Having problems with ACME Markets?

ACME Markets reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 1, 2010. The latest review Discriminate was posted on Oct 8, 2021. The latest complaint racism and discrimination was resolved on May 28, 2014. ACME Markets has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 102 reviews. ACME Markets has resolved 1 complaints.

ACME Markets Customer Service Contacts

323 Old York Rd
Jenkintown, New York
United States - 19046

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with ACME Markets Customer Service. Initial ACME Markets complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for ACME Markets above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about ACME Markets. Discuss the issues you have had with ACME Markets and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

ACME Markets Complaints & Reviews

Oct 08, 2021

ACME Markets — Discriminate

Yesterday I went to my neighborhood Acme located at I purchased fall decorations for a city event, @ mum...

ACME MarketsCheckout cashiers

I really feel I need to say something about the checkout cashier service as this is a real problem and I am sorry but the quality of some of the cashiers is less than poor. I was shopping in our local store in Newtown PA after 8:30 pm on 9/18/21. There was only 1 register open and I had to go and find someone to help because they were talking. He seemed annoyed to check me out because I interrupted their conversation. Well anyway, I am handicapped and struggle with walking. I do not use a scooter as using a cart works well for me and I get a little exercise and that is why I go later to do my shopping as I am not rushed by other customers. My question is, why do clerks not do any of the bagging anymore? This cashier piled everything up on the belt for me to bag except for 2 bags which he did (bread and eggs) because I was paying for my order at that time and he watched me while I was bagging the entire time and his face definitely showed annoyance. Isn't this their job and what you are paying them for? Don't get me wrong, but there was no one behind me that we needed to rush and I had too many items to do a self checkout. This really bothered me as there are other cashiers that do the same thing and while we are bagging, they are talking to the cashier next to them. There are a few cashiers I come across that will bag or at least help and I do THANK them for their help. Some cashiers also need to learn to bag. You don't put cleaning items with meat! I sometimes catch them and ask them to put in a separate bag. I spend a lot of money in this store and find the lack of service is making me go to the Giant down the street from me. Sure it may be a few miles more away fro me but it will be well worth it because the cashiers there are very good and take pride in their work!

ACME MarketsHot foods

I have not shopped at Acme for quite a while. I live much closer to ShopRite. I live in Williamstown NJ. I decided to travel to the Acme in Sewell for a fried chicken family meal. It's been a while since I have had one but it was always worth the trip. I went to the store about 5:45 pm on Thursday 8/26/21. I figured the chicken and potatoe wedges would be nice and fresh being it was around dinner time. Boy was I wrong. I got 4 thighs and 4 drums which is what I wanted but it was really dry and the potato wedges were hard and dry. I paid extra so I could have the wedges and they were not even edible. The man behind the counter that waited on me was very miserable, like I was bothering him. We ate a few pieces of the chicken and the Hawaiian rolls and threw the rest out. What a waste of $13.00. Also when I walked into the store, it smelled like a dumpster. It smelled disgusting. This was always one of the nicest stores around. Sorry to say I will not be going back.

ACME MarketsMiss Liz who works in the meat department in Ventnor NJ

Today on August 1, 2021 I encountered Miss. Liz in the meat department. Miss. Liz works in the store in Ventnor City, New Jersey. I couldn't find some soup stock as i wanted to make some soup for a senior parent. I aske Miss. Liz if she worked there and she showed her coat (I didn't assume she worked there she could have been restocking for a vendor) and stated doesn't it look like I work here. Miss. Liz was so rude, nasty and abrupt and basically a bully. When I confronted her and asked why she was speaking to me that way she got nastier.
      I left and went to the frozen food section to continue with my shopping and I was approached by a very friendly and helpful Acme worker named Ruth Anne. Ruth Anne asked if i needed anything and after some thought I requested the manager. Chris the manager came and I told him the story and wanted to show him the woman later identified as Miss. Liz. Miss Liz was awful and even after apologizing continued to say nasty things under her breath. I told Chris that Miss Liz needs better training or to be termed. No customer needs to be treated so rudely. Whatever is going on in her personal life doesn't give Miss. Liz the right to be mean to customers. We all have issues at home we are dealing with don't bring it into the workplace.

Jul 22, 2021

ACME Markets — Store employees

Acme at 6640 Oxford Avenue. There are two african american employees that treat customers like a dog. One...

Jul 14, 2021

ACME Markets — Customer service - hot food dept.

Hello, I Purchased ready made Chicken at Bala Cynwyd Location and Employee Jennifer was very rude to me...

Jul 09, 2021

ACME Markets — Store experience in Vernon, NJ location

July 5 2021, The manager Eileen falsely accused me of stealing an item July 2nd with no proof or due...

Vernon
        Jul 07, 2021

ACME Markets — Store employees

I have complainted about this store previously. It is Acme at 6640 Oxford Avenue Philadelphia, PA. They have...

ACME MarketsManagement

Hello,
        I want to make it noted that I drove all the way to the Acme store on Kirkwood highway which closes at 11 PM. I got there at 10:25 needing to exchange two items and I could not do that because there was no management in the store. The 2 young male employees that were just standing there by the self checkout counters said Customer service closed at 9 PM and there was no manager in the store because they left at 10 PM even though the store is open till 11 PM.
        So I wasted my time and my gas ($2.89 a gal) to go to the store and NOT resolve my issue. Now I need to go back another day, waste more gas and time to resolve this. This is very very disturbing and disappointing that a customer cannot have a problem resolved up to the closing of a store.
        Linda Catinella

Jan 09, 2021

ACME Markets — Customer service/exchange quarters

I've been shopping at Acme Fresh Markets for over 30 years and have spent a bulk amount of my...

Dec 15, 2020

ACME Markets — Service in the lunchmeat department

Around 9:30 am, I went to the lunch meat department and asked for (land o lakes white american cheese) to the...

ACME MarketsMeat department

Acme in pleasant valley shopping center has some of the nastiest employees ever. One woman told me if you don't like it don't buy it. I ask the man what the price on the meat was because it says managers special. 4.99 a lb for ground beef is not a deal. His answer was lady I don't make the prices in disgust. Giant eagle is 2 minutes away and they treat customers in a whole different way. Done with acme.

Sep 25, 2020

ACME Markets — I am complaining about an employee at the cash register by the name amoya.

Today 9/25/20 at 13:41. I came to the register to not be greeted when I said hello how are you. No answer...

Jun 15, 2020

ACME Markets — Rude store personnel

Shopping in store at Cape May Court House . A young woman was bringing out a pallet of tomatoes and I asked...

ACME MarketsProducts Meat Department

I went into the Acme store in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware to purchase meats this week. When I approached the Meat Department your prices were very hight on pork chops Prime rib for example which I want to buy was a 96..00 for 2 1/4 pounds. Prk Chops were extremely high a pack of 8 was over 21.00 dollars.
            I have been coming to Acme every week to shop. I feel the prices have risen over 7 %.
            To feed a family of 4 I walked out of this store payi ng over 150.00 with hardly very little in the Meat Department.
            I dont know how a family of 4 can survive in these time.
            Paychecks are not going up but the supplies and meats have gone up very fast.
            I feel you need to take this in to consideration the next time you buy bulk products.

Apr 15, 2020

ACME Markets — Masks for workers should be mandatory

I do curbside pickup at the Acme in Parma Ohio. Sometimes 2 or 3 people come out with the food. No social...

Mar 31, 2020

ACME Markets — Goldens bridge acme management 3/31/20

I was shopping at the Goldens Bridge Acme today and had a disturbing and potentially dangerous incident...

Goldens Bridge
              Mar 30, 2020

ACME Markets — Lobster claws and lobster tails

Lobsters were made at your store and were spoiled. when I took them out the container it made the house...

ACME MarketsOne of your cashiers (Mercedes) in Jenkintown, PA store was rude

Under all the stress the country is going through at this time. It was so dishearting to have one of your cashiers treat customers so rudely. Mercedes treated the elderly customer in front of me and my husband rudely also. The elderly customer only asked your cashier a questions then Mercedes answered the customer so short. Then we came up to pay for our items your cashier (Mercedes) proceeded to be rude to me and my husbands. Very short as if she did not want to be bothered. I worked in retail for 12 years and I have never treated our guests Mercedes treated your customers. Maybe your team needs some refresher courses in customer service, how to treat customers. Very disappointed with Acme. Hopefully, Acme will retrain Mercedes.

Thought you would want to know how your customers are being treated.

Thank you for your time.

ACME Marketscrazy acme tractor trailer driver

This to register a compliant about an Acme Tractor Trailer Driver recklessly endangering everyone on the road on Tuesday March 10 about 3PM on Forty Foot leading west out of Hatfield, Pa

This lunatic was speeding excessively and weaving between lanes. Almost hit my car but I avoided the collision.

The tractor trailer then turned right on Sumneytown Pike headed for Harleysville, Pa or perhaps the Turnpike.

Please identity and severely punish this maniac. Acme should NOT condone such callous behavior. What ever happened to safety is my goal ???