PNC Bank — overdraft fees
I opened a joint account with my son so he would have use of an ATM account while in college. We chose PNC bank because his college marketed PNC to freshman as the bank on campus. We were offered the service of overdraft protection where for $36 PNC will cover overdraft fees. I don't believe you should be able to take money out that you don't have so I declined the overdraft protection. I specifically said I do not want him to be able to take money out if it's not there.
I closed the PNC accounts yesterday after paying $140 in overdraft fees. The account was overdrawn $1.84 because it turns out PNC let's you take out between$1 and $25 even if the funds aren't there and then they charge you$ 7.00 per day for every day the account is overdrawn. The account was turned into an online account (not by out request) so I hadn't received a statement and was unaware of the $7 per day charges that were occuring. I received a letter in the mail, went to the bank on the same day and discovered the $140 in fees. What a scam.
I have other accounts at Bank of America, Chase, Magyar, and Financial Resources and have never encountered such a sneaky way of charging fees. I would NEVER RECOMMEND PNC Bank. I asked for certain account limits I was promised and did not receive. I will take this complaint to regulatory agencies.
More PNC Bank Complaints & Reviews
- PNC Mortgage - stimulus modification loan nightmare 
- PNC Mortgage - class action lawsuit anyone? 
- PNC Bank - atm scam 
- Pnc Mortgage - Gary Gottesfeld - pnc mortgage 
- PNC Bank - hsa account 
- PNC Bank - misinformation
- Live Nation- PNC Bank Arts Center - concert on 9/10/16 - cheap trick, joan jett, heart
- PNC Financial Services Group - pnc accepted an altered check and has not reimbursed us
- PNC - questionsable if not fraudulent behavior of staff 
- PNC Bank - arbitrary closing of account