Planet Fitness / bogus charges, shoddy bookkeeping, lying manager & staff

MA, United States Review updated:
The Weymouth, MA Planet Fitness manager canceled my membership after insulting me; I was robbed in early September, had my wallet stolen, and called the gym to change my account number because my card number changed. The girl took my information and assured me I was okay. A week later I get a letter saying my card was declined and I now owe all these fees, because no one put my new information in. I tried to talk to the manager for FOUR WEEKs. I talked to three different people on five occasions who claim to have left messages for him, and stayed on hold for fifteen minutes one day with no one coming back.

The manager claims he never got the messages and that I never called to change my card number. Furthermore, they ran my card a SECOND time, and now I owe for TWO months, one of which I was unable to use because my account was on hold!

I have the police report saying my wallet was stolen, and phone records showing when I called and how long I was on the phone, but I "never called." He yelled at me and said "People like you try to do this all the time." People like me? What innocent people that try to do the honest thing, spending four weeks trying to rectify the situation, only to be talked to like a second rate human being, and have my membership canceled? I wouldn't recommend this gym to my worst enemy.
St

Comments

Nt
  14th of Nov, 2008
I have a similar complaint about the dumpy planet fitness!!
I took over my daughters contract in April 08. I worked out 2 times then didn't go back (knowing I was still paying for this membership I had all intention of going back to the gym at some point) well, yesterday I decided to start working out again and when I checked in at the desk they stopped me and said that my account had been cancelled for lack of payment since june ???? I asked to speak with a manager and there was no manager in, so they took my phone number to have him call me. Well I never heard from him so I called him the next day. When I asked him why he didn't call me back, he said that he did, and that he didn't want to leave a message. He is such a liar. I gave him my cell phone number and waited for his call. He never called!!
I confirmed the card they had on file, but apparently in june I received a new card with the same number just different expiration date. Planet fitness had the original expiration date and never contacted me regarding this. They also had the right address but wrong city in their computer so they said they weren't able to contact me. (even though my contract has the correct city on it) The contract also has my phone number on it and when I asked them why they didn't call me they said they don't call their members?? ok so now the month is November and they said that they can reinstate my contract for 80.00. (even though they cancelled my membership after 3 months) I don't know how this company stays in business but I will predict it won't last for long.
Th
  4th of Feb, 2010
All I can say in regard to Planet Fitness is you get what you pay for. When the "managers" are special needs rejects from Walmart and are paid $8 an hour, you see why they act the way they do. How many pieces of broken equipment did you see on a regular basis? I bet more that a few.

Go find a real health club. There are many honest ones out there who aren't lying ### thieves.

Planet Fitness Logo Planet Fitness