Netspend / scam and cheating

If u folks have a good credit line you losers, u wouldn't even have to get a DEBIT CARD!! Y r u blaming the reps when they are just ###ing doing their jobs??! Do you think that if they have a choice, they would work their ### off when its 3AM their time and they get screamed out by u ###s when they could get a morning job and just like regular people, sleep when its bedtime?? They do talk to u stupid ### (who don't even know what mother's maiden name is) bec that is their job!! If u people even know how to do simple math, these companies wouldn't even have to go out of the US to get employees!! And these [censored]IN policies that these reps have to comply on, do you think that they and not their BOSSES in the US were the ones who set that up?? Think abt it, stupid [censored]es..!

Ma

Comments

22nd of Jul, 2008

Maria your arguments are ignorant... I don't understand how you can pass judgement on cardholders and displace blame away from the corp. and the rep's when the consumer is not the one at fault. The rep's do have a choice, it's the job that they applied for unless they are being held their against their will and not getting paid (which would be a human rights issue and would need to be reported) then it is simple the reps need to DO THEIR [censored]IN JOB!!! And besides the company is the largest prepaid/debit card business in the US, they have 225 employees and the net income is something like 70 million dollars... in short they are getting paid quite well to be screamed at over the phone and I reiterate they need to DO THEIR [censored]IN JOB!!! AND STUPID CHICK the company is in the US it is located in Texas the employees live in the US (even if they may not be originally from here) someone speaking with an accent does not mean they are a "foreginer" so why don't you check your stereotypes biotch... the rep's are not doing thier job (accent or not) the mothafckas gave me the run around talkin about their investigator hadn't got to my case for the pass month, WHAT?! you know what that means it means THEY ARE NOT DOING THEIR [censored]IN JOB... and soon somebody is going to sue the pants off of this company and I can't wait to hear about it...and laugh...gleefully...

• Ha
      15th of Aug, 2008

I agree it is the corps fault...i have talked to them several times and did not get angry even though i wanted to reach thru the phone and Biotch slap that guy and his supervisor. Their customer service sucks ### and like another person said he didnt even have a card but got an email from them saying he did and when he called and told them he didnt have one they wanted his social etc?? WTF?? I wouldnt give them that info either no way no how! Now on occasion i have had problems and actually spoke to someone who was very polite and patient with me and the problem was resolved..but...so far and i have had netspend for 4 yrs...about 90 percent of the time i get ###s that dont know wtf they are doing and almost act like they could give a crap one way or the other. Just wanted to say my piece...later

• Ed
      9th of Sep, 2008

Although what Christina says is technically correct, I agree with Maria. Card holders are an impatient lot with too much justification for "service". Despite of complaints of "bad service", cardholders (like myself) often make unwise decisions with their money and blame the store, the manager, the card, the card company, and the reps.

• Po
      21st of Apr, 2009

I agree it should be the responsibility of the consumer to do their homework before getting involved in what could be classified as a scam. but at the same time it is the corporations responsibility to provide the consumer with good customer service and to make sure the customer's account is properly credited and debited. I have worked both ends of situations like this and I will tell you I used to deal with some customers who actually read the paperwork they were given and understood all it said, as well as some who just signed there name and never bothered to look at the papers they were signing. I do feel that if someone calls and complains about a fraudulent charge or purchase to their account or if they have had "Identitiy Theft" the account(s) in question be frozen for at least 3 days to examine the claim and see if it is lefitimate.

• Te
      23rd of Apr, 2009

I think that Maria works for netspend and credit does'nt have anything to do with it sometimes people want to just get a card that they can use on the web or for purchases that don't have anything to do with credit which is smart if u do have the money @ the time don't spend now smoke that Smart ###

9th of Aug, 2009

I recently just had my IRS refund direct deposited on my netspend card. The day it was suppose to be loaded, I checked my account and the money wasn't there. When I called to speak to someone about it, they told me because of the amount of the refund it was subject to verification. I was assured the money would be released in 4 hours. After the 4 hours needless to say the money still was not released. I called back and they said that I had to fax in a copy of my paycheck stub!!! What type of verification process is that! I faxed it in anyway and was assured that as soon as they received my paperwork they would release my money. After an additional 2 hours, I called back and the claimed that they haven't received the fax yet. They say that they receive the faxes by batch and it could take 6 to 8 hours for them to receive it. The next day my money still was not released and nobody had any answers why. After being on hold for an hour and 12 minutes, I was informed that the deposit was sent back because they couldn't verify anything. I was disgusted and disappointed. I had to wait 2 weeks for the refund to get back to the IRS and another 2 weeks for them to send it to me in check form. I quickly closed my account with netspend after that and encourage all who are netspend customers to do the same!

• Td
      29th of Aug, 2009

How can I even speak to an actual human at netspend?

• Ca
      9th of Sep, 2009

They never let you speak to a rep.

1st of Oct, 2009

I have been a Netspend user for 6 years & have no complaints other than, yes...their customer service is awful, the people, if you can get anyone on the phone, are rude & generally not interested in the issue. I work customer service all day & there are times that my callers are rude & demeaning, but as a professional, I have to maintain my sense of respect for them even if they don't show the same respect to me. That's my job...Thus the moniker, "customer SERVICE". If you can't hack the service part, maybe you should work for the government, they are rude & love to help foreigners more than their own people too!

• De
      28th of Jan, 2010

Maria when I looked up the word ignorant I saw YOUR PICTURE!!!

• De
      28th of Jan, 2010

Maria-WHEN I LOOKED UP THE WORD IGNORANT I SAW YOUR PICTURE. I HOPE YOU DO NOT HAVE A HUSBAND OR CHILDREN BECAUSE IF YOU DO I KNOW THEY HAVE TO BE ASHAMED OF YOU!!!

31st of Jan, 2010

COME ON, LETS BE ADULTS AND QUITE THE BAD MOUTHING. ALTHOUGH, I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING THESE PEOPLE ARE SAYING, YOU KNOW THAT'S HOW CREDIT CARD COMPANIES MAKE THEIR MONEY IS TO GET PEOPLE TO USE THE CARDS. RIGHT? DO WHAT I DO, USE MONEY, OR CHECKS ONLY. I NEVER USE A CARD. EVERYTHING ON THIS INTERNET YOU HAVE TO CHECK OUT COMPANIES AND SEE IF THEY HAVE SCAMMING BEHIND THEIR NAME. WE ALL NEED TO USE WISDOM AND STAY WATCH OVER THOSE THAT WANT OUR MONEY. NOW, LETS BE IN PEACE WITH ONE ANOTHER. GOD BLESS YOU AND JUST BE CAREFUL. JOY FROM OMAHA NE.

• Ph
      23rd of Feb, 2010

i always have spoken to a rep never had a problem

• Ye
      6th of Dec, 2010

I did my research before using Netspend. My employer used it as a government card. I have a current credit score of 760 and have no debt. Let me tell you something, you judgemental [censor]! ID FRAUD and bad customer service is NETSPENDS middle name. I have an FBI and TIGTA report that shows workers of NetSPeND selling card numbers and PINS. If you dont believe me, go to their website< you judgemental, [censored]es. SOUNDS to me like MAriA and the rest of you ignorant KARMA induced, insecure tricks didnt do YOUR research before opening your big mouths. practice research yourself, you bankrupt hypocrite. SMH http://www.treasury.gov/tigta/ you are [censor]!

12th of Jan, 2011

i have had netspend for years and have deposited both tax refunds and other benefits in card and only had a problem once and that was due to error in typing of acct # so i encourage everyone to make sure u have all paperworks right cause thats more likely what was wrong ...i dont believe netspend is scamming anyone

19th of Jan, 2011

Ok get this one we have had netspend for years never had a problem. 01-11-11 we were moving some furniture & rented a rental truck .We explained we would pay cash upon returning truck . They said they needed credit or debit and would put $80.00 hold on . But money would be returned no more than 3 days . We had deposited $310. onto card on 1-10-11. Ok, so we wait the required time without much thought to the matter . Then after 7 days & money had not been returned to card, we called truck rental company, they said they had not charged card, they only authorized to make sure funds there . So we call netspend they said it had been charged and would not reverse transction until Rental company faxed them release papers. So call rental company back they have no fax machine . I have been on phone for almost 2 hours by this time . Get new rep every time call netspend .So have to go through all details again . Called netspend back ok have them e-mail us ..but this ref # must be on e-mail . Called rental com back they can e-mail but dont have access to add any ref # to . So ask rental com to e-mail . Please put me through to their rental com customer service . Which they did customer service was very helpful, said they could fax release which he tried to do 3 times . But # netspend rep gave me was an automated complaint line for netspend which noone ever answers . Just asks you to leave message . So I ask rental com rep to fax papers to my work, which he did . So then I go online to netspend customer service WOW a fax # and e-mail address thought I had hit the jackpot . Tried to fax said fax had been disconnected, tried to go to e-mail address invalid e-mail address ... Alas guess I must get back on phone with reps I can barely understand & hope we get @ least some of our $ back . Think this is it for me with netspend . You tell me is it a scam ..Rental Company doesnt have money, netspend wont give money back . Who got this money the rep who charged it ? You tell me .

20th of Jan, 2011

Is this a complaint page for netspend, or a page for netspend reps to further annoy the people that basically pay their checks . Without stupid card holders your non english speaking behinds wouldnt have a job .. this is awful to much filthy talking on here . Convincing me even more no one monitors anything netspend reps do .Definitly no one monitors or cares about the cardholder issues . If it was legit a lot of these comments would be deleted .

• Ro
      23rd of Jan, 2011

where are u calling, anyway, when u call netspend...sounds like the phillippines.

• Qu
      27th of Jan, 2011

NetSpend Legit Company or a scam?
    In october 2009 i was sent a netSpend Visa Prepaid debit card in the mail to my address so today i tried activating it and the online system wouldnt work so i called they asked all my info social included and even they could not activate it now me and my mom are scared this company will take my identity PLEASE HELP!!
    1 year ago Report Abuse by Alina Member since:
    January 23, 2010
    Total points:
    139 (Level 1)
    Add Contact

Block

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
    yes. Google "NetSpend Scam" and there are hundreds of people who have filed complaints.
    Source(s):
    various complaint sites such as

• We
      16th of Mar, 2011

Netspend customer service is the major problem. This is a prepaid card for crying out loud. I'm not charging anything. It's my cash. I read every stinkin small print before i bought one of these things. Yes, it's embarassing to resort to such a move but i'm not going to go there, here. I've been misinformed by reps sohhh many times, put money on there (Few thous a few weeks ago) and couldn't access it. The samll print in agreement notes does not tell all. Reps are outsourced, which annoys the heck out of me right off the bat, but if they know what they're talking about, i could harbor a bit more confidence. Right now, i have very little respect or confidence. It's only been about 4 weeks since i purchased this card and it's been downhill all the way. I purchased it to travel with. To the smart a— who commented about losers who need to purchase a prepaid card, "go to bed, sleep it off. And when you wake up in the morning (Afternoon or whatever you're unusual schedule might be) be thankful you can feel so cocky, but do not pass judgement. I suggest you keep your condescending remarks to yourself. Cocky only works until something happens in your life that can present an awkwardly humbling experience.