Raymour & Flanigan / delivery and furniture condition

Raymour & Flanigan: Let’s start at the beginning. Raymour & Flanigans commercials promise delivery in three days. Well sure if you don’t mind taking several days off of work, because it’s your job to accommodate their lack of concern for the condition of the furniture they are allowed to load on their trucks, and when (not if) your furniture arrives damaged it’s another three day wait, as long as one of those three days is not Sunday or Monday.

I am waiting on delivery attempt #4 now. Oh yes, I was greeted right away and the sales person was very nice and helpful. The furniture is not high end but the price reflects that, most if not all is made in China. The style of the 11 pieces I chose was very nice and was well suited for my home. However, when it comes to delivering the furniture there is total lack of concern for you time.

Raymour & Flanigan will give you a 7 hour window of time the day before delivery, but that is not a guaranty, so it is almost a useless call. On two of the delivery attempts their drivers would call and say they will be at my home in (x) amount of time. Once they were off by 2.5 hours and another 1.5 hours.

On delivery day #1: The furniture delivery truck came with in their 7 hour window. This was the delivery to set precedence for the res of the Raymour & Flanigan experience. The sofa, chair and love seat were all acceptable; however, the end tables, sofa & coffee tables, night tables and dressers all had to be sent back. The kicker is here is that the delivery guys acknowledged that they knew we were not going to accept the furniture, due to it condition, before loading it on the truck. There were chunks of wood missing on most, thick layers of dust on some and scratches on the rest. OK Delivery #2, there was no concern shown from customer service, just their standard reply; it will take at least three more days to get the next delivery with a seven hour window.

Delivery # 2: (%#@(), 2.5 hours after the call saying they will be here in 15 minutes, with in their 7 hour window of time. I accept 1-end table, 2-night stands, and the sofa table. The rest had to go back.

Delivery #3: (#@!**& %$#) my wife calls me nearly in tears. I ‘m not too sure about the consideration of a deliver time on this delivery because I was not home, but they forgot to load the glass top for the coffee table so they would not leave the table. This leads us to delivery #4.

Comments

• Jg
      15th of Oct, 2007

Do not purchase from Raymour & Flanigan. I purchased a dinning room set; sofa, chair, accent chair, recliner, cocktail and end table set all to be delivered 9/22/07. On that day the delivery truck did arrive promptly and were very polite. Only the dinning room table, buffet & hutch were in acceptable condition. The living room stands did not arrive due to "damage in the warehouse". All of the other furniture was ripped and I was told that I had to accept the furniture and someone would come out to inspect the damage to process an exchange. After a week of trying to set up time for their service man to inspect the furniture I found out that they wanted to REPAIR, NOT REPLACE the brand new furniture. I was not happy with this option and after speaking to several different people was able to get an exchange authorized.

10/6/07 - the exchange. The same delivery men arrived as the first time. They seemed upset & said that nothing was wrong with the merchandise. I showed them all of the rips. Then they said they would not bring anything into the house until I inspected it. So, they began unloading the truck in the street. The first 3 pieces, accent chair, sofa & the living room tables were all damaged. I was mad and immediately called customer service where I was instructed to accept what I could and refuse the rest. So, I went back out to the street to find the delivery men had packed up the truck & said it was all like that and nothing should be accepted.

The next day customer service called me to see what I wanted to do. I said I wanted new, un-damaged furniture. At that time the customer service person said that the delivery manager inspected the furniture once it got back to the warehouse and deemed it as "customer perception", the material "defects" were acceptable and if that was not acceptable to me I should pick out different furniture. My options at this time was either a full refund of store credit & I could pick out something of equal or GREATER value or I could pay a 25% restock fee and get a refund. Then the customer service manager, Kim (Raymour & Flanigan in King of Prussia, PA) told me that this furniture was not the best furniture and that I should come pick something else out. Then 5 min later said “We do have this nice Cindy Crawford line…” Hello, did you look at my order that is what I bought!

After arguing with several people I finally got them to agree with me, personally going to the delivery warehouse and inspecting the furniture before delivery with the delivery manager. At the warehouse I dealt with a very nice delivery supervisor and one piece was damaged and the rest was perfect. After seeing this and them refusing to leave any packaging on the furniture before shoving it in a delivery truck, I made the decision to come back the next morning with a truck and a few men to help me take the furniture which I paid Raymour & Flanigan to deliver. However, the cocktail and end tables were still not available and it’s not 10/15/07 and their customer service center has still not been in contact with me.

Moral of the story is not to buy from Raymour & Flanigan unless you want to waste your time and money.

• Ju
      10th of Oct, 2009

As a former employee, I can tell you that they will tell customers whatever it is they want to hear just to get them off the phone. The lower management will always take the easy way out and have others do the dirty work for them.

Also, it is a common practice that R&F sells used furniture as new. Furniture that has been in someone else's home and returned to the warehouse would always be the next out of inventory to get delivered to the next customer. It's also happened that the same person that returned a piece(s) got the same one re-delivered on an exchange. That shows how they do not care about customer satisfaction.

I could go on and on about how they try and deceive customer's. There is not enough space here or time for me to list everything.

Do yourself a favor and avoid purchasing anything from them. It's not worth the hassle.