Olive Garden / poor service/poor quality of food

1 Sandy, UT, United States Review updated:

I had the displeasure of visiting Olive Garden on 11/9/2016 at 10540 S State Street, Sandy, Utah . We were seated in what appears to be the "forgotten" corner near the kitchen. We got our drinks and appetizers nearly 20 minutes after ordering. We were a party of 2. As other patrons came in they were all seated in the section in front of us with attentive servers. Not only did we order full entrees and NOT get our food but 4 other tables that were seated well after us in the "good section" had their full entrees while we on the other hand were still waiting for a simple drink refill. We were the only ones secluded from other people, we were the only ones without a waiter actively helping us, and the 3 token breadsticks we did receive were old, hard, dry, and crunchy as though they were warmed leftovers. After over an hour without proper service or our entrees I asked for the manager. The complaint to the female manager on duty fell upon deaf ears as she walked over in a defensive manner with a sneer, a furrowed brow, and a fake smile as if we were bothering her. She was kind enough only after I accused her staff of racial discrimination and putting us in the "back of the bus" with substandard food that she decided to "comp" our Cokes and appetizer. Perception is everything! This was my personal experience and my perception of what happened with Olive Garden in Sandy. I hope they get better training on how to treat and serve their customers.

Ke
Nov 10, 2016

Comments

• Wi
      10th of Nov, 2016

Racial discrimination. Of course it was. It can not possibly have a thing to do with what you ordered.