Orbitz / Another credit card charged and no room booked!
I booked a reservation through Orbitz for the Dubai Palm. (December 26th, 2007) My card was charged but when I arrived at the hotel - no such reservation existed. The hotel said they did have rooms though (After 45 minutes of not being able to contact Orbitz) but it was significantly higher than my original booking. I then had to find another hotel in this country and it was a little more expensive.
Now, the hard part is getting my money back. I had to call 3 times before anyone even followed through with my complaint. On the third time I demanded to speak with a supervisor. This is also costing me a fortune in overseas calls. And what do I get? The India call center and a supervisor I can not even understand. His English was so terrible we ended up exchanging email addresses because we could not understand each other.
After weeks of emails, I sent all the receipts they asked for. And I still have them emailing me that they did not receive any receipts to refund me. By this time I was livid. I sent the same email 3 times attached to the email trail proving I had sent the receipts. I still hear NOTHING. So after 4 days I emailed them asking if they have confirmation of the receipts. Again, I hear nothing for days. My last email told them I was reporting them to the BBB (By the way there are a lot of complaints for Orbitz) and guess what... 2 days later I have my credit. But still I have not heard back from them. They also told me they would compensate me for the price difference but they did not. And that is fine. I will never use them again. I would recommend you not use them either.
More Orbitz Complaints & Reviews
- Orbitz - Horrifying service, dishonesty, scams 
- Orbitz - Price Assurance scam 
- Orbitz - Orbitz access America insurance scam 
- Orbitz - Credit card charged, no hotel room booked! 
- Orbitz - annoying promo Emails 
- Orbitz - overcharging and misrepresentation of hotel policies
- Orbitz - flight refund or avoid connection made by mistake
- Orbitz - car rental
- Orbitz - charging twice for the same tickets for international and they have no idea how this happened 
- Orbitz - incorrect reservations