Netspend Corporation / scam gift cards

The gift cards are a scam. Erroneous charges were added to the gift card, tried to dispute and never got a response from Customer service. I was advised to go on the internet to file a complaint and the website didnt work... Lost money with this company... Try not to purchase the gift cards, they are worthless.

Comments

• Sm
      27th of May, 2008

I received a netspend gift card for Christmas '07. First, I had trouble even using it most of the time. The purchases wouldn't go through. I did manage to use it twice, and knew I had about $63 left. (I called the 800 number to find out and they charged .50 for this information) Tried unsuccessfully several more times to use the card so I finally went online to check the balance, as one store owner said she needed exact balance for the card to work. Guess what? The balance was ZERO! The company charges a $4.95 "maintainance fee" PER MONTH. DON'T BUY THESE CARDS -YOU ARE LITERALLY THROWING MONEY AWAY!

• Ro
      26th of Mar, 2010

I wanted to make the same complaints but I didnt want to seem a bigot, buit I must agree with every single complaint . I ve never called and got someone that could speak passable english . If there is anyone that has an account with them would be wise to start searching for more secure grounds when it comes to the safety of your money. I called last night and informed customer service that someone may have my accont number and would they head off anyone besides me going into my account and I was told that if they tried the money would be given to them if they tried . That of course scared the hell out of me and I promptly closed my direct deposit.