Complaints & Reviews

bad service/bad wine

I went recently for my mothers birthday to have a nice family dinner. We were asked by our waitress if we would like to sample wine and we said yes. She poured us a little and when we tasted it, it tasted like water. We don't know if it was actually water instead of wine, but when we told our server she just shrugged and didnt even offer to change the wine or get another sample for us. Also she failed to ask if we wanted refills on our drinks and never brought us any. To end the bad service, when we told the waitress it was my mothers birthday and we expected her to get a dessert and receive a song from the staff, she didnt get anything. I dont understand why other people got a song for their birthday and my mother didnt. And apart from that we were charged for the dessert! If I would have known that they were going to treat us like this i would have bought a dessert from the grocery store and sang myself instead! When we went to dinner we expected to have a good time, but instead we got a server who just wanted to get us out of there as fast as she could, she had no attention to detail and my mother had an awful birthday dinner due to her rushing.

• IrishChick Jun 03, 2011

They charged me for my b-day dessert and didn't sing to me either. I don't think that is something they normally do at Olive Garden. And the wine samples are free, so unless you are planning on buying a glass they usually will give only a small sample. Olive Garden is always extremey busy so the waitress may have had too much to handle with tables. The only thing you can do is contact the manager about your experience there and hopefully left a small tip for the waitress.

• Ke
    kensie007 Jun 08, 2011

Do you really think the Olive Garden staff care it is your mother's birthday? Let me tell you they don't, and why should they? Honestly, the birthday song and free cake thing for an ADULT is so irritating. And BTW if you don't want to spring for a $5 dessert for your own mother on her birthday then why the hell should Olive Garden foot the bill for your tightwad ways? Get a life cheapskate.

refused service

My mother, sister, niece, and her son, and his friend were refused service at the Olive Garden at 47 in Broadway in Wichita Kansas. This happened on Monday May 23. Two groups arrived at Olive Garden separately. The first group was composed of my great nephew and his friends. The second group was my mother, sister, my niece and my ex-brother in law and his wife. The second group arrived about 30 minutes after the first group. The first group had been seated but no one had come to take their order. The second group was seated and a waitress had come, but quickly left. The waitress came back after a few minutes and said that the manager had told her not to take any orders. Both groups of people promptly got up and left. No reason was given as to way service was being withheld.

food

me and my family usually love olive garden but this is the 2nd time this has happened and i didn't say anything at the restaurant because they were very busy but 2 times thats ridiculous me and my 5 family members waited 45 min to be seated and it took 45 min to get our food i had ordered the sampler with the calamari, stuffed mushrooms, and ravioli and it came back cold and chewy...so did my sons, we sucked it up and ate it but this is ridiculous when we go out we pay alot of money and it would be nice to have good food and service for the price were paying. thank you

• Tu
    Turtle73 May 04, 2011

I think customer service in general has gone way down in recent years. All restaurants are asking outrageous prices for crappy quality. I have almost stopped going out to eat completely. Olive Garden lost my business years ago.

• Po
    pobarjenkins May 04, 2011

What time did you go? Were you given one of those electronic alert devices for when they could seat you? If you waited 45 minutes to be told anything, then that is a valid complaint. If you went during a rush hour and had to wait 45 minutes becaues all tables were full then that is not valid.

However the wait for the food is rather long. You should have refused your cold food or asked for management though. They can't resolve an issue they do not know about.

• BEST SPIRITUALIST MAHIYAAB.COM May 04, 2011

am thomas as for me on spiritual goods i go for mahiyaab.com coz they are very good

Marge Gunderson May 23, 2011

The appetizers came back cold and chewy and so did your sons? How is it Olive Garden's fault that your sons were cold and chewy?

And yes, if it's "very busy" as you describe it, you're going to wait for your food and for a table that holds six.

don't work there

Darden (olive garden) in louisville, ky has worked me and will not pay me. owe me

4 weeks pay. no one will get this straighten out.. ask dozens of time..

Last time paid was 1-9-11. manager keep saying will get it fix.

This rest. is located on outer loop, louisville, ky. whole rest. is mess up

Needs new management. darden olive garden rest. treats it employee badly...

Needs someone to come and straighten this whole mess out.

Needs people to quit going to this rest. until management starts treating

Employees fair.

Needs help on getting my back pay and treating me right...

bad food

I was a big fan for Olive Gardens for a number of years, this all ended February 14th 2011, and yes that’s right Valentine’s Day. Your restaurant made a romantic meal in to the worst dining experience EVER!
My wife ordered Seafood Alfredo, and I ordered Pear & Gorgonzola Ravioli with shrimp, with salad and bread sticks.
We requested our dressings on the side and was will to pay for extra olives, the salad came to the table pre-dressed with a dressing neither of us ordered, this was taken away and replaced, this time without olives, when the olives arrived they were frozen solid, after a short argument to what is frozen and what is chilled they were replace with what I would call microwaved this made the olives taste similar to turpentine, I asked for some Olive Oil and herbs to have with my bread, after what seemed like hours the waiter arrived with an empty bottle of oil and no herbs, another waiter noticed this error and did her best to fix it. Then the bread rolls arrived these were so salty it almost made me choke, well after all this the main course arrived, the Seafood Alfredo, the pasta was over cooked the shrimp was small and the scallops were the size of peas and required a search party to find them. The Pear & Gorgonzola Ravioli with shrimp, this sounded like a wonderful dish, what I got looked nothing like the picture or description, the sauce was so watery and tasteless, the shrimp was so small I think you should rename them Flea, the Ravioli was over cooked and the pear was cold. At this point I was so angry that I got up and wanted to leave, this was not how I wanted a romantic dinner to end.
The only good that came out of my day was a manager called David Davis, who refunded my meal and said that he was sorry. My final comment is that while Olive Garden will not go out of business by loosing me as a loyal customer, during the course of my day I meet a number of people and if asked where is a good place to eat your restaurant will not be on my list of places to send anyone.

• Pl
    playpiano89 Feb 17, 2011

Obviously you weren't such a "loyal" customer if you are never going back due to ONE bad experience. Not to mention it was on their busiest day of the year. The manager did the best he could to address the problem in giving your money back and apologizing for the bad experience.

• Un
    uni1234 Feb 28, 2011

The shrimp and scallops have been the same size for the last 5 years I've been there. The number has been identical each time too. The ravioli was over cooked but the pear was cold? The pear is in the ravioli so I guess it's possible they ran out of ravioli and didn't allow them to thaw completely before boiling but that's unlikely considering on V-day we overprep everything. Why didn't they bring your oil and spices??? Because we aren't Carrabbas or Macaroni Grill. We give you bread sticks with garlic salt and butter. They give you bread with oil and spices. You want dipping sauce order alfredo (which I'm sure you love considering your meal selection). Can't explain frozen olives. They go from a can in the back to a pan on ice. How was your seafood alfredo sauce? Because it's identical to the sauce on your ravioli yet you didn't complain about that. You want bigger shrimp ask for grilled shrimp. And the picture clearly and accurately shows the size of the shrimp and scallops in the dish. Finally, your meal was free, you came to OG for Valentines Day, a complete embarrassment in my opinion which clearly shoes your unwillingness to treat your wife to an expensive dinner she assumingly deserves. Next year go to the store, buy parmesan, butter, cream, garlic, the biggest shrimp and scallops they have ($13 a lb most likely) a box of fettucini, bag of salad, tomato, olives, whatever dressing you claim you didn't get and make the meal yourself. Guaranteed you'll spend more than the $30 you could have spent at OG, but I'm sure it'll taste delicious.

• Bl
    blahwolf Jun 02, 2011

Lol... you, the complainer, are exactly the kind of person that people like me, who work at the Olive Garden, hate and make fun of every day. You sound like the type of person who will always find something to complain about. The world owes you a living, huh baby. Valentine's Day is the single busiest day of the year for us. And it SUCKS. the kitchen is backed up and behind by at least a half an hour, some servers are so stressed that they break down and cry or shake or curse when they leave the dining room, and the hosts are all trying to mantain composure while we deal with stupid ignorant people yelling at us because they think we are making them wait longer than they think we said it would be. It's not our fault when your party of 3 turns into a 7 and we can't get you in in 40 minutes. Sometimes yes we do go over quote, but it's not a science, it's an educated guessing game! How are we supposed to know which tables will leave in an hour, and which will camp there for 2 and a half? We make the best judgement we can and HOPE that the other guests will leave so we can seat you in time.

Our shrimp and scallops for the Seafood Alfredo have always been the same size. And like uni said, we aren't the freakin Macaroni Grill. We don't even have fresh garlic or herbs just laying around in the back, we pre-make everything, and yes if you ask for olive oil for dipping you are going to get plain olive oil because THAT'S WHAT WE HAVE. I regret your sauce ended up watery, it just happens sometimes, and the manager comped your meal. What more do you want? As for the salad, when it's busy we have a salad person making all the salads, the servers are up to the mercy of how much dressing they end up throwing quickly onto the salad. In all the business you server prob forgot to ask the salad person for your special request, or the salad person forgot, or maybe their english was poor and they didn't understand. You have no idea how many little things have to go right in order for a dining experience to be absolutely perfect.

We try as hard as we can. And sometimes things go wrong. Sometimes it's the server's fault, sometimes it;s the kitchen's fault, sometimes things just happen. Sometimes the guest is wrong because they don't know how to effectively communicate what they want. I guess my point is, you're not the only one to have things go wrong at an Olive Garden, but there are actually a lot of REAL loyal customers who have mostly wonderful experiences. it is truly a great restaurant, a great place to work, and incredibly clean environment... The only downside is that when it is busy, things fall apart sometimes, and there are some truly horrible customers who I would never wish on any restaurant anywhere. Because of a certain total freak of a lady, I stopped serving and went to just hosting for a long time. Serving pays more, but because I grew to hate certain customers so much, I couldn't stand it. I took the pay cut.

Sorry about the random rant... but I defend my restaurant when I know we are awesome and always dedicated to making the customer happy. Tho there are people who will NEVER be pleased.

bad service, spill things on customers

well i had a bad experience here. the server sara she ended up spilling sauce all over me and didnt care to do anything to wipe it off. it was a bad experience. this is a good restaurant and service is very good but sometimes some of the servers are just ridiculous. How can someone spill sauce all over a customer and not even care. She in fact was almost ridiculing me and smiling and seemed glad she did it. It was all over my jeans and the seat and she didnt even clean it off. then she almost did it again by pulling a bowl out from under me, and almost getting my arm soaked in it. Let's mess up one thing with another i guess...it was upsetting. It wasnt good service at all and I hope servers like that learn to treat people with respect. the management was very nice though...and did everything to make it better

• Lu
    lucy83_ Dec 22, 2010

really? you're sure she wasn't...and how would you know stealth..you're some loser and ### who sits here commenting on half the posts it seems. First off, get a life and stop giving your -5 sense here...you have no common sense and are blatantly stupid and repulsive, and no one is interested in your ignorant nonsense. Also she didnt jsut spill it on me, she did on the seat and expected me to clean up the seat, which is what I was talking about. And its a server's job to clean up a spill, or do something about it at least not just walk off. And no I would never spill something on someone and barely apologize and leave them sitting in pasta sauce, that would be appalling, but im sure you would since you seem very mean, ignorant, and a total ###. You don't know what you're talking about and only say the wrong thing to make people look bad. Get help fast because you are so rude and stupid it's pathetic...

• Ih
    IHATELUCY Jun 08, 2011

i hate you lucy. good job stealth.

small dish

I order the seafood alfrado, and my husband ordered shrimp premivara and the amount on the dish was very small compaired to what we are used to gettting at the olive garden. We had a guest with us and she also ordered the shrimp premivara. We were very embarrassed. We mentioned it to the waiter and he brushed us off without answering. We are not big eaters and are every thing on our plates and were still not full. In the seafood Alfrado there were only four very small Shrimp and four small scallops on the plate. Very disapointed at this Olive Garden.

food poisoning: stuffed mushrooms!!

Ate the stuffed mushroom appetizer, no drinks other than water and have been sick, dizzy, unable to eat...

bad bad nasty food

I have eaten at concord olive garden many times. This visit was 8 people for a b/d party, realling bragging...

bad service

On June 7th, 2010 I was taken my 3 kids to olive garden in Arlington, Texas @ around 6pm {Cooper & I20}...

food poisoning

On Feb.15, my wife and I had supper at your restaurant.For an appetizer we both had your mussels.About 3...

poor service

Our server, Whitney, stood 5 feet from the table as if she was repulsed by us, going over the 2nd menu of specials. We couldn't hear her at all. This was very strange as we are clean, neat people. She did not check on us at all during the meal. She took our plates away before we were done eating. I wish we could have finished our meal, since we paid for it.

Anonymous Mar 29, 2010

It's called saying "I'M NOT FINISHED YET."

• Og
    OGservergirl Jun 09, 2010

Exactly... why didn't you say you weren't finished eating. She definitely should have asked before taking your plate away, but you really should have said something...

Also... why do you jump to the conclusion that she was repulsed by you? Maybe she forgot to brush her teeth that day... or maybe she was new... or jusy shy... or both

manager was not professional

we went out to dinner to olive garden. we were 8 persons. there werent too many costumers that night. we had...

bad service!

I am not sure how they train their servers but our waiter was barely there. Our drinks were brought by the...

bad service

So regular friday night dine out with my wife, we decided to go italian. Great so we went to the olive garden.

Everything was great `till some manager how`s mane is `shalom` came over to our table and asked us how the meal was? He was staring at my wife breast and ask her if she was enjoying the meal! Normally I would go crazy but I did not wanted to ruin the night!

• Ka
    karleebarlee Sep 30, 2009

maybe you misread his eye direction? otherwise, the guy was just a tool. ignore him. get over it. do you think that men never look at your wife?

• Ju
    -JustBrowsin- Nov 01, 2009

Okay, first two people are stupid. I agree with karleebarlee- you might have just misread where he was looking. Of course, if he really was looking... while that makes him a perv, it's unrealistic to think that he's the only guy in the world dirty enough to look at your wife, especially if she's well-endowed or wearing shirts that show cleavage. Just brush it off, and if it happens again, consider getting your wife new tops.

• Ag
    Ageorge Aug 04, 2011

I dined at your restaurant in Florida and I ordered a beer with my food. I was dining with my 10 year old daughter. I went to the washroom after I had eaten my meal and when I returned I found my daughter drinking my beer. What kind of restaurant allows someone under the age of 21 to drink? I wonder how many employees went past my daughter and did not stop her from drinking. For those of you who don't live in the US the legal age of drinking is 21. My daughter was too young to drink and yet none of the employees who saw her asked her to stop. Just shows you how Olive Garden lacks care and concern about their diners". Sure they ask for ID when a person looks like they are under the age of 21!. However they clearly knew that my daughter was under the age of 21 and should not have drank my beer". This clearly shows that the employees need retraining". We are not talking about a teenager here who could pass for 21 we are talking about a 10 year old girl who clearly looks young.. Someone who isn't even in Junior High?. Why did none of the employees stop her". Clearly I should have enough faith in mankind to do something to stop a child from drinking, . I guess it is not safe for a parent to use the washrrom at Olive Garden.

hair in soup

A friend and I were having soup and salad at Olive Garden. She noticed a curly gray hair floating on top of...

headache

Tried to get coupons by joining the Olive Garden Newsletter which sends you an email to confirm subscription, when clicking on the confirm subscription it takes you to wikipedia for subscription...what the??

Guess they just want you to pay the full price for their items! Along with a headache...it's what you get for being cheap or frugal!

• Ad
    adoho Sep 02, 2009

Wow, you are an idiot...

• binder Sep 02, 2009

Being known as "cheap" and "frugal" are not positive terms to be associated with.

I just signed up for their newsletter. You're emailed confirmation that you did indeed sign up for the newsletter, and there is nothing you need to click in that email to confirm the subscription. Nor were there any rogue wikipedia re-directing links on the sign up page. ###.

Next time you fabricate a complaint, make sure it's not something that can be easily verified & disproven.

• Bl
    blinder Nov 21, 2010

Binder has once again proven the theorem I+A=D. Internet+Anonymous=[censor]

cold food, management

Valentines Day nightmare. I ordered a steak and my wife ordered the kabobs. Both were to be cooked medium...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices