Raymour And Flaniganplatinum protection plan

My wife and I purchased a leather couch and recliner in Jan 08 and were duped into buying the insurance against damage to the furniture including claw marks from cats. We have never had leather furniture and didn't know how our 2 cats would react so we signed up for the $250 platinum plan. Upon reading the protection plan details I found that rips, punctures, cuts and burns are covered but not animal claws, beaks or teeth. Issa Doud was the salesman...LIAR..

• Kj
    kjb14086 Jan 26, 2010

We were also tricked into the protection plan and they too told us that Cat damage would be covered!. Now they are denying repairing scratched from the cats!!!

• 13
    136frhjkll Nov 17, 2010

I can't understand why the c.e.o. of this furniture store is not stepping up to the plate!How are they getting away with this!Page after page of complaints!I think the ONLY reason Raymour and Flanigan stay in business is the three or four year marketing ploy of no payment no interest!Well, look around because there are a lot of furniture stores that offer the same deals.

• Er
    erind9 Jun 18, 2011

On their web-site, it specifically says that if your puppy covers your couch with paint while you're out...they will cover it. If you cut your couch...they will cover it. However, if your dog cuts your couch is isn't covered. How does this make any sense?
    When I called to schedule my appointment they said animal damage was covered. Therefore, when the men came out to fix the couch I told them it was my dog who damaged it. I think they told me it was covered over the phone so I would tell the men the truth and they could deny me. I would never buy from raymour again. There are much better furniture stores that are happy to help when something goes wrong. Raymour is over priced and ridiculous

• Kn
    knowlegeable May 19, 2012

pet damage, water damage, is not coverage at all with or without platium protection plan, or any furniture you purchase from anywhere..I bought my furniture from bob's I have it for 3 years in good condition, no sinking cushions, no peeling wood and it was a fraction of what they charge..I recommand BOB'S FURNITURE... oh! also the protection plans covers customer damage, if you have a chair and the legs is damaged you will recieve a new legs and the warranty is voided off of that leg not the whole chair, but it all depends on the technician report...

• Ze
    Zena1976 Aug 20, 2015

Platinum protection plan is a joke! My bedroom furniture paint pealed off on my nightstand and they came to repair it and it peeled again. So they gave me the original price of the nightstand to work with. Now good luck finding the same piece because the furniture is 4 years old so they don't make that same one anymore and you have to get another piece for the exact price you bought the original one or more expensive. Why can't I buy a cheaper one? Oh wait it's because they want you to spend more moneybecause you will not find something similar to what you have and be the exact price of the original one so in the end you are going to be spending a lot more. Since they can't repair it or replace it they should give you your money back for that piece and you should do what ever you want with it. That's what other companies do! Will never buy from them again!

• Bl
    Blizzard523 Oct 11, 2017

The "customer service" "people" are HORRIBLE! PLATINUM??? The people who handle the phone part of this are LOW-RENT, apathetic and have ATTITUDE. I needed a repair. After making ONLY ONE SINGLE ATTEMPT to contact me regarding the time of service/repair... They had the nerve to just SEND SOMEONE UNANNOUNCED ANYWAY... At 7:30 AM!!! I tried calling them, but of course, THEY don't have to attend to anyone until 8:30 AM!! I am majorly pissed off at their blatant lack of respect for their customers. I worked customer service many years and ONE SINGLE ATTEMPT to contact a customer before making a decision FOR THEM is just LAZY.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices