Publix Supermarkets / radiation therapy for a prostate cancer patient!
Company is self insured and administered by BCBS of Georgia. BCBS has refused payment for radiation therapy for a prostate cancer patient. Their excuse is that the treatment is not FDA approved. This is not true because it is covered by Meducare. They consistently pay network providers as out of network. Some claims are refused the same day they are submitted. I have contacted the HR dept of Publix, they sent the letter to the benefits dept. Which netted the same result.
PS: The treatment center that administered the therapy, Inter Community Cancer Centers, was aware of the problem before treatment began but did not inform me until we were well into it. Had I known of the problem I could have sought out alternative treatment. Object lesson--- don't trust anyone!!!
More Publix Supermarkets Complaints & Reviews
- Publix - do they really care about the worker 
- Publix - bad company 
- Publix Spring Water - publix spring water smelled & tasted bad 
- Publix - oasis 
- Publix - politics at publix 
- Publix Super Markets - I am complaining about a recent experience in the publix store located on atlantic blvd in pompano beach, fl.
- Publix Super Markets - publix - produce
- Publix Super Markets - deli
- Publix Super Markets - food rotten, fish rotten, hormell meals rotten continuously
- Publix Bakery Eagles Landing Pkwy - cookie cake