Publix / bad treatment from manager

1 5500 Military TrailJupiter, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 561 799 3181

I shopped at this Publix and my bill came to $126.10. I was busy entering my credit card information when an employee started assisting the cashier. I had already put much of the groceries in bags. I left the store and when I got to my car I noticed the 4 Roll package of Kleenex Viva Paper Towels was missing. I backtracked to the store with my cart. I told the cashier and the employee that helped told me she put them on the bottom rack of the shopping cart. I explained that they were not in my car and I looked all over the entire path I had taken. She got the manager.

I waited for the manager, Kelly Ortman who went back into the office and came back to tell me I left with the paper towels. I explained that they were missing and that the assistant stuck them on the bottom rack where heavy items like bottled water or Pet Food goes. A light, slippery 4 pack of paper towels may have fallen off, I didn't hear anything and I had already covered the path I had taken to my car. At this point she basically told me that I left the store with the item and there is nothing she can do about it, she was not pleasant about this.

I offered to show them my car to prove that I was no some thief trying to get another 6 dollar package of paper towels. I don't think I've ever made a complaint before but it was the principle and the amount of time I spent going back and forth looking for it. I went back to my car one more time and then back into the store and bought another package, waited in line and went one more time to the service desk to ask if anyone turned them in. At this point they were ignoring me so I asked for the store number: 0756 and the name of the manager. They told me "Kelly" and when I asked for a last name they rolled their eyes and told me,

To add insult to injury, when I arrived home and started carrying the bags, 2 of them broke open because the assistant had stuck 2 gallon water bottles in one flimsy bag. Very bad service and nasty attitude from the manager. I guess the "Customer is always wrong" at Publix in Jupiter.

Pb

Comments

• De
      6th of Apr, 2012

If you want us to believe a story, you can't start off with a statement that is obviously untrue. "I was busy entering my credit card information ". You don't enter any info. You slide the card and press credit. How long can that possibly take? 5 seconds? Nice try.