Having problems with Overstock.com?

Overstock.com Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 843 2446 (Customer Service)
+1 781 575 2879 (Transfer Agent)
799 W. Coliseum Way
Midvale, Utah

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Overstock.com Customer Service. Initial Overstock.com complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Overstock.com above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Overstock.com. Discuss the issues you have had with Overstock.com and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Overstock.com Complaints & Reviews

Overstock.comDelay on delivery

I ordered 1 item on 12/4 and the expected delivery date was 12/11. The order was shipped as 2 packages and only 1 package was delivered on that day. The track info. said both shipped out 9 a.m. at local ups in the city. When contacted Specialist via texting, they could not find the reason and just told me to wait until 9 p.m. The next day on 12/12, the shipping track info. said it was "shipped out 10 a.m." but it is not delivered.
Texting specialist again can't check this and just asked me to wait another day. Also, they told me it takes another 1-4 business day to locate the delayed item and then I can request to return and get a refund. The order for the TV stand and needs to be assembled together. Now, I unpacked the delivered package and put it on the floor with waiting for the 2nd package. Overstock's customer service is not really helping me out to resolve this and they never checked and updated me with the order status. I may have to contact UPS again by myself to figure out. Hope not they kept me in trouble when I try to cancel and return this order.

Overstock.comOrder #[protected]

These are 4 "roshan farmhouse acacia dining chairs" order # [protected], order cost was $ 276.04.. Set of 4 chairs (2 boxes of 2 each). 3 of 4 chairs were defective. I am a union (retired) carpenter (I am frank, andrea's husband) and 2 chairs are almost passable.. The one is absolutely not. The gap at the back of the stress point on the chairs should not exist, they should be tight fitting. This will lead to premature failure. Years ago, I would have made the chairs myself. The quality is not what it should be. I've posted a review & photo's already. Please advise. Photo is of the worst such gap. Your photo limitation of 5 mb. Forced me to 'crop' this photo, & unable to send other 2 (that I did post in my review, online). Thank you

Order #[protected]

Overstock.comarea rug — shipping co. wouldn't deliver and nobody contacted us to let us know!!

Ordered a 9x12 rug in early November -- the second rug of this size purchased in the last few years (the first of which was delivered to Canada without issue).

After several weeks of waiting we just called to find out where it was, and were told that their shipping company decided (weeks ago!) that it was too big to go through the border and sent it back to Overstock. NO contact to us was made. Our credit card was charged. Had we not taken the initiative to call back we never would have known! Customer service was very rude. Told us since our last order they changed shippers. Like that's somehow our problem!!

Now we are waiting on a call back from someone named "Julia" (they wouldn't disclose any additional contact info) to determine what to do next. We are *incredibly* unhappy with this experience and would never do this again.

Overstock.comWampat black farmhouse wood tv stand for 75 inch flat screen-73 inches

I have tried to talk to customer service and they keep sending me to this marketplace customer service team that says they have cancelled this order but last night I came home and the order was in my garage. I am upset that I am going to have to pay to return this when I was told it would be cancelled. I am also upset it even came when I was told repeatedly it wouldn't.

Wampat black farmhouse wood tv stand for 75 inch flat screen-73 inches
        Wampat black farmhouse wood tv stand for 75 inch flat screen-73 inches

Oct 17, 2020

Overstock.com — Charges for the cancelled order no [protected]

I live in the UK and have a villa in the Caribbean. As most of my villa equipment and decoration are...

Overstock.comAlexander home karla traditional area rug, item # [protected]

I originally purchased this rug on 7/27/20. I received my purchase but it was the wrong rug. Since then, I have reordered the rug two more times and received the same wrong rug two more times. I would normally just get my money back and find something else but have my heart set on this rug. However, I am beyond losing my patience. I have spoken to customer service and twice they claim it has been referred to the tier two group and they will investigate it and make sure I receive the correct rug. I'm my last conversation, the representative told me to hold on to the incorrect rug until my correct rug gets to me and then they will have UPS pick up the incorrect rug to send back. It completely boggles my mind how can this be so difficult? The rugs have different bar codes and model numbers, so someone is obviously dropping the ball so. where along the line. Someone please help!!!

Sep 16, 2020

Overstock.com — 7 piece dining set order

About 3 weeks ago I placed an order from Overstock.com for a 7 piece dining set for the price of 547.00, I...

Overstock.comProduct not delivered

I ordered 2 box fans and was charged for two. Overstock shipped 1 fan but the label on the box indicated 2 fans! Contacted overstock customer service who blamed ups, the shipper and alden promised to ship the missing fan immediately. After 2 weeks and hearing nothing regarding shipping of the replacement fan, I called overstock.com customer service and was told by jason that they were investigating the incident. A company as big as overstock.com is worried about a missing $33 fan!!! My advice, stick with amazon and stay away from these fly by night discounters!

Sep 07, 2020

Overstock.com — Used products sold as new; horrible customer service

Ordered an office chair and folding table from Overstock. Products listed as new. What I received was not...

Jul 21, 2020

Overstock.com — Cannot give me a shipping date on a past promised delivery date

Specifically purchased 2 framed pictures for 1-2 day delivery. I tried the online chat for shipping info. I...

Jul 18, 2020

Overstock.com — Order #[protected] liam swivel chairs

I placed the above order for the Brown/Ceramic Gray Swivel Chairs which showed "in stock." When I received...

Overstock.comI never get question that pertains to my problem

When tracking order it was sent to my name not daughters had to send to mainland billed my credit card she had not received it it should be in her name if you cant ship to me when I shop says free shiping when I decide what I want say dont ship hawaii I sdont want to shop from you anymore its too much time no place to just contact not right questions asked

Jun 30, 2020

Overstock.com — Online purchase

Overstock has failed to reimbursed $570.28 after I've cancelled the order withing a 12 hours frame of an...

Overstock.comOverstock making it impossible to return item

I wanted to return an item. However, the item is not listed in my account for me to "simply" return it. I have been dropped several times in calls and only get in an automated loop anyways and I have been "texting" customer care for over an hour with extreme lag times from the person on the other side, only able to connect once (out of five) times to chat - which she closed the chat on me. This is ridiculous.

Overstock.comBusiness practices

Once you open an account with Overstock.com they sell your information. I have now had 4 companies spam me with messages because Overstock sold my information. They are:
                  CaseSecrets.com
                  KrasivaSoaps.com
                  HealthProtective.com
                  Rejuvenation.com
                  I have contacted Overstock.com repeatedly and requested to stop this and remove my email from any lists and to this day they are still selling my information. Because of this, I will never purchase from them again. This is unacceptable, unprofessional, and unethical business behavior.

Buyers Beware. Your information will be sold.

Overstock.comI ordered 2 bracelets

I ordered 2 bracelets only recieved one but still being charged for over $200
                    I called several times and asked where the second bracelet was and coud not get through. I wrote in to Commenity the bank that holds the credit asked them to cancel the card and refund my money they still have not and expect me to pay for something I never got and report me that Im late to the credit bueros

Overstock.comA cleaner

I ordered a cleaner for a gift, I was then told by my freinds they already had it. In 1 hour I called overstock to cancel athe order. I was firste told it had already shipped, I told them I didnt believe it, then they said a label had been made and it hadnt shipped. A billion dollar comapany and they cant cancel order. They lied to me more than once and I told them i would not pay for and will refuse the order. I have spent $1000 of dollars and this it how they reapy a ghood customer. There "Customer Care department doesnt really vare and could not be any more unhelpful

Jan 29, 2020

Overstock.com — Overstock's "platinum protection plan"

On October 4th, I contacted Overstock.com after the bottom of a futon frame that I had purchased on June 12...

Overstock.comExtortion tactics and harassment

I have been harrassed by the billing department for some time now.

They were suppose to draw funds from my checking account while I was on a payment plan then stopped drawing funds near the end of the bill and are now harrassing me for the last part of that bill and the incurred late fees they orchestrated.

It is absolute extortion and I will not be paying it.

Today they somehow got my boyfriend's phone number and are now harrassing him.

I have been a loyal patron and have purchased many things here and paid far beyond what these items cost and I will never order anything from Overstock ever again.

I'll also be filing a formal complaint with the BBB.

Overstock.comCancelled order but was still charged

I placed an order on june 16th for a fireplace book case. The site said 4-7 week till delivery. On june 19th I received the credit card bill for product I did not yet have.
                          On july 17th I cancelled this order after the 2 credit bill arrived.
                          The product never arrived the order was cancelled, but overstock credit card keeps charging me for product I do not have. The tracking provided does not show a signature for verification of delivery to my address and they claim product shipped the next day. It did not I stay at home so I know if the product would have been delivered. The order is cancelled, you need to notify your credit card company to apply credit to my account for this whole situation.