Orbitz / Another credit card charged and no room booked!

1 United Arab Emirates Review updated:

I booked a reservation through Orbitz for the Dubai Palm. (December 26th, 2007) My card was charged but when I arrived at the hotel - no such reservation existed. The hotel said they did have rooms though (After 45 minutes of not being able to contact Orbitz) but it was significantly higher than my original booking. I then had to find another hotel in this country and it was a little more expensive.

Now, the hard part is getting my money back. I had to call 3 times before anyone even followed through with my complaint. On the third time I demanded to speak with a supervisor. This is also costing me a fortune in overseas calls. And what do I get? The India call center and a supervisor I can not even understand. His English was so terrible we ended up exchanging email addresses because we could not understand each other.

After weeks of emails, I sent all the receipts they asked for. And I still have them emailing me that they did not receive any receipts to refund me. By this time I was livid. I sent the same email 3 times attached to the email trail proving I had sent the receipts. I still hear NOTHING. So after 4 days I emailed them asking if they have confirmation of the receipts. Again, I hear nothing for days. My last email told them I was reporting them to the BBB (By the way there are a lot of complaints for Orbitz) and guess what... 2 days later I have my credit. But still I have not heard back from them. They also told me they would compensate me for the price difference but they did not. And that is fine. I will never use them again. I would recommend you not use them either.

Comments

• Mi
      22nd of Oct, 2007
    Orbitz - Another credit card charged and no room booked

Count me in as another victim of the "credit card charged and no room booked" Orbitz fiasco. This happened to me last weekend (Oct. 20, '07) in Birmingham, AL. I got to the Redmond Hotel and they had no record of my reservation despite my credit card payment to Orbitz and subsequent confirmation. I had to wait 30 minutes while the mess was cleared up (the hotel clerk finally called Orbitz and got the confirmation that way - despite the Orbitz print out that I presented). Thankfully, the hotel was not sold out or I would have been totally out of a room. My email complaints to Orbitz in the aftermath have yielded the exact same form letter twice (in the same thread!). Traveler beware. Skip Orbitz.

• Gi
      19th of Feb, 2008

I had a terrible experience with Orbitz. They charges my credit card without providing service then told me it will take 3-5 days to resolve. In the meantime I was unable to use my credit card and hence could not travel during my vacation. I was willing to pay at time of booking as specified in their terms provided that confirmation for travel and accommodation were also received. If no confirmation is possible then how can they expect to chrage you. DISGRACEFUL, i cannot understand how this is allowed in th US. i will never use them again and will let everyone in the world know!

• La
      15th of May, 2008

When you book a hotel reservation on Orbitz.com a confiramtion was sent to the hotel. I believe orbitz provide system/tool to the hotel so hotel will be able to see all reservations booked with orbitz. Hotel also used this tool to put their inventories and about the hotel.