Popeye's Chicken / rudeness to customers

1 Rayville, LA, United States

An advertisement was presented on local as well as national TV stations announcing a special of 8 pieces of mixed chicken for $4.99 in honor of administrative professionals day on 04/22/2009.

Upon my "attempted" patronage to the Rayville, LA Popeye's to participate in this wonderful deal, I was met with rudeness and curtness the likeness I have never experienced before. This particular franchise chose not to honor this deal - which I can respect however; upon my asking why, I was met with hostility and rudeness by a couple of the staff that frankly baffled me. A simple courteous answer explaining that the owners have the option of honoring any specials or not the franchise may offer would have be sufficient and I would have been satisfied and ordered my chicken at the regular price. However, it was not presented as such and confirms with me that good customer service is something of the past.

Based on the treatment I received, I choose not to patronage this particular Popeye's ever again and will seriously think about going to other Popeye's in the future. A business of this nature should recognize that repeat customer satisfaction is a necessity if they expect to continue to be in business.