs. 1800/- (Rs. 800/- for installation charge and Rs. 1000/- as security deposit). The telephone connection was taken through J.P. Traders, 569 Jessore Road, Kolkata 700074. After about two years I found that the service is not up to the mark and subsequently I surrendered the FWP in Reliance Web World Express, 18 Dum Dum Road, Nager Bazar, Kolkata 700074 on February 25, 2006. During the surrender process I paid Rs. 647/- in cash as due phone bill at pro rata basis up to February 25, 2006 along with handset with all its accessories (original receipt with me) and I was told that an additional Rs. 290/- (rental for following month, March, 2006) would be deducted from the security deposit. In April 05, 2006, some S. Sarkar of the same Web World Express gave me the receipt regarding the ‘submission of FWP in good condition with all its accessories’ (MDN: [protected]; RSN: RLGFW200657082).

Almost 15 months have already passed following the surrender of FWP but unfortunately, the Reliance people have neither contacted me (Resi. Phone No. was provided) nor returned my security deposit. Meanwhile, I have visited twice the same Web World Express but they could not be able to give any positive answer. I have last visited on April 04, 2007 and that time I have found a cheque of Rs. 588.00 in my name dated in August, 2006 is lying with them. They have been trying to deliver the lapsed cheque to me and asked me to revalidate the same from Reliance House, Chowringhee, Kolkata as the delivery man could not find residential address but I have refused to receive it.

I am now surprised that during the time of installation, the same Reliance people verified my residential address and get a paper signed at that time but this time they have failed to localize the same address. I believe that the amount printed in the lapsed cheque should not be Rs. 588.00 as I have surrendered everything in good condition.

The companies like this never bother the interest of customers. Whenever a customer fails to perform his formality, the company people do not forget to take steps in their favor but the reverse is very much not true. In the present case, they do not think of the customer as I am at the receiving end.

During the surrender of instrument I cleared all dues including rental up to April 25, 2006 and I do not understand why they had charged me another Rs. 290.00 as rental for the following month. What is the basis of charging like this? I had no phone connection in March, 2006 but I had to pay the rental for the said month as per their discretion. I claim the full security deposit (Rs. 1000.00) what is lying with them at the very earliest convenience.

With regards,

Yours faithfully,
Dr. Ranajit Karmakar
71 Dakhsin Para Road
Kolkata 700028
033-[protected]

Comments

• Na
      1st of Aug, 2007
    Reliance Communications - No refund of security deposit
    India

I was a Reliance Infocomm customer having Fixed Wireless Phone (FWP) from 13/03.2005 to 09/01/2006. I got the FWP connection under Plan FW700 in March 2005 with handset code No. LP340E. The phone number allotted to was 0522-3959005. I paid all the bills regularly at stipulated dates. Due to some personal reasons, I offered to surrender the connection as well as handset/accessories on 09/01/2006 at at Reliance WebWorld situated at Kapoorthala crossing (near Sahara India Bhawan), Mahanagar, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh (copy of receipt of Service Termination Request enclosed). I was assured by the concerned person that the security deposit (Rs. 2000/- only) of your FWP connection will be sent to you within 3 months of date of surrender.

Upon not receiving the security refund within the above said period, I inquired in the Reliance WebWorld as well as at Reliance Main Office at BTC house, Gomti Nagar, Lucknow (UP) in this regard. Inspite of repeated assurance from concerned officers, I am yet to receive the security refund of FWP connection 0522-3959005.

I had communications with Reliance customer care at several time point but I am sorry to say that no conclusive explanation was received from that end.

• Da
      3rd of Jul, 2009

Sub.: Network Problem.

I have a RGSM and a CDMA connection, I am having problem since No both network is available in my area for the past 1 month connection is available on roof top.

Customer care is of no help as they claim that the network is o.k. I Think "The most Third class network in Lucknow U.P. East (CHOWK BAJAZA).

Can you help me, Since other network (Idea 09795323556) have no problem.

Reliance officials Visit This Site and they will take some serious actions.

Thanking you,