Resolved Overstock.com — Return scam
We ordered a comforter set for our California king sized bed. It was beautiful and we really liked it but it was not the proper size. It was the same size as a standard king sized bed so it would not properly fit. We returned it with the enclosed return label. When Overstock received it they notified us they would only be refunding half the purchase price because a HAIR was found on the product. Yes, we opened the set and laid the comforter over the top of the made-up bed. Obviously it is possible a hair could be picked up. The comforter was made of satin and came in a plastic bag. The resulting static electricity will attract everything. Nothing in their return policies says anything about this type of situation. I called Overstock and complained. The woman said the return department has pictures of the returned comforter with the hair on it. I submit it is not realistically possible to check over an item such as this and not likely pick up something as relatively innocuous as a hair. The lesson learned: Be prepared to use a "clean room" to remove all possible "contaminants" on any item you intend to return to Overstock or be prepared to pay a significant price. We will not be ordering from Overstock in the future.
More Overstock.com Complaints & Reviews
- Overstock.com - Platinum protection plan issues
- Overstock.com - Returning jewelry
- Overstock.com - I am thinking I may have to take them to small claims court
- Overstock.com - Return scam!!
- Overstock.com - Scam
- Overstock.com - Cannot give me a shipping date on a past promised delivery date
- Overstock.com - held funds for order cancelled
- Overstock.com - Never buying from them again.
- Overstock.com - Poor service
- Overstock.com - Incorrect items shipped and bed assembly ridiculously difficult