Overstock.com / will not exchange!

1 Salt Lake City, UT, United States Review updated:

Do not buy from overstock. com! I purchased an ipod for my husband for christmas. Of course, I purchased it well in time for him to be surprised on christmas day. The first time he plugged it in, it didn't work! When I contacted overstock. com about the error, they refused an exchange! Their reason was that their return policy had expired. It's not a return! You sent me a bad product! Exchange it for one that works! They flat out refused and then had the audacity to offer me $10.00 toward the purchase of another $200 ipod!

Bad business!

Comments

• Lo
      5th of Mar, 2008

I am a former Customer Service Escalation Specialist for Overstock.com. That's a fancy name for a Supervisors Supervisor (they deleted my position since, resulting in my leaving the company in April 07). What you do need to do is write a letter to CEO@overstock.com. This issue will be handled by a specialized team. Their main goal is to resolve these kind of situations, where CS is unwilling to bend the rules. My position, I would have been able to over ride the term of the return policy, depending on the situation and just how upset you were. Email the CEO dept... I'm sure they'll get it resolved and get you an iPod that works.

23rd of Dec, 2010

Overstock deletes bad reviews. I received an item completely different from what was listed, size, color were completely different than what was listed, so I gave it a poor review. A few days later, there it was and I was happy to save someone else the headache of a bad purchase. 4 months later, it's gone and replaced with a glowing review. I had no idea they did that until a I contacted customer service on a different matter and in conversation the rep confirmed they only post positive reviews.