Quest Diagnostics SCAM! / false billing - scam!
I just received an automated voicemail from Quest's "billing department." First of all, if this was a legitimate invoice that I owed a payment on, I would think that a real live person would call me. Second of all, I never had any services provided to me by Quest Diagnostics or at any of their local facilities. Thirdly, I never received a paper invoice in the mail. So here I am all worried that I owe some kind of crazy money from an old blood test or something. So I go on their website and type in the invoice # and lab # that they provided me in their automated message. For some reason, they can show me a fake invoice and how to read it, but they won't show me "my" invoice unless I provide them with my name, social security #, telephone #, and date of birth. Oh and get this: you can make a one time payment without logging in using your invoice # and credit/debit card, but you have to enter in the amount that you want to pay. I pay ALL of my bills online and I have NEVER seen this type of set up before. Typically, an online bill will show you the total amount that you owe and it'll ask you if you want to pay the full balance, minimum payment, or other amount. Online bill pay will usually show you you're bill or statement, too. This is crap. I don't care how many facilities they have, this is a SCAM! They better not call me again. I don't have time to argue with an automated voice.
More Quest Diagnostics SCAM! Complaints & Reviews
- Quest Diagnostics - illegal balance billing 
- Quest Diagnostics - pediatric blood draw 
- Quest Diagnostics - overbilling uninsured 
- Quest Diagnostics - fraudulent billing 
- Quest Diagnostics - wrongful termination 
- Quest Diagnostics - billing charge that I have no record of from quest diagnostics lab 
- Quest Diagnostics - service
- Quest Diagnostics - no notification of $13.74 bill, sent to collections. 
- Quest Diagnostics - billing department
- Quest Diagnostics - home blood draw