Having problems with Mastercard?

Mastercard reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jan 5, 2008. The latest review Master Card advertising is racist was posted on Apr 7, 2021. The latest complaint complicit in online fraud was resolved on Dec 29, 2010. Mastercard has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 16 reviews. Mastercard has resolved 7 complaints.

Mastercard Customer Service Contacts

1800 627 8372 (United States)
1800 307 7309 (Canada)
1800 557 378 (Ireland)
1800 120 113 (Australia)
8800 555 0269 (Russia)
1803 1887 0623 (Indonesia)
1800 804 594 (Malaysia)
+44 800 964 767 (United Kingdom)
+64 800 441 671 (New Zealand)
+32 80 015 096 (Belgium)
+45 80 016 098 (Denmark)
+49 800 0713542 (Germany)
+31 800 022 5821 (Netherlands)
+351 800 811 272 (Portugal)
+41 800 897 092 (Switzerland)
+852 800 966 677 (Hong Kong)
+966 800 844 9457 (Saudi Arabia)
+65 800 110 0113 (Singapore)
+27 800 990 418 (South Africa)
+82 7981 1887 0823 (South Korea)
+971 800 0444 3895 (United Arab Emirates)
+84 12 011 576 (Vietnam)
+54 800 555 0507 (Argentina)
2000 Purchase Street
Purchase, New York

Mastercard Complaints & Reviews

MasterCard Master Card advertising is racist

Your TV advertisements and website show 90 percent back people. They are 13 percent of the population. I have several accounts on MasterCard and will cancel them as soon as I have other accounts in hand. This includes several Capital One and American Airlines Citibank accounts. Your whole outreach is wasteful of our money and denigrates the white, hispanic and Asians who have by far greater numbers and are grossly under represented by you. The racist anti-white stupidity that hides Major League Baseball canceling Atlanta is alive and well in your offices. The voter integrity law passed overwhelming in Georgia is to insure as much fairness and accuracy in elections as possible and not to suppress voters as the leftist politicians and media have claimed. The in fact is more progressive than New York's. But your sponsored MLB went with the lie. My destroying my MC accounts will not effect you; but, your own mismanagement and stupidity will. I have that to comfort me knowing I won't wife and I will not be using approximately 8- 12 thousand a month on those cards for your profit to shame us for being working successful NON blacks.

May 20, 2020

Master Card — Could not register the mastercard debit gift card

I have been trying to register this gift card for a month, it does not have the card number in the system and...

MasterCard credit card offer through mail for sealena young sent to my address

Seleana H Young has never lived at my residendence and is not authorized to use my address for credit card offers. Have never had a joint credit account with Sealena H Young and have never co-signed for credit on her behalf.
    Do not send and credit card offers or any mail pertaining to Seleana to my address:

5403 Lesters Fork Rd
    Grundy, VA [protected]

MasterCard charges taken off my debit card

There has been a charge of $29.95 taken off of my MasterCard that I didnt agree to or authorize. My cell number is [protected], my email is [protected]@gmail.com and my name is Amanda Martin-Warren. Please contact me asap. A woman named Laura Goolsby-Patterson has made charges with my debit card thru other online places. I dont even know what this website is or what the charges are about.
      Sincerely, Amanda

• Updated by Amanda Gail · Jan 13, 2019

This was done January 5th 2018

Mastercard Keytotheworldtravel card deactivated

My Keytotheworld Master card is Deactivated.

I tried to withdraw the last $19Aus from my card and after many days of trying the Banks, ATM's and local shops to use up the last few dollars I was advised for no explained reason that the card is Deactivated

After calling the help line I was told that to re-activate the card I would have to e-mail over six forms of Identification and original receipts to Master card.

Rather than risk my Identity theft over the Internet with all my personal documentation I decided to let them keep the $19 and post this e-mail story all over Social Media.

Keytotheworld Mastercard also do SIM cards and Travel Insurance so good luck on any personal claims for compensation through to the Key to the World Master Card business.

Joe D.
        Coombabah QLD.
        Aus 4216..

MasterCard $100.00 mastercard gift card rip off

On 12/7/2010 I bought a $100.00 MasterCard Gift Card. I gave it to my son as a gift. When he opened it there was a American Express card inside. I have my statement showing the date purchased and the amount of $340.00 as I bought 2 mastercard and one visa. one mastercard and the Visa worked but because the American Express was in the package instead of the mastercard I’m out $100.00 I think that’s bull ### as I paid $100.00 I should get $100.00 plus I paid the activation fee. Is there any thing you can do to refund my money without my receipt.

• Sy
              Sylvia Marie Feb 24, 2016

I received this $50 gift card for Christmas. Every time I try to register it I get a loud virus type page that comes up. I had to take my computer in and the only way to stop it is by unplugging it and taking out the battery. There is not a phone number. I emailed them and said I was going to file a complaint. I did not hear back from them

MauiAL50 May 01, 2012

So you bought a Mastercard gift card and put it in an envelope which you gave to your son, and when he opened it it was an American Express card? My question would be "Where did the American Express card come from?"

MasterCard — the new style of phone scam

A scam that's cropped up in recent years is a new turn on decades-old credit card fraud. The point of the...

Mastercard Worldwidecomplicit in online fraud

The thief/hacker creates a software program that falsely claims that it will protect your computer from viruses. Using your computer's vulnerabilities (typically Microsoft Internet Explorer etc) they hijack your computer, forcing into reboot, after which you can not access any program or service or data, unless you pay them typically from $50 to $100, to allow 'virus protection' for your computer, even though they are the perpetrators themselves. Mastercard has allowed shady merchants such as BuySoftHere.com to charge victims with impunity and turned blind eye to the problem. Mastercard has utterly failed to establish any proper procedure to effectively address the new massive threat. Fraudsters can hit massive number of innocent victims, with Mastercard sharing the profits and collecting hefty fees from such abuse. Please join our group to support class action lawsuite against Mastercard > group name > MasterCard complicit in online fraud.
            if you were victims of similar frauds- please get in touch [protected]@yahoo.com

• Ge
                George Harris Dec 29, 2010

just added info: this fraud is international by nature, not only United States, since it uses internet/computers to find victims, who also complained from Canada and other countries.

Please read full story in our group> MasterCard complicit in online fraud- use of malicious software to extort payments from innocent victims; possible class action lawsuit

MasterCard timming out at the atm

I am from australia and got a low rate mastercard for a 3 month european trip. Everytime I have tried to use my card at an atm to get a cash advance it gets declined. I get error messages like 'your transaction has timed out' or, 'contact your financial institutution'. This happened at almost every atm I tried to take cash out of. I contacted my bank who advised me they approve my transactions but mastercard keeps timing out so the transaction is not approved. I contacted mastercard to sort it out. They advised me that it is not their issue and that I have to contact my back. I advised mastercard of what my bank had advised me. I was stuck in paris with absolutely no cash on me at this stage. I was on the phone with mastercard, in america, for 45 mins, they eventually arranged a emergency cash advance for me which I had to travel in a taxi for 20mins to get to the location to pick up the cash. I was then assured by mastercard that if I used an atm from a major bank in the country im in and it displays the mastercard symbol, I shouldnt have any problems. So I get to glasgow and try to withdraw money and guess what, it didnt work! I tried 4 different atm's. I call mastercard again who advised me thats it not there issue and that I should contact my bank. I just want my money. Now because I have attempted 4 transactions that have been approved by my bank but not approved by mastercard the money has been deducted off my account but I do not have the actual cash, I have exceeded my daily limit which means I can't even get an emergency cash advance!! I am so unhapp cash with mastercard's service, or lack of service, when I get home I will be taking this up with mastercard directly. Do not use mastercard if you are planning on getting a cash advance from an atm when overseas!!!

MasterCard interest rates

I am contemplating hiring an attorney to handle Sears Mastercard.. I do not want to file bankruptcy and am more than willing to pay my sears mastercard balance off, which is what I was doing, but when they abruptly changed the percentage rate to 29.99% just like many other creditors, just because they could, the payment became impossible.. They set us up on a yearly program at a fixed payment and then stated if payments were made on time, the percentage rate would return to the original after the 1-year payment arrangement... when the 1-year payment arrangement was complete, we received a letter thanking us for completing the payment arrangements and our account would return to the original 9% rate.. Well, that lasted for 1 month with a statement reflecting the 9% rate, and then promptly returned to 29.99% of which we absolutely refused to pay... they have now reduced it to 6% for another year of which we are again making the payments requested, but I am wondering if an attorney would put this rollarcoaster to an end without having to file bankruptcy, although Sears Mastercard probably deserves the bankruptcies they suffer; however, bankruptcy for me is not an option I wish to choose... Any advice would be appreciated.. We have saved all correspondence from Sears...

• Gi
                    Ginger C Peacock Sep 07, 2014

I put $ on reloadable card yesterday, and called the number from Walgreens online support, and the lady told me she had cancelled my card even though She saw I Just put $ 20.00 on it, and There is nothing I can do, and nobody I can talk too!
                    I do not have money to throw away!

• Ve
                    Velvet Rodgers Jul 15, 2014

Portfolio is trying to collect on a Mastercard credit card that I have never had. I do not have or will ever have a credit card, nor do I have the ability or desire to get one. So I would really hope that you all could stop calling me and get this straightened out.

• Tr
                    tracyamber Jul 03, 2014

About 3 years ago, I had signed up for a Shoppers Optimum MBNA Mastercard. It was only a small $500 credit limit I was approved for, but it did exactly what I wanted, and had a great credit score. RBC eventually bought MBNA and switched cards and what not. When I received the new card in the mail, I didn't need to call to activate it or anything so I just continued to use and pay for it online as normal. 3 months later I received a call saying that Mastercard hadn't received any money in 3 months and if I didn't make the required payment that my account would be sent to collections. So I went to the bank and paid it right away. The next statement I received in the mail had stated my credit had been suspended and I could no longer use the card. So I had went to the bank and looked at my recent transactions and all the money I had paid onto the card was gone, and I even spoke to the bank teller and he had said all the money I had paid had gone to the account, and was told to talk to RBC and find out what was going on. I did so, and RBC just said they didn't, and I should talk to my bank. The only possible conclusion I can think of, is when RBC had bought MBNA, maybe they switched account numbers and I was paying money onto my old account ? MasterCard failed to help me and totally messed up my credit score. They didn't even send a letter stating to switch account numbers or anything. They didn't call for months to let me know they weren't receiving payments or anything. I guess in hind sight it was my own fault for not verifying, but there was never problems before when I had the card, and then suddenly my account has gone to collections and everything I had worked for is in the gutter. Never will I ever apply for another MasterCard again, and I do NOT advise anyone else to do so either.

• Aa
                    Aaaah Dec 11, 2012

Total agreed, HSBC harrassed me every month with their mail and calls! Great that they were penalized for money laundering

• Vi
                    Virginia Cottone Dec 11, 2012

I received a Mastercard gift card for my birthday and did go the website indicated on the card. I cannot seem to register this card. Can you help me. Website is www.mygiftcardsite.com????

• Je
                    Jerost Oct 10, 2011

add yourself to support the group we are trying to do everything possible to sue this compagnie

• La
                    lahopdido Jul 27, 2010

I got a letter stating that if send $30.00 processing fee I would get 10k. I want to know if this is
                    true?

joseph good Aug 13, 2008

recieved mastercard credit card in mail, telling me to call to activate. I did not apply for it, nor do I want it. It was issued by First Bank of Delaware. I would never apply for something I certainly cannot afford! So I guess the question is, How did you get my info? Maybe you should screen your applicants more carefully! I have read other complaints that are similar, and I understand there is a 30 day period which to cancel. PLEASE CANCEL ME.

Jami N Anderson Oct 12, 2007

I made a payment with Continental Finance, Mastercard. They took out 3 payments of $60.00 out of my bank account, but I authorized only 1. I talked to mastercaard and told them about the situation. They said that they would refund the 2 payments. I have not seen any refund. I am now overdrawn on my bank account, and it would not of happened if I did not have them take those other two payments out. Since I did not get the refund I have tried to contact mastercard many times, but I can't get past the autamative system. In fact, the system option that would let me talk to a real person. it required me to put my credit card number, and then it says my information is invalid. they did agree to fix this by refunding my money, but I can't get through to a real person, and I feel like they should be responsible for this.

MasterCard wrong number

Solitication calls are continuously placed to this phone number, which is unlisted and has been in use for approximately 34 years by a family that has no ties to Verlon Tucker. This phone number for an address located in Brooklyn, NY but the address for Verlon Tucker is listed in Tampa, Florida. I have no idea how this number was given out or how to make the calls stop.

MasterCard — fifth third bank

Fifth third bank sent me a mastercard a year ago and I distroyed it and threw it away. I never requested it...

MasterCard the company is over charging me and harrassing me by calling allday evryday on my home phone and cell phones.

I was on medical leave and before that my account was in good standing up to date. Then I went on medical leave and I called Continentail Finance to advise them that I was going on medical leave and I needed a form to file a claim with their credit protection group to whom I pay a monthly fee . Well I never received those forms and my account is late and has become over the limit because Continental imposed late fees and other fees to my account. I am getting charged between 10 to 15 different fees every month for a credit limit of only $300.00. I knew about some of the fees but I did not expect so many fees. I feel like I am being taken advantage of.

MasterCard unauthorized use

This is just a condensed version of what has really taken place:
                      Mastercard authorized charges on my card I lost with a company just because I had done business with them before. What if this person that persued these charges was someone I actually knew and had stolen my card. Now my account is overdrawn $389.46 because mastercard had access to my bank account. This is wrong!!!

MasterCard harassing phone calls

I currently have a mastercard through Continental Finance. At first, I ordered this card only in hopes I could re-establish my credit. Now, every month, even when I'm not late on my payment, they call me. This month I was 4 days late and every day, including the due date, they called me at least 10 times a day! They called me at home and on my cell phone. I have asked them, every month, not to call me at all but they told me that it's a "courtesy call" and they cannot guarantee the calls will stop. This month was the end of my rope with them. Today, alone, there were 6 calls on my caller ID at home and 6 calls on my caller ID on my cell phone from them! That's 12 phone calls in one day! That's pure harassment and I'm now looking for an attorney to sue them for it. DO NOT get a card from this company!!!

• Sh
                            Shari Scarpantonio Sep 11, 2008

Master Card — I never signed up for your services

I never authorized and have not used your service and have been charged on my Master Card statement on 8/7/07...