Raymour & Flanigan / delivery time

1 NJ, United States Review updated:

Found a leather sofa and love seat at R&F on January 2, 2010. The sales rep assured us that the furniture would be delivered before January 23. We were having a party for 24 people that day. There was no reason not to believe her, the R&F adds on TV even boasted 3-day delivery!!! Well long story short the furniture FINALLY arrived February 24th, long after the party. I had given away my old couch, believing that the new furniture was promised on a certain date. The day of delivery Feb 23 I took the day off off work they said delivery would be between 9:30am and 3:30. That a HUGE window! At 4:30 there was no sign of a delivery truck or phone call. I called customer service, they "let me know" that the truck had run off the road and was stuck!!! "you'll be the first delivery tomorrow" she said. SOOOO now the next day I can't go to work again!!! The stuck truck did arrive the next day after 10:30 am--I don't think that was there first delivery!!!
This big box chain store will never get my business again. I'll keep the smaller guy in business and deal with humans from customer service who give a damn!!

Comments

• Al
      8th of Apr, 2010

I had a very positive experience with my sales rep +Anthony in the 14th Street store in NYC. He was extremely patient with us the 3 times we came into the store before purchasing our dining room table and chairs. Our table and chairs arrived damaged the first time and we refused the entire set. We were able to re schedule our delivery for 2 days later with a stated delivery time of 12-4. At 3:25 I called to see how far away the delivery was and was told that they had contacted the driver and I was next and it should be 20 minutes. After 1/2 hour I called back and spoke with Althea - i explained that I had called previously and thought it was about 40 minutes - Althea told me I was wrong I had called at 3:25 and it was only 1/2 hr. She told me that she was correcting me -about the time - I responded that she should not be nitpicking about the time - it was now 10 minutes to 4 and still no delivery. She told me to hang on and NEVER CAME BACK ON THE PHONE! I called again on my other line - the representative told me to hang on again - then she came back and told me that it would be another 45 minutes - I told her No- that my building did not allow deliveries after 5 pm - and I wanted to speak with a manager - of course - NO MANAGER was available - I asked that one call me back - well =- i am still waiting for that manager to call!
    Delivery was finally made at 4:30 pm -
    Someone did call to see if it was a pleasant experience - Ha!