Quest Diagnostics SCAM! / false billing - scam!

Springfield, MA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 18002532743

I just received an automated voicemail from Quest's "billing department." First of all, if this was a legitimate invoice that I owed a payment on, I would think that a real live person would call me. Second of all, I never had any services provided to me by Quest Diagnostics or at any of their local facilities. Thirdly, I never received a paper invoice in the mail. So here I am all worried that I owe some kind of crazy money from an old blood test or something. So I go on their website and type in the invoice # and lab # that they provided me in their automated message. For some reason, they can show me a fake invoice and how to read it, but they won't show me "my" invoice unless I provide them with my name, social security #, telephone #, and date of birth. Oh and get this: you can make a one time payment without logging in using your invoice # and credit/debit card, but you have to enter in the amount that you want to pay. I pay ALL of my bills online and I have NEVER seen this type of set up before. Typically, an online bill will show you the total amount that you owe and it'll ask you if you want to pay the full balance, minimum payment, or other amount. Online bill pay will usually show you you're bill or statement, too. This is crap. I don't care how many facilities they have, this is a SCAM! They better not call me again. I don't have time to argue with an automated voice.

Comments

• Ru
      Feb 17, 2012

Quest has sent me a check out of nowhere for $19.49. I won't cash it as it has no explanation why. I assumed this must be something like a settlement for a pending class action case. Quest has billed, double billed, and charged me for services they do not explain. I know they owe us oodles of money in fraudulant billing. I hope they have to repay all they have stolen and triple pay for illegal fees. I am in Massachusetts.

• Mo
      Sep 04, 2018

@ruth.b Yes they do over-bill gouging what they can to make their yearly goals or a bit more than the years before. You get these new billers that think they can bill this way but in reality if they are audited they will have to pay everyone back. They usually have the monies allocated which means the monies will roll over for next year supposedly. I have seen billing companies go to certain employees and ask them to absorb the monies I had no clue what that was because I was new to the billing world. But when I started to understand I ran for the doors. I just did not like billing any longer. What made me get hip to this scam on billers and their departments was I posted the monies and saw monies being minus of every printout of monthly reports and I asked. The employee let me know that this individual was double billing medicare medical and various insurances. If all health insurances would be audited many patients will be owed thousands of dollars back. I do not do billing any longer do to fraud their is fraud in just about everything around us today nothing new and nothing better will happen. So this is why CA and many states need to think about free health care we are all entitled to it. But then drs would be poor and homeless lol and many would be out of high paying jobs. It is the billers that commit the fraud large billing companies are in it to win it is all it is.

• Co
      Jul 20, 2012

Quest Diagnostics have been sending me a bill for lab work requested by my GP. I decided to call after receiving their 'Third Notice' and explained that there was no contractual obligation between them and myself: There was one between my GP and Quest and another between the GP and myself. Threats and arrogance followed. On the following day, my wife received a call from Quest that informed they were sending the bill to collections. I called the GP's office and was advised to forward the bill to that office. I placed a courtesy call to let Quest know what I was advised by the GP's office. Quest maintained that they were sending the bill to Collections. What is it that Quest personnel fail to understand?

• Vi
      Jul 31, 2012

Hi

I have called in multiple times and it has been over a year this issue has been going on.

I have conferenced my insurance and provided EOB, got confirmation from Quest taht i would be getting $200 back, the payment was made double both from me and my insurance.

every time i call i get a response it is being processed. Does it a year to process a payment of $200? Is quest helping patients in this way? would i be given interest on my payment?
    if we dont pay a bill you move it to a collection agency and affect my credit history? where should i move this case too ? does it not affect your credibility ?

I would ensure to post this in all sites so that everyone knows the way you deal with customers with false claims.
    Also i am reporting this to my company HR and insurance company. I personally would not use Quest services hereafter.

• Wr
      Oct 07, 2015

I have a bill from Quest Diagnostics for the full cost of testing PAID FOR BY MEDICARE. Quest is not to be trusted or used, and LabCorp, apparently, is not much better. These two large labs are, if you believe the reports on the internet, engaged in multiple acts of fraud in quite a few states. New Jersey does not appear to be interested in doing anything about these scams.
    -Robert in New Jersey

• Cl
      Nov 30, 2015

I keep getting bills for my daughter although her labs have been completely covered by insurance. Also for my husband. What scares me is they have at least some access to our medical history, even though we do not owe any money. There are tests we have had done listed & some dates are accurate. How are they able to get this information? I have checked with my Doctor & they don't give out the info plus I ask before ANYTHING is run that it is covered by my insurance! This is awful because my husband actually paid them, thinking it was a bill & we would be turned over to collections & now they will not leave us alone.

• Th
      Mar 08, 2016

My husband and I went to Quest to get blood work done. Donna the lady that did my blood work was very nasty to say the least. She wanted me to give her my credit card in case my test were not covered. they would bill credit card. I have Medicare and a supplement policy and blood work was ordered by Dr. I refused to give her my card and told her I would go somewhere else. She said I will wave it this time.. Also I had to sign several papers saying I would be responsible. My husband was getting his blood work done at same time by a different lady. She did not ask him for a credit card or tell him its a new company policy. I tried to call Quest when I got home but after a hour of being shuffled around I gave up. I do not like credit cards so how can Quest refuse someone without credit cards, . I would like to report them but don't know where to start.

• Ka
      Jul 20, 2017

How can you trust a business (Quest Diagnostics), if it allows an established CRIMINAL woman an access to the patient records or tests? That criminal is Marina Noble (former Marine Mkhitaryan, DOB 06/02/1966), an Armenian immigrant who has hardly survived deportation, and now residing in 4 Repton Circle, Apt. 4101, Watertown, MA 02472.

From her country Armenia to the USA, Marina's biography is satiated with multiple crimes: fraud, identity theft, credit card hacking/using, shoplifting, bad wording about everybody, FALSIFYING documents (including medical records, IDs), mail fraud (randomly picking attorney names from the Internet and composing fake letters under their names and without their awareness), prostitution, libels, scandals, slanders, opening fake email account under the names of individuals she knows personally and sending vulgar and hacking emails to others from those fake (impersonating). She has stayed in the USA through IMMIGRATION FRAUD.

Marina Noble came to the USA through Edmund Muskie program (when she did not know a single English word then), violated the 212 E immigration code and stayed after the program (2001-2003) against the regulations of the J1 visa and Immigration Law. She survived deportation by randomly locating an alcoholic unemployed lost person (William Noble from West Yarmouth, MA), dating him when he was still married, breaking his family and marrying him with her pregnancy from another man. The child, Sophia Noble, was born way before their marriage registration. The Immigration has been very nice to her, by closing eyes to her fraud and false intent statement (in waiving the 212E rule) and therefore, we all ended up in an intricate situation when this DANGEROUS CRIMINAL works in Quest Diagnostics.

Marina Noble photographs patient records from Quest Diagnostics and embeds them in her anonymous Internet posts that she opens under various doctors' names to put those doctors in trouble (for breach of privacy, when her targeted doctors remain of those impersonating postings). Marina Noble is a SICK-In-THE-HEAD terror. She must be stopped!

Everybody: follow your citizenship duties and report to the USCIS and Homeland Security about this woman (Marina Noble), so her immigration history and files will be revisited. More likely, she will not be deported as she formed a so-called family in the USA on the ruins of others, but at least she will pay the fine ($20, 000 - $100, 000) for her false intent and for lying to the Immigration Authorities. This is how this country must thrive, by recovering its budget through fining the grand-criminals and allocating the funs for the welfare of children, seniors, and veterans..

Marina Noble is the low, petty and hooligan version of Bernie Madoff. She cannot keep a job as each time she is being kicked out for doc falsifications and fraud.. She has a wealth of criminal records and warrants. Doesn't the Quest D's CEO know this? Formerly, Marina Noble was bragging and false-misrepresenting herself as the owner of Atlantic Clinical Trials LLC (in watertown, MA) then the web-listing of that phantom company was removed by her, after her fraud was released (she would locate random names from cemeteries, or online, and open fake patient records to report to clinical trial agencies that she has performed phase-1 drug efficiency trial on those persons, who sadly would remain unaware that their names being used by that criminal woman). Marine Noble's elder daughter, Azniv Shahverdyan, has also worked shortly with Quest Diagnostics (an entire criminal family attacking on this serious business and patient records...)

Marina Noble's and her daugher Azniv Shahverdyan's pictures are attached below, together with my receipt they have published in the Internet without my consent. WIth that, they did not intent to harm me, yet with that they wanted to harm the doctor under whose name they have published their posts (impersonation, class-3 felony crime).

• Ju
      Jan 09, 2018

Quest Diagnostic, billed the wrong insurance company and when the insurance company did not have me on record, Quest my bill to collections. Now it has been reported to the collection service and is on my credit report as bad debt. It is Quests Error. I would like to do the same to Quest and see how they would feel about being reported for bad debt for something I did in error.. Moreover, the collection company and I both have a phone number that does not allow you to speak to anyone to dispute the bill. I will never use Quest again and I will advise my Doctor's office the same. How many other of my Physician's patients have also been reported to collections for Quest billing Department errors. Does anyone have any phone numbers to reach a live body at Quest? The collection Agency said the info has to go from me to Quest. Then from Quest to them. Then from the collection company to the 3 credit Bureaus. Quest has separate billing departments and the ones with the live bodies cannot fix this. Here is the Bogus customer service #800.758.6047

• Ki
      Oct 11, 2018

I was very sick last year, and was unable to investigate medical bills as they poured in. I paid Quest thousands and thousands of dollars and went deep into debt during that time. My health has since recovered, and recently I had some lab work done which totaled $300, full price/no insurance. I received my real bill for this test a few weeks after receiving a bogus bill from Quest, asking for $3000, for the same test, except they had the wrong date- but they had the rest of my information. I've given a copy to my doctor and they are investigating it. I am furious, because this confirms my suspicion that I was paying out thousands in fraudulent bills last year.