Netspend / unreasonable fees and horrible customer service!

1 IL, United States Review updated:

These scam artists impose unreasonable fees and when you call up to straighten things out, you will be treated horribly by inept customer service reps and will be constantly disconnected. You will then have to call back and wait on hold again for another 10 minutes. I was disconnected 6 times in one day. Worst customer service ever.

Comments

• Cr
      19th of Jan, 2008

ALWAYS communicate with financial institutions via POSTAL mail (paper).

26th of Apr, 2009

I have been using netspend forever and I have no problems at all! I know one thing though; standard banks and alot of vendors out there dont' like netspend because they can't overdraft your account!!! They don't care if it overdrafts your account, all they care about is getting the money for the transaction and standard banks will run the biggest charges first and then run all the small charges causing an overdraft on all of the small charges afterwards.

I haven't had any problems with my account, and I will gladly pay for the fees so I dont' have to worry about the bank screwing me somewhere else! Nothing is for free!

• Kd
      7th of Aug, 2009

I have tried for several days to contact a customer service agent and failed, thru the automated system. I tried to access my account via internet and locked my account. I tried to contact customer service via customerservice@netspend.com and failed. I am out of town and need my routing information to make a deposit. Why can't I get thru to anyone at Netspend? As long as I'm spending money everythings fine but when trying to contact you there is a problem. Karen M. Wilson 202 658 5793. I need to here from someone ASAP. Your customer service has always had problems, now they are much worst than before. What kind of customer service is it if you can't get customer service. I'm considering pulling out on Netspend!!! This needs to be resolved...