Raymour & Flanigan / worst furniture store ever!!!

1 PA, United States Review updated:

You think you're dealing with someone reputable until the furniture comes. We bought mattresses; one's unraveling and the other is not the softness we asked for. We also got two chairs; they keep coming loose and need continual tightening. We got the run around with customer service, and they point blank told us they would not honor our warranty, and have ignored our calls ever since. We have filed with the attorney general about five pages regarding our experiences. We don't have to just take it; there are people just waiting to address this issue! This is why small claims court was made.

Comments

• Su
      21st of May, 2008

Wow, I am completely shocked by all of these negative remarks about Raymour and Flanagan. I have been there as well as to Macy's, Bloomingdale's Outlet and store, Crate and Barrel, Ethan Allen, Bob's Furntiture and I thought they were a good mix of what seemed to be good quality and yet, not as pricey as some of the others. I was afraid to buy at Bob's becasue they were so inexpensive that I thougth something must've been wrong with the piece, but at R and F, the furniture seemed nice. I was going to go back tomorrow to the store in Yonkers, NY and probably finally buy that leather sectional I've been searching for! Now, after reading all of these negative reviews, I don't know where to go, but I don't think I should go there!

Help!

--Sue

• Ob
      17th of Jun, 2008

despite all these negative remarks, R&F is still the fastest growing furniture store. that shows that people like there services and are telling others about them

• De
      6th of Aug, 2008

i agree about R&F...they are terrible!!! EVERY piece of furniture i ever bought from them has fallen apart! The chairs from the dinette set all came apart, my father n law had to screw them back together...the couch ripped...the bedroom set's dresser's are so cheaply made that you can't pull the drawer out to far or it falls right down and off...ALL JUNK!!! I wish I would have checked into them more carefully before purchasing all this furniture at once and making this HUGE mistake AND still paying for junk that i'll be throwing out!!!

• Ho
      18th of Aug, 2008

Went to Raymour and Flannigan this weekend. The salesman was to the extreme of rude and would not answer any of our questions until he checked with the manager. There was a sofa that had swatches of different colors to choose from, but he said that in order for him to get his commission for the tax free weekend in Massachusetts we would have to purchase the brown one because any other color would have to be a special order and would cost more. I told him that we were not here to make sure he got his commission when he wanted and at our expense! We asked him for the best deal he could offer and once again, he sent the manager over to us. The manager said that "louis" (the salesman in West Springfield, MA) said that we had an "issue"...I was quite surprised, as we were very polite and unassuming. Louis never came back with a price and left us hanging there for about 20 minutes before we saw him in a different part of the store helping someone else. The sales people there look like ex-cons and act like the ### of the earth. Their suits look two sizes too big and wrinkled...almost all of them look scruffy and unkempt. The furniture is pretty but be very careful...it is very cheaply made. The sofa we wanted to purchase was very uncomfortable and my legs stuck out straight in front of me because the cushions were so deep...it was made for someone 6' or taller. I am disappointed at the rude staff. Whoever the CEO of Raymour and Flanigan is should clean house! Look at the complaints! Even though you boast about being a multi million dollar business and have beautiful stores, you are selling defective merchandise with rude, slick sale people. Imagine all these people with all those complaints. Accordingly, Raymour and Flanigan thinks because they are so big that a few (helloooo?) complaints isn't bad. Imagine all those people who are dissatisfied and don't leave comments. It would be interesting to look at their books on how much furniture comes back defective and how many people were scammed by Raymour and Flannigan. I would imagine a good class action suit may just knock them down a notch and then we could all get real furniture and possibly take ownership of all their stores and clean up the act there. The attorney general should check into all of this. Perhaps that is what I will do next. Follow suit...if you want real action! DO NOT SHOP AT RAYMOUR AND FLANIGAN...THE NEW NAME SHOULD BE RICHMAN AND FLOGAGAIN. in these economic bad times, many hard working people are getting the wool pulled over their heads by these ex-cons...BAD---and the worse part of is that I'm sure they sleep well at night.

• De
      18th of Aug, 2008

Neil Goldberg is the CEO of Raymour and Flanigan. I'm sure he knows about how slovenly his staff look and project themselves to the public. This furniture store has a bad reputation and many many complaints. I agree that the attorney general Martha Coakley should get involved and perhaps a state audit might be in order. I hope the IRS takes a peek at their books...I know someone who used to work there and has told me some frightening stories about R & F. If you're going to spend money, DON'T do it there. Shop at reputable furniture stores...there are many out there that have staff who are professional and courteous and who know the in's and out's of real furniture...Raymour and Flanigan sell cheap furniture that will break and wear out fast... I've seen better furniture at flea markets and slum houses!

• Ab
      31st of Aug, 2018

@debbie A few years ago we bought a complete furniture set including a recliner, we even paid for five years warrantee. wishing two years the letter started peeling of. I calle customer service and I was told that the warrantee did not cover that can of defect . I felt robbed by this company
    . I inscribed them from my email list. I will never buy anything from them again. I have told my family and friends no to buy from them. Their products quality sucks. I have pictures of the those furnitures. It is a shame how they exploit the public with their false ads. Please be aware don't buy from this company. I have all the pictures to prove it. Abed N Diaz

• Pe
      18th of Aug, 2008

HOLY CRAP. I WAS ABOUT TO BUY A BEDROOM SET AT RAYMOUR AND FLANIGAN. NOT NOW...THEY LOST MY BUSINESS, BUT THEY PROBABLY DON'T EVEN CARE...THEY ARE A MULTI MILLION DOLLAR BUSINESS. THEY SHOULD BE CAREFUL NOT TO BOAST ABOUT THAT. THERE ARE SO MANY FURNITURE STORES GOING OUT OF BUSINESS BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE NOT BUYING LUXURY ITEMS AND SO MANY UNFORTUNATE PEOPLE ARE OUT OF WORK RIGHT NOW. I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED AT SO MANY NEGATIVE COMMENTS...ALTHOUGH I'M SURE THEY ARE ALL TRUE! WHAT A SAD WORLD THIS HAS BECOME AND HOW BIG BUSINESSES PREY OFF THE LITTLE GUY.

6th of Oct, 2008

I have bought an entire bedroom set from Ray and Flan and have been pleasantly pleased (Kinkaid is the brand name). They even went out of their way to repair my bed without charge despite the fact that it was out of the warranty period. It sounds sad that so many folks have had horrible experiences! EXPECTATIONS should roughly equal the price paid, so if you want the furniture that is used daily to last 20 years, expect a larger price tag AND also take care of it! I would certainly buy again from Ray and Flan.

• Pa
      1st of Nov, 2008

several years ago i bought furniture from ray and flan and althought my living room set was expensive it was the most uncomfortable piece of furniture and just not as comfortable as in the store when i tried them out and also the fabric looked faded and washed out when they arrived...they were late being delivered and arrived when i was not home and my sister accepted them without examining them but i have been terribly disappointed ever since...when i did start to put everything into place the end tables looked like they had one coat of varnish on them and started peeling, as i said totally disappointed with my purchases and will not buy anything else from them ever...i will not even walk into their stores again.

17th of Dec, 2008

We were trying to buy a recliner and the salesperson Anthony at Flatbush Avenue store was unbelievably rude. Definitely if you can take your business somewhere else. He lied to us, bs'd us, and did not answer the questions we asked. He looked like he was doing us a big favor.

• Li
      2nd of Mar, 2009

I purchased a micro fiber living room set last January 2008 at the Henrietta Store and I had the best salesman and had no problem with delivery. I am enjoying my furniture and I will return there again to shop. Linda

9th of Mar, 2009

that why me and wife shop at CNS FURNITURE 2233 FLATBUSH AVE BROOKLYN NY

• 10
      30th of Oct, 2009

I am very surprised how many people feel about R & F. Last year we furnished our entire house with their furniture. Had no problems and the minor ones we had, they resolved right away. Maybe it depends on which location you go to because i went to the one in Woodbridge, NJ and they are very, very friendly and go out of their way. We had one problem with the table pad (it was the wrong shape) for our dining table. The sales rep went as far as coming to our house to measure the table top herself to make sure that it's done right.

• Js
      23rd of Nov, 2009

The living room set is not even close to what they show on the weebside, very ordinary. Bedroom set is incomply and the dresser have one leg missing...JUST DON'T GO THERE... they walk in to the apartment, open windows without asking permission, then left them open...couple hours later ...you understand why is so cool in the appartment!

• Ba
      12th of Dec, 2009

its the worst furniture I ever bought. First the delivery guys were extremely rude, demanded high tips even after I had paid good amount for delivery itself. Then there were big scratches on the furniture even the first day. They did fix it though.
    Now the drawer handles came out just few months since we purchased it. I can't even put them back, have to call em again.
    over all Finsih is very bad----i would not recommend anyone to go there---pay few hundred dollars extra elsewhere for peace of mind.

17th of Dec, 2009

We have made four major purchases from Raymour and Flannigan. We will make no further purchases from this chain. The furniture is just ok, but for the price the workmanship and delivery should be 100% better. The only reason we purchased from this chain was that the location was good for us. Don't make any purchases from this chain!

17th of Dec, 2009

We made four major purchases from Raymour and Flannigan over the past few years due to the location of this store and other stores of better quality went out of business. All purchases, living room set, beds, bedroom furniture, were of below average quality as was the delivery service. No discounts were offered also. From now on we will purchase elsewhere whether it entails more travel time and even to purchase from people selling quality furniture through individual ads. Do NOT make purchases from this chain. They have substandard products at top dollar!

• To
      13th of Jan, 2010

Four years ago we purchased a bed and a Stearns and Foster mattress and box spring from R & F. We just had them come out to check the mattress because it started to rip. The technician told us that we would receive a new mattress. We loved the one we had and said we would like another Sterns & Foster. They gave us a credit for the amount that we spent and we were told to go into the store to choose another mattress. I got sick and then the holidays came and it was 2 weeks before we could get to the store. In the meantime, they sent us a post card saying that if we didn't get into the store within a week, they would not give us a new mattress. The Sterns & Foster mattresses that they had were much more expensive than our credit. They would not give us any kind of a break. Since we didn't anticipate having to buy a new mattress (since the original one should have lasted 20 years) we couldn't afford the differrence between the old one and the new one. They would not refund us our money so we had to buy a Sealy (which I didn't want). The difference between the old mattress and the Sealy was $70.00. We asked them to waive the $70.00 for our inconvenience but they said that would be impossible. We ended up paying the $70.00. I have bought a lot of furniture from them but I won't ever be buying from them again.

• Ca
      2nd of Feb, 2010

I purchased a bedroom set, living room set and high priced futon from R &F about 15 months ago. The bedroom set is wonderful. The futon was in our guest room and used about 5 times in the 15 months. All of the guests were of normal size and weight. It sunk in the middle. I paid over $500 for this futon. The living room furniture is also falling apart.

• Da
      15th of Mar, 2010

The Raymour & Flanigan at Seneca Mall Rte 57
    Warners, NY 13164
    315-652-3711 Is the worst store on the planet. They sold a friend of mine a sectional couch for a 1, 000 bucks. That would have been fine if the couch was not damaged. We were going to load the couch onto my truck when we had noticed that it had a rip in the bottom about 5 inches long.

If you have ever moved a couch you know that it is easier to move though doorways without the feet on. So my friend unscrewed one of the feet from the bottom of the couch. Upon doing this about a 20inch by 20 inch corner from the bottom cover fell. It was being held on by the foot of the couch!
    Now the inside of the couch had been reveled. We saw that the corner of the frame of the couch had been broken a then repaired! Someone had "fixed" it by taking a piece of pine and "marring" it with sheet rock screws to the broken frame.
    So we tell the stock boys what we had found and one of them asked "did you rip it?"
    They then got the sales girl who said she "didn't no nothing about it" "they should have done a 360 on it" then went to get the store manager the store manager (Debbi Rossi) Came back and asked us why WE ripped it. We said it was ripped to fix a broken frame and not stapled back up. She then told us that she had us on video RIPPING the cover off the couch!! I was so pissed. I felt so bad for my friend. He was sold a broken couch, discovered the cover-up and then was accused of damaging property to get a discount! I left the building because I was so pissed off.
    My friend made them show him the video tape they claimed they had and it showed that we did NOT do what they accused us of. They refunded his money and told him that they had the same couch at a different store for 700 bucks more. Real nice. He declined the offer and left.
    I will never shop at Raymour And Flanigan. And I will tell all my friends of my experience.

• Bu
      13th of May, 2010

This company is a mess. I should have had a clue from the manipulative salesman and the refusal take my visa card and pushing their Wells Fargo credit plan. Also look carefully at the wear and tear on the display models. The sales guy will give you some BS about oh people damage them on purpose. Yeah right. When the 5 piece entertainment center was delivered (Store Flatbush Avenue, Brooklyn NY) 3 of the pieces were damaged! Weird damage that looked like the doors hit been run over with brillo, marks that looked like boxes had been hacked open carelessly with box cutters that hit into the furniture. Oh and the delivery guys wow! One complained elevator and all what a pain in the a* it was to have to work! (Like all the folks who need jobs wouldn't go for this if they were able bodied!)

I had trouble reaching the right people to cancel the order and then had to physically drive back to the store to cancel it. They tried to sell me more BS all the way along. Plus the folks next to me at customer service were complaining about some problem with the drawer of their new furniture. I don't know where to shop yet but... run... save yourself from Raymour & Flanigan!