Nicor Advanced Energy / Missleading Information

1 IL, United States Review updated:

Nicor Advanced Energy poses as the answer to the rising cost of home heating. However they are a part of Nicor Inc. During the transistion from one program to the next, you will be billed for usage plus fees and when you try to pay, your money is not allacated as you perscribe but is paid to Nicor Gas for whatever balance owed. Nicor Advanced Energy whom you are making payments to turns the money of to Nicor Gas and cancells you for nonpayment and adds on more fees for cancelation of contract. Even though this is all part of Nicor Inc.

Comments

• Gu
      27th of Jan, 2010

I cannot believe that Nicor would put their name, their ethics and their corporate integrity on such a shoddy rip-off.

This is not capitalism, this is clear theft by deception. No less

I compared the last 4 years of therms/cost for my townhouse from Nicor (parent) and the therm/cost from this shoddy little store front called "NAE" that they have set up on the side. For "protection" from the rising cost of energy, I would have paid an additional $125.00/year, every year for 4 years.

Protection from what? Spending that money on something I really needed.

The scam is in the verbage. They use words and phrases like "protection" and "peace of mind" to lead you into believing that you are somehow in better control of costs.

Don't believe it for a second.

Their "locked" rates are set so high that costs would have to literally explode before your "protection" materializes, and don't even expect to keep that locked-in rate next contract year if energy costs begin to rise. Also note that their "delivery" rates are higher than the parent. Same pipes, same meter, same gas... you simply pay more to get it on your NAE bill.

• Ri
      13th of Oct, 2016

This company is a total rip off . I told you would only receive one bill but that was not the case. I had a friend that informed me that you would get a bill from NAH and from Nicor gas. Sure enough, I got a call from NAH and I asked them that question and the person on the phone lied. How do I know this you may ask. My neighbor fell for their scam and was sent two bills. One from NHA and one from nicor gas. This company is a scam from the get go. This is what happens when deregulation was allowed for utility companies.