Nicor Advanced Energy / Misleading/Overcharging Billing
Nicor Advanced Energy sends misleading bills so that the consumer has no idea what they are paying and to whom. After several months of consistant bills of $80, the December bill was $300. The bill was based off an estimated read, so we requested an actual. We were told by the operator to wait until new read to pay bill. After read, we got a bill for usage since estimated read. We asked for bill showing last actual to current actual to verify. When we received that bill, it was paid in full and received on 10Mar09. On 17Mar09, letter sent saying we still owed $250 by 28Mar09 or service cut off. On same day, received new bill saying only $90 past due and that another estimated read was performed, adding $350 to the bill. Bills do not show past billing, only current, you have no idea where billing is coming from, where it gets paid to: no way to directly link usage to amount paid. Also, charged $100 late fee for unpaid balance after operator said to wait. When asking to cancel, told it is $20 per month until end of contract. We have a brand new house that was constructed to be energy efficient and we know we are paying too much. From $80/month to $300/month, and we are trapped unless we pay $140.
More Nicor Advanced Energy Complaints & Reviews
- Nicor Gas - gas bill/shut off 
- Nicor Gas - poor service, refusal of service 
- Nicor Gas - Service Shut off- After Arrangement 
- Nicor Gas - Nicor Gas Bill 
- Nicor Advanced Energy - Missleading Information 
- Nicor - gas turned off
- Nicor Gas - fraud department not responding
- Nicor Gas - the nicor gas service that's being shut on at 682 e. sibley dolton il 60419 hse 
- Nicor Gas - overcharges-disputing refund.
- Nicor Gas - nicor service