Multichoice / frustrated with multichoice customer service!

1 South Africa Review updated:

I have been so frustrated with the customer service at Multichoice, that I know revert to writing this down, as I cannot explain this issue one more time to someone who works shifts and finds it impossible to keep their word, and get back to me as they ALL promise.

REF number: [protected]

In March 2006, I disconnected my service with MultiChoice, as I moved to Mozambique for an unknown period. On 27 Fear I asked a friend, to phone Multichoice on my behalf, using my DSTV number, to inquire re the reconnection fees,(monthly and yearly) She did this, and concluded this conversation in saying that we will come back to confirm if we wanted to pay for this on monthly or a yearly basis. Thus not confirming it during the call.

On 27 March, to my shock and surprise I saw that the amount of R 858.93 was deducted by Multichoice. I was horrified. And then the terrible journey began to try and sort this out with your call centre. I phoned on 2/4/2007, spoke to Henri, see above ref number. All he did was to say the call will be retreated and he will get back to me before the end of the week, On Thursday I called just to find that nothing was done.

On Tuesday 10/4/2007 I called again (even though Multichoice said they would call me back. ) I spoke to Nicky, she escalated the problem to the complains manager. Later in the week I called again, and spoke to Marilynn Collins, to whom I had to again explain the full problem. She said that someone listened to the call, and that they said my friend requested reconnection. ON the same day Henri called to say that he did not listen to the call, someone else did.

I now requested to listen to the tape myself, and asked Marilynn to arrange for this for Sat 21/4/2007 at 09h00. On Monday 16/4/2007 I got a message from her to say that they had the tape at the front desk on 14/4/2007 --- I was amazed.

On 17/4 I called and asked to speak to Shawane, he actually listened to me, and even indicated that he can understand why someone might have misunderstood this request as a request for reconnection. I FELT HOPEFUL. He promised to make an appointment for me for 21/4/2007 at 10h00 and would get back to me

I WAITED

19/4/2007 I called again, asked to but put through to a complaints manager, as Shawane was not on duty, who would call me back within the hour, as the problem has been escalated (I now think this just means, the complaint has been filed in the dustbin)

When at 16h00 I still have not been contacted by Multichoice (within the hour she said) I called again, and asked the call centre person who answered Peter, to just put me through to a complaints manager, I got connected to Johannes Nkabinde, who said someone apparently did try and get hold of me. I however had no missed calls from anyone, and received no messages on my answering service.

He promised to again forward an email to Marilynn and Shawane and Nicky to get back to me to confirm the appointment for Saturday 21/4/2007.

I feel as a customer, that I have no value to you, that when a problem arise, you seem to think that it is my problem, and my perception is that I as a customer has no value to you. This saddens me and at the same time makes me really really angry. You have a customer complains department, yet I as a customer feels that you really do not care enough to help me. The experience I had with you really just makes me wonder if I want to be your customer. Should I not spend my money elsewhere.

I am in anticipation to hear the outcome of this issue, I would be most amazed if someone calls me back tomorrow.

Kind regards

Hi there. My channel 408 isnt playing. What is happening because I paid

• Priscilla Van wyk's Response, Mar 21, 2018

0662012500

• Inoshini's Response, Apr 03, 2018

I am very upset about glow tv been removed from dstv, there are many channels that are of no use, glow tv has millions of viewers and i dont see the need for it to be removed . Glow tv were airing series that you follow on a daily basis, unlike the repeats of movies that airs on dstv other...

• Katlego Spooner's Response, Jul 11, 2018

Can someone help the SABC channels areblocked but other channels are playing fine can we get assistance bcos they couldn't help remotely

• Rudy Naidu's Response, Sep 10, 2018

When called dstv...i was told that I can go to their branch in Umhlanga and they will replace my explorer. Spoke to Kevin from the insurance department and was assured that I will get a new explorer by tomorrow.
    Got home and got a call from Kevin again saying that I will only be able to get a new 1 in November beacuse as per the call with myself and agent, the 3 months waiting period was confirmed. Asked for the recording to be sent through and still nothing has come.
    My point being, why make a decision to give me the new explorer and also say that he will extend his arm and waver the waiting period, only to get a call from him saying that he cant help, yet the decision was made to help but instead will look for every way not to help.
    Pathetic service from DSTV Randburgh.

Comments

• Ro
      7th of Jun, 2015

I contacted your cape town office on sunday 07/06/2015 and was disgusted at your service you gave me id no 7306135183089 signal strength o smartcard n/a please before u send me a message that I must pay R861 again see that you've sorted out your call centre staff with the right tools to assist any one with queries

• Si
      14th of Aug, 2018
    MultiChoice Africa / DSTV - Installation by Dave's in saldanha Bay
    saldanha bay
    South Africa

the installer does not keep appointment and when he decides to pitch during working hours days after the appointment he addresses his customer in a derogatory racist term: "Boetie"

my dstv is still not installed. i would the installation done asap my name is Mabope.

• Ka
    MultiChoice Africa / DSTV - Channels errors
    Mondeor
    South Africa

We had a problem whereby SABC channels are blocks and u thought it was decutor but is the channels the technicians couldn't help. We ask for help can someone assist us .

Can someone contact us with this matter I don't know why SABC channels because this one's are free on TV

• Bu
    MultiChoice Africa / DSTV - DSTV Catch up
    dstv.com

hi guys,

im just feeling a little frustrated im on the DSTV compact subscription on the DSTV app there are a few shows that are not there: Yobe and Lockdown, however you still have Date My Family and Abomama and those shows are no longer playing.

please upload Yobe and Lockdown.

Regards

• Ks
    Multichoice DSTV - Subscription
    Randburg
    South Africa

Multichoice has opened all supersport channels to subscribers free of charge and according to the CEO it is a way of thanking subscribers for their support.i am a premium subscriber and I pay for the sport channels so how is multichoice thinking me with this promotion.

• Er
    MultiChoice Africa / DSTV - Programming
    Johannesburg

To whom it may concern,
    I am very disappointed to see the movie "Valentines Day " on TV again. I enjoyed this movie the first few times I saw it, but how many times can you show this movie? This is a real cheap shot to show this soooo many times. PLEASE do not show this movie again. Surely DSTV can do better than this!!!

• Mo
      20th of Aug, 2018
    MultiChoice Africa / DSTV - Struggeling with submitting my documents to creditdicuments@dstv
    Jhb
    Multichoise.Co.za

I have sent many emails containing my documents and then just get a mail back asking for the same documents. It is in pdf format and my id is curtified and newer than 3 months. Please help me to sort this out im on the point of reporting you to all parties i can.

• Hi
    MultiChoice Africa / DSTV - my decoder keeps on rebooting,

reboots at 5h15, 6h15, 7h15 and at 17h15, 18h15, 19h15 and sometimes in between
    agent in PE says I must buy a new unit as the programme is no longer available

• Pr
    MultiChoice Africa / DSTV - Installation
    Harrismith

Good day

I'm currently in Harrismith, Free State and I'm having problems to get my decoders installed by your acreditered dealership in this town

• Ka
    MultiChoice Africa / DSTV - Dstv
    randburg
    South Africa

It is shocking and disgusting how muvh you charge for your services. Sick and tired of repeat after repeat after repeat of both series and movies. Common...we pay lits of mobey time to up your game. The fees are totally astronomical and due to the fact that you tie up all the sports ..so we have no choice but to pay if we want yo watch sports.

• Te
    MultiChoice Africa / DSTV - Service
    Jhb
    South Africa

I have paid my dstv R1500 yesterday and I called so they can reconnect I'm sure more than 7 times and still today my dstv is not connected. I could have used that money for something else what a waste of my airtime and money.

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV - Old content all the time
    Cape Town
    South Africa

Playing the same old movies and series of a decade ago is starting to get out rages. No new content is displayed on the new channels and you can only watch the same thing so many times. This is besides the glitches that you get frequently. It's like paying for no service and bad quality.

• Mi
    MultiChoice Africa / DSTV - My monthly subscription
    dstv.com

My Dstv had extra channels. Up until Sunday but the next thing, it's suspended.

• Ar
    MultiChoice Africa / DSTV - Installation Explorer
    SENEKAL

Customer : 42819615875
    I received the explorer by courier. It was suppose to be with installation.
    It is a month later - still no installation.
    I call the call centre in Bloemfontein every week for three weeks - all I got from them is a Case nr : 27607 - Still no installation.

• Si
    MultiChoice Africa / DSTV - Channel 408 is not playing
    Pongola

Hi there. My channel 408 isnt playing. What is happening because I paid

MultiChoice Africa / DSTV - Price lock
    Pretoria
    South Africa

I have settled my account in February but am still being billed for price lock, and am still waiting for the paid up letter, this is the 10th complaint am writing to you and no one ever assisted me

• De
      20th of Aug, 2018
    MultiChoice Africa / DSTV - reconnection after I have paid.
    South Africa

On 15/02/2018 I paid my account number 88442119 at the atm. My due date was 16/02/2018. On Saturday 17/02/2018 i woke up with only three channels. I sent an e-mail to date but no reconnection has been done till now. I called but it put me straight to call centre till my airtime is finished.

• Zo
    DSTV multichoice South Africa - Messages received
    South Africa

I'm tired of DSTV sending me message about my account, which I pay on the 01-06-2018 please guys stop this I've payed my account.

• Ra
    MultiChoice Africa / DSTV - Channel 137
    Porter
    Maine
    South Africa

This channel keeps repeating movies. Sic and tired of the repeats. Considering moving to OVHD has more movie content.

• In