Orbitz / Handling of canceled flight

1 Menomonee Falls, WI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 414-358-6625

I bought round trip tickets through Orbitz in early June for June 13 from Colorado to Wisconsin returning on June 30. Two days before the return flight on the 30th, I called Orbitz to let them know I had to cancel that flight. They assured me that I could apply some amount to another flight minus about $150.00. They assured me I would have no trouble.

On July 16th, I called Orbitz to apply what they owed me to another flight on the same airline (United). Though they said they had a record of my calling, they had no record of my canceling the flight. They even got a United person on line too to tell me no way were they giving me credit because I did not cancel within 24 hours. Now I know Orbitz says they record all calls so I am sure they have the recording of my cancellation but I cannot prove it. Why else do they think I was calling two days before the flight if not to cancel it. Anyway, the people were rude, abrupt, abusive and foreign. I will never, never have anything to do with Orbitz again. They should be prosecuted!!!

Comments

• Oh
      18th of Nov, 2008

People call about their flights all the time, to see if the airline did a schedule change. To ask about how much it would cost to change the dates and times, etc. And, they advise that the call MAY be recorded for training purposes. They never said they recorded every call.