Raymour And Flanigan / poor managment

1 Franklin Mills MallPhiladelphia, PA, United States Review updated:

Re: A purchase from hell:

Raymour & Flanigan,
Franklin Mills Store

On Sept. 7, 2008 I purchased a Shelburne king size bedroom set from your Franklin Mills store. When the bedroom set was delivered, I did not see a screwpoint on the headboard sticking up through the top which held the lamp underneath the headboard on. When my husband came home from work that day he noticed it immediately and called the store the customer service told him because I accepted the delivery I can’t return it. I had to give up a one time return policy to have them give me an undamaged headboard. This was a manufacture defect per one of your techs, I found out later. When I purchased the set I told Mike that I wanted this set and the chest. I never received the chest. Mike told me he did not add that to the order and I would have to come to purchase that and would have to pay another $75 delivery charge. When I came in he apologized and told me he will give me the discount of $75 to make up for the mistake. I thanked him and went on my way. That weekend we set the bed up. We discovered the base is incorrect. The drawers should be at the bottom and the empty panel at the headboard per the R&F website imagine. The footboard also does not line up with the pre-drilled holes that the manufacture had made. The one I have now has the drawers at the headboard leaving me unable to access the two drawers. I called the store to speak with Mike he told me to just move the nightstand when I need to access them. I told him the nightstand was heavy and hard to move. He told me to leave enough room between the two so I can access it. according to the direction their is a right and left base. I had to wait 3 wk. for a tech to come out and agree it was the wrong side and I showed him the directions, he drew a diagram and I signed it. I got a call saying the drawer base will be delivered. I took the day off and when it was delivered the person said it’s them same one that I have now. I paid over $3600.00 for this set it was not a floor model nor an outlet item. Finally they said they will special order the base. They Finally ordered the correct base On 12/15 I got a call and was told the base was in. On 12/20 I was told the base was badly damaged and there will not be a delivery today. I could of cried. Till this day 12/26/2008 I have not received the correct drawer base.

When I received my bill that I financed through Wells Fargo and it had finance charges on it of $75. I called and spoke to Cust. Service and they told me that because the items were made on different days I was not eligible for the 2012 no interest charge. It should of been made on one day but Mike never placed the order correctly. On 12/20 I received my bill again and the finance is still there.
I called them again and was told the manager is now gone to redo the bill and charge me reg. price for the bedroom set. I told the women I didn’t receive a sale price. She told me I will be charged for the special order base charge and the full cost of the chest with two delivery charges which would come to $4119.00 then, I can have no financing till 2012 “she said because see SWEETIE you can’t have them both”. I can’t believe how I have been treated. My husband wants the set out of the house because of the way he was treated. I was not rude with them. I love this set. After talking to them on 12/20 I agree with my husband, I would also like the bedroom set taken out. I have always brought from R&F. They are a decent business and won’t close there doors tomorrow morning. I could of received this experience from La Donne’ furniture. My mom always brought her furniture from Mealy’s. I will also from this from point on. I am in need of a livingroom set, a childs bedroom set, and a king size mattress. I am sorry to say R&F will not receive my business. I would like the furniture to be picked up I will no longer deal with the store.

Ba

Comments

• Ba
      26th of Dec, 2008

Just think with all these complaints they will be out of business real soon.