Raymour And Flanigan / uncomfortable sofas

I bought a sofa from R&F in Yonkers, NY. My fault! It comes with a lot of pillows and I didn't sit in it long enough to realize how uncomfortable it is. There's really no back support and could only be comfortable for someone very tall with long legs. They won't exchange it and I'm out $1,000. I'm 68 years old the live on a fixed income. Please don't do business with them. They're selling inferior merchandise. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Comments

• Pa
      13th of Dec, 2006

They tell you the furniture will be delivered in 2 weeks. Then it's 4 weeks. Then it's 10 weeks.... and they don't care one bit. Their delivery company is separate from their furniture business and the delivery crew is even worse.... they couldn't care less about you, your delivery time or anything else. I bought once from Raymour- never again. That 3-day delivery guarantee is a scam- so ceveat emptor- let the buyer beware when you buy from these misrepresenters.... although rest assured their paperwork covers them so they are never in the wrong.

19th of Mar, 2007

I brought a sofa from Raymour & Flannigan November of 2005 and it was delivered in December. The day it was delivered I was not present only my wife who was 5 months pregnant at that time. She was not able to give a good inspection of the couch when the delivery men brought the couch in. 14 months later after looking under the couch I noticed it was damaged and looks like someone cover it with a patch that has since started to come off. after called Raymour & Flanigan in Yonkers New York I have be given the run around for over three weeks and been told that I would have to pay 45 dollars for the service charge to come see the couch. I am very upset because i spent over 7000 dollars in that stare and this is the service I get. I get the feeling their service is just as good as their products and will soon get the same reputation as Levitz.

• Gi
      1st of May, 2008

my sofa and loveseat from raymour and flannigan was infested with mice, they agree to pick up their furniture, but they are not willing to pay for the exterminator, they have very poor customer service

1st of Jul, 2009

I bought a sofa and coffee table from Raymour and Flannigan in April 09. the coffee table had marks all over the top. they sent a represantative to my home to buff the marks out, taking the mat finish (which I wanted) to a shiny finish. then a couple of day's later I dusted the top only to find all the marks have reappeared and won't come out. they have since ordered a new top to replace the old one. the new top is still pending, Hmmm, we will see. As for the new sofa, the seat cushions started to sag and the material began to wrinkle after only a couple of weeks. I called the store and customer service told me... now get this, the manufacturer made the sofa this way to give it "that lived in look". they also said they could replace the foam but with the same results after a couple weeks, or I could go to a to a higher density foam at my expense. I think they should have some employees sit on this sofa in the showroom to give it that "lived in look" so the consumer knows just what they are purchasing. My educated guess is nobody would. Raymour and Flannigan of Buffalo N.Y. sells JUNK.