Publix Supermarkets / radiation therapy for a prostate cancer patient!

United States Review updated:
Company is self insured and administered by BCBS of Georgia. BCBS has refused payment for radiation therapy for a prostate cancer patient. Their excuse is that the treatment is not FDA approved. This is not true because it is covered by Meducare. They consistently pay network providers as out of network. Some claims are refused the same day they are submitted. I have contacted the HR dept of Publix, they sent the letter to the benefits dept. Which netted the same result.

PS: The treatment center that administered the therapy, Inter Community Cancer Centers, was aware of the problem before treatment began but did not inform me until we were well into it. Had I known of the problem I could have sought out alternative treatment. Object lesson--- don't trust anyone!!!

N  27th of Dec, 2007 by
Before we moved a year ago we used to go to the store in Riverdale Ga. We stopped because there is an Asian looking lady in the meat deli who would come gather our food with a mouth full of food, eating with food falling out. We complained to the Manager (a young white guy) who went and spoke to her. Another worker said she has had many complaints.

Yesterday I just so happened to be in Riverdale and decided to stop to get some hot food. The same lady came opened her mouth wide to say hi and I saw her chewed food up again and decided to just walk away. I called and spoke to an acting manager name Weslyn who said she would talk to her, I told her that they have done that before and asked for the manager, She said she will tell Thomas Jordan in the morning, but since this has been reported before, I decided to write you instead.

404 392-4663