Planet Fitness / bogus charges, shoddy bookkeeping, lying manager & staff
The Weymouth, MA Planet Fitness manager canceled my membership after insulting me; I was robbed in early September, had my wallet stolen, and called the gym to change my account number because my card number changed. The girl took my information and assured me I was okay. A week later I get a letter saying my card was declined and I now owe all these fees, because no one put my new information in. I tried to talk to the manager for FOUR WEEKs. I talked to three different people on five occasions who claim to have left messages for him, and stayed on hold for fifteen minutes one day with no one coming back.
The manager claims he never got the messages and that I never called to change my card number. Furthermore, they ran my card a SECOND time, and now I owe for TWO months, one of which I was unable to use because my account was on hold!
I have the police report saying my wallet was stolen, and phone records showing when I called and how long I was on the phone, but I "never called." He yelled at me and said "People like you try to do this all the time." People like me? What innocent people that try to do the honest thing, spending four weeks trying to rectify the situation, only to be talked to like a second rate human being, and have my membership canceled? I wouldn't recommend this gym to my worst enemy.
More Planet Fitness Complaints & Reviews
- Planet Fitness - annual fee charge 
- Planet Fitness - rude staff and manager! 
- Planet Fitness - be careful when quiting this gym! 
- Planet Fitness - freezing membership! 
- Planet Fitness - billing practices 
- Planet Fitness - manager matt smalley
- Planet Fitness - customer service
- Planet Fitness - facilities
- Planet Fitness - richmond california manager earvin romero
- Planet Fitness - unsafe environment at the gym and bad customer service